ZOTD's BO2 Zombie Ideas

So I’ve had a few ideas for zombies lately, basically these are all the ideas I’ve come up with.

Mechanics

I think we all want dive to prone back, that’s a given

Better zombie AI so that they’ll OCCASIONALLY go off path. I understand some people like kiting, so that’s why I say not always, but sometime so it’s not so easy.

Maps

Underwater base would be cool, if it can be implemented correctly

Pyramids would be REALLY cool. Mummy zombies FTW.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve always wanted a zombie city street setting, kinda like Chicago, or New York, just a really big city area.

Also, lets go back to a WWII setting, shall we? More backstory maps dealing with areas of the story not yet covered, like how the zombies were actually discovered and such. Perhaps a zombie map focusing on Takeo’s story as well, considering we don’t really know how he got captured. Plus, I love Shi no Numa’s atmosphere. It just needs to be another part of Shi no numa.

One thing I totally want out of at least one map is where it rains or snows. I mean seriously, it would just look so cool, and really set the mood.

Split rooms would be cool, again. Would be interesting if all 4 would have to find each other. The power shouldn’t link them that much. In fact, how about 4 power switches, one for each individual?

Weapons

Given that I mentioned WWII maps, those maps should feature ONLY WWII guns, along with whatever wonder weapon is given.

As for the non WWII era, just put in any weapon from the next game on to it.

Please, AK-47 is all I ask, and some HMGs

New feature- Melee weapons:

I’ve said this time and time again: freakin melee weapons, treyarch. Not the bowie knife, something more powerful. To balance its power out, it would probably have to take up a normal weapon slot, and would eventually have to be repaired or something.

Weaker ones could be found in the box, while stronger ones could only be found on the walls for 5000+ points, given that they last for awhile and give a lot of points (same amount as a knife kill).

Wonder weapons

Bring back the flamethrower. Give the ray gun its power back, but give it more splash damage like WaW. Seemed more effective there, at least IMO.

Other wonder weapons: I expect at least 1 map with the Wunderwaffe, but other than that I think I’ll let treyarch do their magic.

Characters

I think Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Sam are a given. But god, give Samantha a female model at some point, if she’s Richtofen forever it’ll just be creepy.

Also, maybe we could get a bigger backstory on them, maybe a few paragraphs about them like in WaW for the menu, but more expansive, as well as quotes, radios, etc telling us about them (some things have to be found out about them).

Just an idea, but maybe have the descendants of the characters in a map at some point (Nikolai has at least one kid, same with Dempsey, and possibly Takeo? Just an Idea).

For WWII maps… I’ve got no idea. I’d like to see another American, German, Russian, Japanese, or even a british character.

Story

Not much to add here, other than stuff I’ve already mentioned above.

I’d personally like more small EEs in maps, like how WaW has it, so we don’t find everything within a day. Not to say don’t put the big ones in, go right ahead with that.

I’d like videos at the start for at least a few maps. Doesn’t have to be all, just some. I won’t be too sad if this isn’t included, though.

Perk System

I have no ideas on perks, but if we add more, raise the cap by 1 or 2 please

The oh so great pro perk system should also be added. It could really make some otherwise useless perks worth getting.

Zombies

I think dogs should spawn with the zombies again, that’s always a fun challenge. TBH, the dog rounds, etc are kind of way too easy, so I suggest getting rid of those unless it can be made a little tougher.

I’m one of the people who thought George, the Napalm zombie, and the astronaut weren’t so bad. They aren’t. Actually, I think the astronaut perfected the boss styled zombie. Combined George, the napalm zombie, and monkeys all in one basically.

I also didn’t mind Nova Crawlers. Didn’t understand why those were considered bad.

Last bit: Make the zombie skins more like the Der Riese or Shi No Numa ones. I don’t know why, but they just looked perfect, not too disfigured or decayed. That is, unless it makes sense like CotD or Moon.

Music

Elena & Kevin, with the occasional A7X sounds good to me.

If the map is supposed to be creepy, make the background music quieter, or eerie

Entirely New Features

Controllable transportation. I’m saying like cars or motor cycles that could only be used for a short amount of time, but are great for quick get aways.

Host migration. We all want it, I know that.

Zombie levels (NO PRESTIGES). So basically, zombie levels are pointless except to show how great you are, correct? Well, what about including story elements into the rewards, sorta how Assassin’s Creed does it. Nothing too big, but it could give us some background info on characters, members of 935, etc.

As for why I say no prestiges, well then it just becomes an annoyance if you like playing MP too. Instead, maybe prestige metals for how far you’ve gone, or what easter eggs you’ve completed, etc.

Finally, zombie player cards. Basic stats, and everything.

