worst gameplay ever

Sitting in my office watching a certain individual's fail attempt on YouTube helped me realize that even the best of the best zombie players can have "bad days at the office". I recall some of mine failures to cause my teammates cringe, some I have yet to play with since. So I dedicate this post to share my most dreadful game play.

1. After defeating the pentagon thief in five, a bon-fire sale was awarded. Rushing into the PAP room allowed me to upgrade my M1911 to Mustang and Sally first. Excited to be able to do so for 1000 points I stood by the door waiting for the Defcon to countdown. One of my teammates knifed me to signal my turn to run the war room to attact the zombies. Then ALL my teammates knifed me. After running two laps in the war room I realized I forgot to pick up the Mustang and Sally, losing it to the PAP machine. As an added bonus, none of my teammates were able to upgrade because of it.

2. After reaching round 31 in another game, I received an invite to join another game. Instead of replying the invite, I accidently hit the button next to it, join. Being the host joining another game abruptly ending our three hour game. Two of the three teammates that day removed me from their friends list.

3. My worst game was when I had the fortune to hit the triple crown of "don't be that guy", the guy with most downs, the guy getting your teammates killed trying to revive you in a suicide mission, (upper war room, PAP moon....etc), and ending the game accidentally killing yourself with explosives.

My fellow CODZ teammates, what were your worst moments?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon. Round 30. NO ONE had recieved the wave gun yet. One friend dead and two friends down.

There was a single crawler left in the game, right by the two players who were "Scissoring". Everytime I tried to revive, the crawler prevented me as it was too close (Didnt have jug). There was plenty of time left, and we were next to the box (Outside). To attract the crawler, I hit the box, got a wave gun. After exclaiming my happiness and relief from getting the wave gun. Rushed to my gun, two hits from the crawler. Game over.

Twas a hideous day for the human race...

Sitting in my office watching a certain individual's fail attempt on YouTube helped me realize that even the best of the best zombie players can have "bad days at the office".

You wouldn't be referring to this by any chance, would you? :lol:

hwVF7Hie2Ek

Just that old thing with No Man's Land, the game is so fast paced you feel like your health should regenerate quicker, this isn't the first time it's happened and I'm certain it won't be the last ;)

Not quite a 'bad day at the office' though, about an hour later I scored 305 kills using the telepad strategy, which beats the previous world record for that particular strategy, 300 kills set by MatoMaster :D Video of the full game HERE (yes, I actually managed one of my best No Man's Land games during a recording session, shocking...).

As for my worst gameplay... a recent one that comes to mind, a casual game with Tom on Ascension, he goes down messing around with some small-area kiting, zombies just keep coming and coming. I'm sitting there like 'it's OK, I have time'. I think I have time, I then get there for the revive, just as I go to press the revive button he dies. Letting a teammate die unnecesarily is always a total fail.

By no means taking shots. Left the name off the post on purpose. You know I read and watch all your posts and vids.

Just good to know that even the very best have games they wish hadn't exist. Which led me to create this post, on company time may I add.

My worst moment: On Moon, round two, we had a slow crawler left. I had no ammo, no grenades. En route to the Olympia, I was going to kill him the only way I could, via knife. I get hit one, and then... am grabbed by the Astronaut Zombie, and the crawler gets me. Worse time was my relative; downed 14 times in round 1.

By no means taking shots. Left the name off the post on purpose. You know I read and watch all your posts and vids.

Just good to know that even the very best have games they wish hadn't exist. Which led me to create this post, on company time may I add.

Na of course not mate, I know full well you didn't mean any disrespect whatsoever, hence my jokey reply ;)

One time I played map Der Riese, I was going so well with another three randoms. Racking up around 15,000 - 16,500 points and i dodged the zombie attack. I got lucky and someone got downed across the map. I threw a monkey bomb at the corner and ran down to MP40 room to revive the player. But i did not see any zombies, then monkey bomb explodes and heard a zombie attack yell while i was reviving the downed player *I did not have any quick revive* then I got downed by a single hit. I had juggernog, had been quadriplied slapped by two zombies behind me. ugh :facepalm:

It was just one of the worst gameplays.

