Less maps, more actual zombies!

Undead

So, lately most threads are about map ideas, new perk ideas, new wonder weapon ideas, etc. But how about the zombies themselves? We were introduced to several times of special zombies in the latest maps. Is there anymore special zombies you would like to see in future maps? How about regular zombies? Anything you would change or add about the zombies now?

Have at it!

For me personally, I'd like to see variety mixed up in the casual zombies horde. I know in maps like Ascension there were doctor zombies and Russian Zombies, or Shangri La had the monk type zombies, soldier zombies and female zombies, but they all fit a specific theme for the map. Which, originally, is great and fitting, but I'm actually starting to hope for a map that is set somewhere in the streets of some town, and have a mix between all kinds of zombies. Just like the typical zombies game or film, but set especially for CoD. I'm talking about having (first, and foremost) bringing back actual NAZI zombies into the mix, then mix up the horde with Marine Raider zombies, Red Army zombies, Imperial Zombies, Casual Zombies, special forces zombies (Cops, Firefighters, etc.) you name it! And like the Russian zombies in Ascension, they would all have a small special ability that are different from the rest; just like how the russian zombies would roll or juke bullets. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be good to see more variety in the normal zombies. Special zombies (astro, napalm, George) I don't give a crap about, do away with them for all I care, as long as there are means of getting Max Ammos on some sort of regular basis.

I'd still love to see more zombies maps per map pack, I'd rather have 2 simple but very playable maps rather than 1 featured-laden map, for example a FIVE and Ascension as opposed to one Shangri La.

Personally I love Flamey and Shriekey.

What I want to see is a kind of faster zombie (like infected on Dead Island) mixed in with the rest of the horde. They'd have to be distinguishable from the rest of them for factors aside from speed though.

They'd have higher/more desperate sounding voices (no idea how to describe it). They'd run with the same animation as Shriekey, so they'd look cool. They'd have less health than the average zombie and do less damage, like equal to the Hellhounds.

I'm not talking faster than the player though, just faster than the average zombie.

Maybe in life they died from the chemicals contained in Stamin-Up from drinking it too much, and when they died, it's effects carried on, affecting the body after Death. (hmmm, just got an idea for a thread)

This any good? Feedback? I don't know what I'm asking, do you like it?

What I want to see is a kind of faster zombie (like infected on Dead Island) mixed in with the rest of the horde. They'd have to be distinguishable from the rest of them for factors aside from speed though.

They'd have higher/more desperate sounding voices (no idea how to describe it). They'd run with the same animation as Shriekey, so they'd look cool. They'd have less health than the average zombie and do less damage, like equal to the Hellhounds.

I'm not talking faster than the player though, just faster than the average zombie.

Maybe in life they died from the chemicals contained in Stamin-Up from drinking it too much, and when they died, it's effects carried on, affecting the body after Death. (hmmm, just got an idea for a thread)

Continue my friend and prosper. [brains] Looking forward to a great theory.EDIT Brains added

I've been hoping for Juggernaut Zombies personally, I can only imagine how long it would take and how intimidating it would be to have a zombie stomping towards you completely decked out in bulletproof armor from head to toe.

Also, the idea of zombies being former subjects with some leftover side effects from perks would be cool. Good idea. :)

Continue my friend and prosper. [brains] Looking forward to a great theory.

Not to be a prick, (can I say that?) but you have to hit the little thumbs up in the corner of the post to give brains.

[tab][/tab]Different skins for zombies is always appreciated, as it adds flavor to the map and gives variety to the game. However I am not sure whether I want more special zombies or not. We have a good variety as is, and some of them are cool, and others are awful. Some are too easy, and others are a complete pain. However I suppose it does make the maps even more different. I welcome it, however I think the frequency with which they spawned in Shangri-la was too much. In the course of 3 rounds you would usually have 2 or 3 napalm zombies, and 1 or 2 shriekers. It was a little too much. The astro was alright, but he was way too glitchy. I actually think the boss round zombies were great. All three varieties, and George was actually not that bad. Shreikers had to be my least favorite. They run too fast, and have too much health. They make running trains in that map even more dangerous if you are as stubborn as I am, and are unwilling to start full map looping :lol: So I say, bring us more boss rounds! and less built in bosses!

