Treyarchs next zombie experience

I've been playing and analyzing zombies recently, to prep for CoD 9, and I came up with tons of things they could do to change the mechanics for the better.

Start out with something other than the Colt.

More time based challenges.

More in depth easter eggs.

All the guns you can possibly fit.

Zombie exclusive weapons that aren't Wonder Weapons.

More "zombie" map packs.

Different game modes related to zombies.

zombie story mode.

Zombie multiplayer (like some form of deathmatch)

NEW CHARACTERS

Don't drop the current storyline.

More smaller maps

New special grenades

More powerups

The ability to have more then 4 perks

An attachment machine (Here's how this works. When you PaP a gun, you get an attachment, but when you use the machine, you either swap it out or keep it when you PaP)

More USEFUL perks, like STOPPING POWER

Some form of ranking system.

That's all I got, be sure to add what you think or some features you wanna see added.

Thanks,

Shapeshifter

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should keep the M1911 for the starting weapon.

Zombie exclusive weapons is a great idea and like you said no wonder weapons. I want better bullet shooting weapons for only zombies.

I think they should add buyable endings for like 100,000 points instead of killing yourself and it saying GAME OVER it should like b low up the map and say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED IN 50 ROUNDS. Thats just an example.

I think they should add a zombie counter from WaW custom maps and it could be turned on and off from the options menu

New Zombie Maps every month would be amazing but I prefer quality not quantity. So only if its possible

Keep the storyline. But I wouldnt mind different characters for different maps.

I think we need more weapons too. Epic ones off the wall and out of the box. A map with older weapons like from WaW would be awesome and even older maybe.

I've been playing and analyzing zombies recently, to prep for CoD 9, and I came up with tons of things they could do to change the mechanics for the better.

Nope. You'd have to either put it in the box or on the wall, which would make M&S way overpowered. Even if they put it in the box, it would basically give every map 2 power weapons. Sorry, definitely need to keep with the Colt.

I can agree with this. Excavators gave the game a sense of urgency, and that's a very good thing.

Already too in depth. Definitely not.

I like fighting over the good guns. Keep it the way it is.

Eh... yeah. Okay. I can dig that.

More "zombie" map packs.

I, for one, like multiplayer. I think they should adjust to 3 multiplayer maps and 2 zombie maps per pack, though.

Like... infected? Maybe.

zombie story mode.

Isn't that what Zombies already is? lol

Hell nah!

NEW CHARACTERS

Yes. We can all agree on this.

They can't go anywhere else with it. :lol:

More smaller maps

Noooooooo way. I want BIGGER maps.

New special grenades

Yep.

More powerups

Maybe.

Ehh... I dunno. I like the fact that they make you choose. I say keep it at 4. They're probably just about done with new perks anyways.

An attachment machine (Here's how this works. When you PaP a gun, you get an attachment, but when you use the machine, you either swap it out or keep it when you PaP)

Definitely. I'd love a Commando with a flamethrower. :twisted:

They already have this. It's called Pack a Punch.

Hell yes. And have Zombie prestiges, then prestige lobbies so you can only get in with really good players. :D

Thanks,

Shapeshifter

Yeah, depending on what map is.

Sounds good to me

I agree, there should be more in depth easter eggs

I don't know for sure.

We need more weapons that are not wonder weapons. Its just too much we have for now.

More "zombie" map packs.

YES, we need MORE zombie map packs. :D

No, i don't want that.

zombie story mode.

Sounds good and it would be cool.

Nah, i don't really need that.

NEW CHARACTERS

Yeah, we should have some new characters to add on the story to show more details about the story.

They won't drop the story, it would make no sense if they did.

More smaller maps

Hm, I don't like small maps. GIANT MAPS is fun.

New special grenades

I agree.....

More powerups

Maybe, i don't know what it will be.

Yes, we do need to have more than 4 perks.

That will be sweet, Drum Mag w/ Thompson :twisted:

Yes, I agree about stopping power. Perfectlemonade doesn't understand , Pap'

d guns can also become weaker in later rounds. And its NOT over powered idea.