-Nathan169

My worst gameplay... My worst was a game on kino I played about three weeks ago where I had about five downs DURING round 20, which is completely inexcusable... I had another tonight where in NML I hit 213 kills at 6/6/27 trying to beat super's record on the pad, then got double tapped by crawlers as I shot a double-shot... One of the fastest rage quits I have ever done :lol:

Lets see if I can remember some.

Co-op game on Moon. We had gone to NML to PaP. I put in my HK21 but because zombies were coming very quickly, I had to leave it. I got back to it just as it disappeared D:

This was my first, maybe second Co-Op Shangri-La game. I wouldn't say it's my fail, but I went down to the power room to revive someone by the Bowie Knife. But the damn Napalm Zombie (which I was seeing for the first time) was right near him. My inexperience with the map at that point, plus being distracted by him made me go down. Other two team mates come down, one starts to revive me, however the Napalm Zombie is getting closer. In an effort, the other team mate tries to explode the Napalm Zombie. Next thing I know, game over. It had killed both the team mates, yet for the some strange reason, I got the trophy/achievement saying I had blown the zombie up without hurting anyone else. :roll:

And of course I've had those bad days where you're "that guy". You keep going down and all, and everyone thinks your crap.

• 4 months later...

Hard to imagine it has been four plus months since my very first thread. 600+ posts later and be-friending many of you, my game is still garbage. I carry myself as an semi-intelligent guy, with class and dignity, yet I keep having the so called "blonde moments" and embarrass myself in the world of zombies.

Twenty minutes ago had a game on Moon. Teamed up with a random with a high round of 11. Was going to do a Superhand "let him die so I could gather enough points to buy jug" plan, surprised it was successful without him dying. Round 6 with 8000+ points and the random already bled out, planning to open all doors to hacker and into the Bio dome. While hacking the door by Bowie, new spawn interrupts forcing me to stop hacking. I threw a grenade hoping to get a crawler. Stupid stupid stupid stupid move. Before the grenade even leaves my hand I was fucking myself.

Few rounds later, after helping the random get jug, I had just under 20000 to hit the box for wave gun. Right after getting CZ75 I got the Teddy. Running to another box location I encountered the astro, forcing me to blast him with the Mustang and Sally. Go ahead and laugh if you can sense where this is going. After wasting all my points on box I had to settle for Galil until more points. Yep, you guessed it, I had given up Mustang and Sally by mistake thinking it was CZ75. Never rage quit faster.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid Jay.

• 1 month later...

One time I got downed in solo mid thirties. I had QR and just shot downward repeatedly with mustang and Sally to clear the train (baddies in the first place). Somehow I shot it downward as I was just finishing reviving and the explosion dropped me right back down again.

Although this wasn't really a gameplay fail, once someone in the room with me tossed a glazed donut and it stuck right on my face. I roared like a dragon. Then, (and I still don't know why) I bashed my face against a table to get the donut off because my hands were busy. Somehow I didn't even die in the game, but I continued on to make my highest round yet, all while enduring a heavy nosebleed.

And this wasn't really my fail, but I was playing ascension with my cousin. He was on the upper floor in the centrifuge room on like round 2. I said "I was really surprised the first time I dove off of there because I thought I wouldn't go down." naturally he tries it. He somehow got caught by the spinning centrifuge and glitches the he out bleeding out Instantly. I still don't even know what happened. Anyone see this before?

And finally, after pack-a-punching on shangri-la, I ran to dive and flop. On a load of zombies o the stairs. Guess who didn't have flopper? Quick-draw McGraw couldn't have rage-quit as fast as I did that day.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

One time I got downed in solo mid thirties. I had QR and just shot downward repeatedly with mustang and Sally to clear the train (baddies in the first place). Somehow I shot it downward as I was just finishing reviving and the explosion dropped me right back down again.

Although this wasn't really a gameplay fail, once someone in the room with me tossed a glazed donut and it stuck right on my face. I roared like a dragon. Then, (and I still don't know why) I bashed my face against a table to get the donut off because my hands were busy. Somehow I didn't even die in the game, but I continued on to make my highest round yet, all while enduring a heavy nosebleed.