The detail in the maps is great and all ,but i would take 2 maps over 1 any day.... i mean, to me shangri-la wasnt the greatest map (mainly to it being rushed) but if they didnt try to add so many features it would have had more time put into the layout and ultimately a better map. The worse thing about S-L is i had to wait another 3 months for moon to come out. btw detail doesnt make a map great... i had more fun on shi no numa, than shangri-la

Lol zombies soaked in perk a cola (perhaps from a bottling plant). Juggernaut zombie would be horrible to deal with. The PHD zombies would dive at you.

First post here but straight to the point . what about PHD zombies to be invurnurable bij explosions or splash damage because the perk makes you invurnurable bij explosions and the diving is something you already can without the perk. and make the zombies spawn at their own perk machine so if you want the perk you will have to deal with those kinds of zombies.

I really need to stop slacking and make this freaking thread. :D

I was thinking they'd just spawn normally, just the round they start to spawn in is different.

thats possible but i think that them spawning at their perk machine would make sense. if you want jug then you will have the problem with juggernaut zombies and if you want phd oyu will have exlosive resistant zombies so people will have to have a better strategie than get all the perks you want and go hoarding and have to think what the cost would be if you want that perk. but it could be hard to know what some perk zombies would do like deadshot mulekick and speed cola. maybe double tap zombies double tap you.

that will make hoarding a lot harde as all good hoarding spots are near perk machines phd in ascension and moon and mule kick in moon for example and you'll need some skill to hoard instead of evading zombies and schooting them when there are enough. maybe even make the perk zombies try and cut you of when they hav the chance

So, lately most threads are about map ideas, new perk ideas, new wonder weapon ideas, etc. But how about the zombies themselves? We were introduced to several times of special zombies in the latest maps. Is there anymore special zombies you would like to see in future maps? How about regular zombies? Anything you would change or add about the zombies now?

Have at it!

For me personally, I'd like to see variety mixed up in the casual zombies horde. I know in maps like Ascension there were doctor zombies and Russian Zombies, or Shangri La had the monk type zombies, soldier zombies and female zombies, but they all fit a specific theme for the map. Which, originally, is great and fitting, but I'm actually starting to hope for a map that is set somewhere in the streets of some town, and have a mix between all kinds of zombies. Just like the typical zombies game or film, but set especially for CoD. I'm talking about having (first, and foremost) bringing back actual NAZI zombies into the mix, then mix up the horde with Marine Raider zombies, Red Army zombies, Imperial Zombies, Casual Zombies, special forces zombies (Cops, Firefighters, etc.) you name it! And like the Russian zombies in Ascension, they would all have a small special ability that are different from the rest; just like how the russian zombies would roll or juke bullets. :)

doesnt make sense to have all of those zombies in one place though... thats why it makes so much sense to have them change from map to map depending on where its located. why would red army zombies be in the streets with marine raider zombies :?

doesnt make sense to have all of those zombies in one place though... thats why it makes so much sense to have them change from map to map depending on where its located. why would red army zombies be in the streets with marine raider zombies :?

It was merely the idea for the suggestion. Realistically, depending on the scenario, you wouldn't just have one type of zombie, I feel some maps slack some mix of casual zombies as well as soldier zombies.

I could see if we were talking about previous maps, but this is the new game we are talking about. For all we know this will be a map mixed in time, with chunks of everywhere and pieces of everything. Zombies from everywhere and guns from mars. In one room it looks like shangri-la, the next it looks like moon. The point is diversity. We want more than just a side step or a certain scream to tell the difference between two zombies.

• 2 years later...

That would be pretty epic. A nice change of pace as opposed to dog rounds. Every 5-7 rounds the Round Counter could just switch to a blood stain with a timer, and it's literally just endless zombies for that duration, with a max ammo awarded at the end as usual. Could even make it so an additional 15 seconds is added on every "Swarm" round and if no one takes any damage, a free perk or death machine is also awarded.