TREYARCH Please Don't Do What Sledgehammer Games Did To MW3!

LILNIG

You Cant Climb, "Cant Fly, Cant Fight, Cant Crow"- Rufio says this in the 1991 film Hook

I reference to that because its just the only way I could express my hate for not being able to climb ANYTHING significant in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Dont get me wrong I LOVE CALL OF DUTY, I started playing ONLINE call of duty since Modern warfare 1 and the rest is history..

MW1,WAW(

Now to the travesty of MW3

In every single Call of Duty game except MW3 you can climb things and when you do climb things they usually lead to a vantage point a good camping ground or gotcha moment. Unfortunately that was completely sucked out of this game, AND HOPEFULLY NOT THE FRANCHISE OF CALL OF DUTY SO TREYARCH PLEASE DONT REPLICATE THIS ERROR. I can go on all day about how bad MW3 is and how its nothing like its lovable counterparts mw1,mw2, I had such high hopes for mw3 too.....

But Modern Warfare Mistak3 Sucks! Usually when a new COD game comes out I drop the last one completely and most likely will never pick up and play the counterpart ever again since im so intrigued by the new addition. Unfortunately after two months which is way two long to sink your effort in to try and love this game I actually for once reached my hand in the past and started to play Black Ops again, thats how disgusted i am of MW3.

Maps are garbage, maybe and only just maybe 3 are almost like the lovable cod map

The rest theres nothing significant about them when i play them i feel like im playing that football arcade game where the football players are magnetized to the ground lol its just like a maze and no layers or levels to jump onto or go under or anything. Its just like playing cod zombies which i love everything about zombies but when the rules of physics of zombie play is applied to regular multiplayer and now you cant climb just run its retarded. And anything you can climb or jump onto is insignificant and has no reason for you to be able to climb. Half of the ladders dont work but whats it matter most lead nowhere and are insignificant to climb like I said. It completely lacks the uniqueness all COD maps have.

PLEASE TREYARCH DONT SH!T ON THE SERIES LIKE SLEDGEHAMMER DID!!!!

TREYARCH make everything climbable like on world at war!!! Dont limit CLIMBING ABILITY! BRING EXPLODING BODY PARTS BACK also!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you compare every map thats on MW3 and all the DLC to MW2 and MW1 and even treyachs games you can clearly see the difference. Mw3 barely has anything climbable, compared to the other cod games everything is BARLEY NOT climbable, you see what im saying.

One of the many problems i have with MW3 is like yours, theres no high spots. On black ops you could go up the rocket launching stair thing on launch, you could climb up the tower on silo and go on that big rock on jungle. There is no high spots in MW3 like these (none that i know of) probably because of killstreaks like the ah-6 overwatch and other ones like that, however i think it takes the fun out of the maps sometimes. Treyarch, please bring back high spots even if it means ditching the ah-6 overwatch killstreak :lol:

WAIT WAIT WAIT, we're talking about climbing when there's so much more wrong with the game, how about:

-Cod ELITE

-Horrible online community

-Messed up perks

-Those goddam sniper rifles

-The worst maps I've ever seen

-The 2nd least caring customer support

-The ridiculously unbalanced weapons

That was just to name a few, but it never actually dawned on me about the height factor until now.

I'm sorry, but WHY DOES EVERYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT MP?!

I see this every year, primarily stupid reasons. Not being able to climb... well actually, that kind of is stupid on the game's part, but perks, weapon, stuff like that is nothing to complain about. I literally see that same old crap every single year, and it is just a BS excuse.

Maps.. okay, that's personal opinion. I didn't think many of them as great, they all seemed too similar to each other, but I wouldn't say they're the worst either. Snipers... at least you can kill with them (looks at BO's snipers). Community... agreed. Nothing to help that, though.

Don't get me wrong, I am not praising MW3, I have really no desire to play it, but it is not that bad.

Okay, let's get this straight. When I first played MW2 I was in a wonderland. Nothing to complain about, it was the perfect game. Same with fable 2, I waited 9 years for that one, had some good times with both with my group, the fraggots. Fable 3 came out and it was shitty as hell, seeming like a demo of the previous games, some possible foreshadowing of what was to come. I never really paid much attention to B.O. Because I was caught in the shitstorm that is halo reach. Then comes Codern Shitfare Pee which splits the gaming community in half with a proverbial fire axe. I had nowhere left to turn so I went to a store to pick up a new, hopefully good game. Then I saw it, a hardened edition of black ops sitting on the shelf with a heavenly glow around it. Long story short after that I ended up here. So if you think people just complain with no bases All the time you might be right, actually in 99% of the cases you are. No offense man, it's just this latest game was a heavy blow to CoD.

