What do you Value in a Map?

Hi,

The purpose of this thread is to show Treyarch exactly what we as a community find important in a map. So i'd like to take a poll: what is a successful zombie map to you?

Is it:

Difficulty? (how hard or easy a map is)

Setting? (creepy feel or cool location)

Innovation? (new features)

Storyline? (easter eggs or contributions to storyline)

Size?

Answer 1 to 5, 1 being most important, 5 being least.

Here's me

Difficulty:3

Setting:2

Innovation:5

Storyline:1

Size:4

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficulty: Don't quite know how to answer this... with Black Ops came 2 maps, Kino, an easy map, and FIVE, which is widely considered to be a hard map. Maps of various difuclty level were then released. This is the best way to do it, something for everybody to enjoy.

Setting: 3 - I do enjoy some maps a little more than I probably would because of the setting, but playability is way more important.

Innovation: 2 - Some of these new features are cool, but I'd rather things be kept a bit simple and not go OTT. I'd prefer it if more time was spent on error and glitch testing rather than implementing new features.

Storyline: 3 - I've never delved too deep into the storyline, but I like do see the basics of the plot development.

Size: 1 - The size of the map isn't important for me, it's all about how many nice kiting areas are in one map.

I think you guys misunderstood his "scale".

Answer 1 to 5, 1 being most important, 5 being least.

Difficulty - I think Superhands made a very valid point and I think that would be the best way to go.

Setting - 2. I'm very big on the story line so the setting would be of importance to me. Also, I feel like the World At War maps are a lot creepier than the Black Ops maps and I kind of want that creepy feel in zombies (:

Innovation - 4. I'm open to a bit of change but I'd be worried that Treyarch would change too much. It's like with the perks, there's so many and i really only consider about four of them vital. But variation is good.. right?

Storyline - 1. I love the storyline and I can't wait to see what's next ;)

Size - 5. I really wouldn't care o:

Difficulty: 2 i like it to be difficult but not like shangri la tight spaces

Setting: 1 I just want nazi zombies to be nazi zombies again, keep it as creepy and interesting as possible

Innovation: 3 I think that each map should be different but you dont need a new wonder weapon or a new perk to change a map, work with the map itself!

Storyline: 4 One of the things that keeps nazi zombies nazi zombies for me is the storyline, most other people i know (not on this forum) don't even recognize it, i think that the gameplay value is 10x more important.

Size: 5 I dont care how big it is, i just need to be able to revive my teammates if they go down somewhere on the other side of the map, just to make it possible