Misc

3rd person models should be custom! I mean, the COTD crew got custom ones, why not the original crew?

No elite to buy. Please, I want it early, but don’t want to get elite for it.

Dead Ops 2. Nuff said.

Tiny info in terminal. Not needed if some story is unlocked in leveling.

NO. FREAKING. CAMPAIGN. That, or game enders. Either of those = bad.

So, did it rock, or did it suck?

I seriously hope Treyarch Considers some of these.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you were saying about the prestige metals...Make it emblems...like multiplayer unlock emblems for zombies like doing things like "Get 2 headshots with one bullet" and it would have some type of cool emblem or whatever. Also, i think there should be a counter that adds up all your total revives, kills, downs, etc., and be able to look at other peoples stats...Like combat record for zombies. Have favorite weapon, how many kills with each gun, and some different things specially for zombies. If you like those ideas you should add them to your topic ;)

BTW, this is my first ever post on the CoDz Forum! :D

Like you were saying about the prestige metals...Make it emblems...like multiplayer unlock emblems for zombies like doing things like "Get 2 headshots with one bullet" and it would have some type of cool emblem or whatever. Also, i think there should be a counter that adds up all your total revives, kills, downs, etc., and be able to look at other peoples stats...Like combat record for zombies. Have favorite weapon, how many kills with each gun, and some different things specially for zombies. If you like those ideas you should add them to your topic ;)

BTW, this is my first ever post on the CoDz Forum! :D

Welcome to the forum, my friend :D

I agree completely on the stats, that would be added to playercard for sure.

Same with multiplayer emblems, unlocked exclusively from playing zombies! Brilliant idea, dude.

Dude I would KILL for a Chicago Map! I live in Chicago and to see Navy Pier, Soldier Field, Wacker Drive, Or Millenium Park would be AMAZING! I always though mortars in destroyed buildings that could be accessed, maybe some elevators and a zipline from each destroyed building! [brains]

haha I am from chicago as well, nothing great about this city.. just kidding.

Good list ZOTD. I like zombies AI.

I was thinking some buildings blown open in certain rooms, but you have to clear debris to get in. Or you spawn in the Sears Tower Lobby. Rain would be great, maybe some wind as a joke (Windy City) and pay to use a mortar perched on a second story room blown open by a war. In New York, maybe you spawn in Grand Central Terminal and go into central park or some city streets. I think those maps would be great. Maybe New York is during the winter and Christmas stuff is all over for December DLC idk.

You have most great ideas about upcoming black ops 2 zombies. I like it.

GIANT map like New York City or Chicago with ziplines and elevators. Raining and cloudy outside sounds Great to me. I would have zombigasm if it came true...

But I know it will not happen. Still great ideas for the next game.

:)

-Nathan169

You have most great ideas about upcoming black ops 2 zombies. I like it.

GIANT map like New York City or Chicago with ziplines and elevators. Raining and cloudy outside sounds Great to me. I would have zombigasm if it came true...

But I know it will not happen. Still great ideas for the next game.

:)

-Nathan169

Have a little faith, man. I'm not expecting us to get to the top of the skyscrapers, but hey, a city street is all we need. ;)

Come to think about it, if they made the area big enough, some cars might be temporarily usable. That'd be BA.

I agree with all of it, nice job! Chicago sounds like an awesome map. Also, we've seen by MW3 that Titles/Emblems can be earned by playing in other game modes like Special Ops, so I bet we could earn some in zombies.

I was actually born in Chicago, I go back quite often with my family to see friends.

• 3 months later...

THESE ARE AMAZING IDEAS, BUT THIS THREAD BELONGS IN THE ZOMBIES SECTION (I wish I could move it) GAH

/rant

Maybe you can. ;) Seriously though, thank you for the report. Helps a lot. Moved the thread. By the way, isn't the next map seeming to be an urban setting based on the brief footage we saw of it in creation? I hope it is quite sprawling though, with several enterable, even multistory, buildings, and perhaps a park or long street area. Something that seems less conveniently constructed for a zombie apocalypse.

Yeah, looks like you'll be getting your wish of an urban map with "The Map". Hope it lives up to your expectations! ;)

As for the level system, maybe prestiges would be a bad idea, but if that's the case, then they need to make the emblems more interesting. Spec Ops in MW3 only went up to level 50 with no prestiges, and I just hate having the little gray 4 star emblem next to it. For reaching max level in zombies, you need to have something a little cooler looking.

Also, multiplayer unlocks earned from zombies would be an excellent feature. My big idea was camos. Complete challenges in zombies mode, and some will be tough enough to earn you camos for your multiplayer guns, like a Pack-a-Punch camo, chrome camo (like WaW PaP), and maybe a bloodstained camo?