Of Course I like that idea, I just want to see randoms skills if they are on level.

-Nathan169

Nice input TheOnlyShapeshifter..

Im a newbie here :-) and I would just like to ask what's the difference between using a regular weapon and a wonder weapon?

Well, if you have played zombies before (which I assume you have, because of your presence here) you know about guns like the thunder or wave guns. These are wonder weapons. Wonder weapons retain an ohk on one or a group of zombies for either a high ammount of rounds (like the ray gun or the scavenger) or infinity ( the thunder gun). A regular gun is your typical box or wall weapon, that become practically useless after a certain round is reached (even PaP'ed).

billy clubs for sale

Nice input TheOnlyShapeshifter..

Im a newbie here :-) and I would just like to ask what's the difference between using a regular weapon and a wonder weapon?

Well, a "Wonder Weapon" is a weapon that one would classify as "sci-fi" in nature, like a Lazer Gun (Ray Gun), or a Lightning Rifle (Wunderwaffe). Every map has at least one, but some have two or even three! The most included in any map would be Call Of The Dead, with FOUR different Wonder Weapons! (Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe, Scavenger, V-R11) Some Wonder Weapons are not guns, but special grenades like the Monkey Bombs, or the Gersch Device. (Some more are as follows: Matryoshka Dolls, QED) Wonder Weapons are not to be confused with Pack-A-Punched weapons, but one COULD classify them as a Wonder Weapon.

Also, I welcome you to site, and hope you make a nice touch to the content of the forum.

Thanks,

Shapeshifter

-MORE in depth easter eggs? No, how about easter eggs that dont require four people -.- I always thought the idea of HAVING to have four people to do them was stupid.

-Zombie storymode just doesnt fit, and zombie multipalyer...? Dafaq? There's normal multiplayer.

-Being able to have more than 4 perks at a time kind of defeats the purpose. Usually you have to strategize what 4 perks you have based on the types of players you play with and the map and everything, so other than special ways (such as easter eggs or perk monkeys) you shouldnt be able to have more than 4.

-There is stopping power, it's called the PAP machine.

There are a few good things on this list but some of them are just ridiculous.

Attachments and a ranking system is about the only parts I'm 100% for on that list. After playing the Realism mod, I enjoyed zombies so much more being able to unlock attachments for using a gun so often and also, actually gaining XP that is strictly for zombies. As a matter of fact, the whole prestige thing CoDz is currently working on developing with the medals system, I came up with the prestige medal icons that I think would be sweet to have in actual zombies too.

However, I digress.

I would love to see more guns. I too, am surprised that the AK47 never made it into zombies as well as several other guns. I think they should add all available weapons period, why they shy away from some available in multiplayer is beyond me.

The only way I can see this happening is with another handgun. Besides, there's guns in the spawn room anyway.

I would love to see this. If this would ever happen, maybe it could get you an achievement/trophy?

ALL THE WAY.

I like this, but hopefully all the guns they add are useful and can be used if necessary (except maybe the odd one or two)

I'm not sure sure if this would ever happen, but if it did, I wouldn't mind it.

More "zombie" map packs.

If this is the case, I hope it's previous maps too (maybe tweaked the very slightest to fit the mood of the game)

Not so sure about this one. Maybe something like infected?

Zombie story mode.

This would be awesome, especially for newcomers to understand the whole situation of the story.

This would be neat, but I don't think it would work.

NEW CHARACTERS

I don't think Treyarch would ever drop the storyline, it's so detailed I don't think they could make another one as great as the current one.

More smaller maps

YES. Way back when in Nacht, it was a total blast, especially with 4 players, and it was a great time. Smaller maps give me the fun aspect.

They do. It's called an easter egg. Maybe a solo easter egg for all perks (except QR obviously)?

I can't support this enough. Especially for higher rounds.

I like this, but if this was the case, I don't want it like Survival, where you have to rank up to unlock things. Maybe it could be based on leaderboard rankings? Or by acquiring achievements playing zombies? Just throwing out there.

GOMB.