Theres a thing called pause you know ;)

And this wasn't really my fail, but I was playing ascension with my cousin. He was on the upper floor in the centrifuge room on like round 2. I said "I was really surprised the first time I dove off of there because I thought I wouldn't go down." naturally he tries it. He somehow got caught by the spinning centrifuge and glitches the he out bleeding out Instantly. I still don't even know what happened. Anyone see this before?
No.But i want to.

And finally, after pack-a-punching on shangri-la, I ran to dive and flop. On a load of zombies o the stairs. Guess who didn't have flopper? Quick-draw McGraw couldn't have rage-quit as fast as I did that day.

:lol:

I like dragging up old posts.Now that its off season,we should all do some digging around the forum.Just not too much,too avoid excessive necro-posting.

Thankfully not too many, or they occur in solo.

Some memory crap: like upgrading two staves in tcp. One is done, i trade the one in hand for it, forgetting to put it in its pedestal. And then i was wondering why the souls weren't flowing to it. Der.

Who hasn't dolphin dived to their death in buried? On way down: 'wait, do i currently have flopper?'.

Origins, 2 man, my buddy goes down and i can't get him. He says no problem, get those things done. As i start to head the wrong direction, i turn back just a little: the 2 zombies flank me instantly against a wall. Game over (didn't have any thing that would immediately get them gone.

Otherwise the occasional: i get a bs death, someone revives me, instant double slap...

Sometimes it is just jinxing yourself with thoughts: i was window man in Der Riese, 4 person camping the flytrap hallway. It was round 31 or 32, my highest at the time. I was using the infinite ammo of my flamethrower, had 5 other pap' guns on me when i made the mistake of thinking: 'wow, were doing great, were really going to get far'. That jinxing thought was immediately followed by the other three saying that they were out of ammo or on their last magazine of their last gun. E opened the door and did the tp dash for a few rounds before the eventual deaths.

Two days ago was the worst I've had in a long time.

First game was ok at first round 3 by jugs has a killer run on x2, I think I had like 3 in a row & max ammo.

Was turning the Gen on when I got double smacked, no QR game over... Rage on.

Second game was even worse double slap 0n round 2 game over.

Third time lucky.

Was a much better run than the first two combine, had a pap STG & Raygun four perks & the fire staff upgraded. Was going to make the Ice staff & upgrade, got distracted Freya incoming, I thought I'll grab the wind piece while it was quiet. The foot by gen 6 has the teleporter so I make a dash through the church just make it, switch to my STG, oh shit no bullets too late squish.

It gets better it killed the runner started the next round, 15 I think it was, they streaming in. I drop down the hole in church, instance red screen followed quickly by what probably would have been a double slap. Gameover.

No more Origins that day I can tell you.

Although the Tank has ran me over or I tried for the staff piece in the mound only to fall slowly off the side to my death.

Lessons have been learned.

Oh, another one I did in a 4 player match was this: I had the golden shovel & helmet. Thought I'd be a smart arse & stay in the foot print even when the robot came. Mistake, pinned down by the robot some how the zombies are still hitting me before I can move, down I go. Not enough points for jugs double slap here I come.

The game was then screwed as the others are trying to keep me alive resulting in eventual death of everyone when two panzers showed up.

Regards Alpha.

Decided to go for Little Lost Girl with randoms. It actually didn't go to badly at first. We got pretty far before all the shenanigans started. So we had a couple crawlers and we started the step where you unleash the multiple Panzers. The two squeakers in our group foolishly crossed paths with their Panzers and were downed instantly, our other guy made a decent go of it taking out a couple Panzers, but the explosion from the last one killed the crawlers....so the round started, wave 27. Needless to say the squeakers were down fast, both trying to get Jugg at the same time. The other guy got himself trapped in the tunnel next to Jugg avoiding Odins foot. So I was left with the remaining 6 Panzers and all the remaining zombies. I did very very well, took out 4 of the Panzers. Had myself 3 upgraded weapons and monkeys, ran routes around the excavation site, down the mud path into the trenches and back up.....then I got cocky. I decided to try and use Freyas foot to immobilize the remaining Panzers and take care of a horde. So I run to the footprint, turn around, put some rounds into the Panzers to weaken them, look up to shoot the foot....right as I pull the trigger, I get stepped on. Game over.