Oh yeah,

@lingling

I couldn't really think of another diss for it lol. I have seen gameplay of Mw and it looks great, also mw2 WAS the perfect game.

Its the worst Call of Duty game out of the whole Call of Duty franchise..

If you had to rate them that would be the worst...

And not being able to climb is the main reason why it sucks, the maps are terrible as you said.

And you said complaining about perks and weapons is stupid reasons to complain about??

Im not complaining about those things but if people do its for a good reasons if those things suck the multiplayer would suck, could you not agree? If theres terrible weapons or terrible perks or terrible maps that would suck to some people..

Mw3 is terrible and thats the first call of duty game ive ever said was terrible and ive been playing cod since it was released on the new systems and played online since MW1..

I by no means want it to be terrible but it is....

btw Alter: Thank You I could compare it to a multitude of terrible third movies but GF Part III takes the cake.

Its the worst Call of Duty game out of the whole Call of Duty franchise..

If you had to rate them that would be the worst...

And not being able to climb is the main reason why it sucks, the maps are terrible as you said.

And you said complaining about perks and weapons is stupid reasons to complain about??

Im not complaining about those things but if people do its for a good reasons if those things suck the multiplayer would suck, could you not agree? If theres terrible weapons or terrible perks or terrible maps that would suck to some people..

Mw3 is terrible and thats the first call of duty game ive ever said was terrible and ive been playing cod since it was released on the new systems and played online since MW1..

I by no means want it to be terrible but it is....

btw Alter: Thank You I could compare it to a multitude of terrible third movies but that GF Part III takes the cake.

People complain about perks and weapons, which they shouldn't because it honestly doesn't hurt the game all that much. People have literally complained about stupid crap like that since the start of CoD. It really has nothing to do with guns sucking.

Like I said, not the best CoD ever, but I seriously don't think it is the worst. I've had moderate fun on it. Not as much as WaW, CoD4, or BO, but moderate.

You guys seem to like MW2 a bit too much... I could really never get into that one. It was just insanity, so much that I had a literal hard time having fun with it. Not to mention OP things were about 10x worse (though I never particularly complained about that).

Guns affect the feel of the game more than what you would think. If you have a gun with lots of style oozing out of it then the game has a good feel to it. After all it takes up 1/4 of the screen! Let's compare the WA2000 to the RSASS. Wa has a quieter sound making the gun seem more tactical and stealthy. RSASS has a pretty much bottomless clip and makes a loud bang making it seem like any ordinary gun. The sleek look of the WA2000 makes it look smooth and flowing. The rats ass on the other hand looks clunky and hard to carry making it seem disposable, like teammates are on a ctf on Rust. Bottom line mw2 had a strange brand of magic and style that no game has of yet been able to replicate.

Guns affect the feel of the game more than what you would think. If you have a gun with lots of style oozing out of it then the game has a good feel to it. After all it takes up 1/4 of the screen! Let's compare the WA2000 to the RSASS. Wa has a quieter sound making the gun seem more tactical and stealthy. RSASS has a pretty much bottomless clip and makes a loud bang making it seem like any ordinary gun. The sleek look of the WA2000 makes it look smooth and flowing. The rats ass on the other hand looks clunky and hard to carry making it seem disposable, like teammates are on a ctf on Rust. Bottom line mw2 had a strange brand of magic and style that no game has of yet been able to replicate.

Eh... we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Besides, most people complain about the balance of guns and such, not style. Seems a little different...

I'll agree with that, mainly cos i do the same thing and the same thing happened to me. Actually I loved zombies so much that when I became an Xbox Live player I did two things I said I wouldn't- Bought back Black Ops (Which I had for PS3 and didn't see the point, but was persuaded by my friends) and all the zombie maps for it (Which I definately didn't think I'd do).

I don't think it's because Blops was a better game, because it was shit bar zombies plus the single player campaign of MW3 is amazing and I do like the online, I just think it's because they tried to make it fair.

Think about it! MW2 wasn't fair, neither (really) was WAW and CoD4, yet we would all say that they are arguably the best (Ok, maybe not WAW but it was fun). The Blops tried to make things 'fair and even' and many people thought it was shit. Same with MW3- Though it's not as fair as Blops it still tries to be. And frankly, I got pretty bored swiftly after completing the MW3 campaign, not because everything else sucked, just because it had become too fair.

Basically, I am trying to say that since CoD has tried to be fair their games have slipped slightly in the fun we expect (with the exception of zombies and MW3's campaign), and maybe Treyarch should be less worried about the non-camper being killed by some guy's nuke and worry more about the guy that get's the nuke, and it being their moment.

• 2 weeks later...