WUNDERWAFFE VS THUNDERGUN

Your discussion style with writing into the quotes is not really good for overview and so, cause within a quote I expect a quote (something I've already read), and not some new information. So I just had a hard time to follow the thread.

The Thundergun is good. But it doesen't always kill, and it has LESS Ammo then the Wunderwaffle actually (14 vs 18/28 vs 36) The Wunderwaffle will last you longer, and in the end, Kill more Zombies

The Waffle will always kill. no matter what. It will save your life and your teammates, 2 shots will clear out a entire room 100% of the time with a accurate shot. and people don't misspell it. The Wunderwaffle is just a very popular nickname, everyone knows (except some newer players) that's it

's spelled Wunderwaffe.

and lastly the Wunderwaffle has the beauty factor, that gun is just so fucking beautiful. that weapon is gorgeous, and the ultimate Classic factor of it, it's as classic as the Granddaddy of all the Wonder Weapons, the Ray Gun.

Wunderwaffle hands down, it's just fricken badassery.

Hey look, I really understand that you love the Wunder cause of the style, the look, that it is classic and everything. But that doesn't make it to the better gun!!!!!

Yeah, the Wunder has some advantages, like shooting into distance or that it's effect is all around, going around corners and everything. But why should I be interested in zombies in the distance, they do not danger me. Why do I need to shoot around corners, I just run a circle and those zombies behind the corner will land in my train, where their fate doesn't look good too. Tankeo already said that and got some brains for it from me.

In the end, what matters in a professional style of play is just that the Thunder can kill more zombies than the Wunderwaffe (Black Ops), and that is all what counts. It is like scientific proven, that the T-Gun is better for your game. Now of course, you don't like what is best, you like what also looks good and so on. Therefore this is no offense or something - anyone can like what he wants. For me, all what counts is:

672 = Zeus Cannon

360 = Wunderwaffe DG-3

336 = Thundergun

180 = Wunderwaffe DG-2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Black ops WunderWaffe over the Thundergun, because it has a better range, more accuracy, and won't "treyarch" you (fire blank shots), but I like the thundergun over the WaW WunderWaffe, as the WaW wunderwaffe will take away your Juggernog if you shoot it at point blank.

Let me correct a couple of errors here.

1. The Thundergun can kill with every shot, just like the Wunderwaffe DG-2 can. The Thundergun also has a secondary effect. It has two radii. If you miss the Zombie from within the first radius, it will be affected by the second radius it is within shot of it. The first radius blows him away and kills him. The second radius gives him a small damage of 15, and he gets back up. Basically, if you miss with the Wunderwaffe DG-2, nothing happens. If you miss with the Thundergun, you might get to still damage the Zombie.

2. The Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ has a great accuracy. You don't even have to hit the Zombie for it to be electricuted. So its accuracy issues are mitigated when it is upgraded.

3. The Thundergun kills best up close. The Wunderwaffe DG-2 kills best at medium range.

Btw, yay my numbers were used :P

Anyway, yes, the Thundergun kills more Zombies. It is better. However, having a favorite gun is completely understandable. Especially since certain maps only have certain Wonder Weapons. You can just play the map that has your favorite weapon, so it'll be the case that the best weapon in that map is your favorite. An example for myself with non-Wonder Weapons, my favorite fun gun to get is the G115 Generator because it has the fastest rate of fire in the game. It's crap to the other weapons, but it is fun to use and profitable, so I get it as a point weapon when I'm running a circle when I can. Of course, however, I'll always choose a Wonder Weapon over it.

FYI, 15 damage is practically nothing, a Kar 98k does 100 damage, so it basically just stuns the zombie in the second radius. Just wanted to point it out. And with the WunderWaffe, the ground is a conductor of electricity, so if you shoot at the ground, it will arc to the nearest zombie in range, making it much harder to miss.

Honestly, I think this is in the wrong forum.

But everything you say is true and well-reasoned, but you can go beyond just the Thundergun and Wunderwaffe DG-2. A bit of information below:

With the Thundergun, it is only useful at short ranges, but that is just a prerequisite to killing with it. Just as if if the rule was "Press A before you fire", the Thundergun has a rule "Be close when you fire". All I'm saying with that is that the Thundergun has a POTENTIAL ability to kill 336 Zombies.

The Scavenger isn't counted like the majority of the Wonder Weapons, since it has a damage cap, like the Ray Gun. It's just really high. The Ray Gun does 270,000 Total Maximum Damage un-upgraded while the Scavenger does 108,880, but this number is misleading since they are explosive weapons. Multiply the number by however many Zombies you hit, which will be a lot more for the Scavenger. Also, the Scavenger does do infinite damage until Round 35.

Some more Fixed Killing Capacities:

1152 = The Fractalizer

796 = Max Wave Gun / Porter's Zap Guns

720 = 31-79 JGb215

672 = Zeus Cannon

416 = Wave Gun / Zap Guns

360 = Wunderwaffe DG-3

336 = Thundergun

180 = Wunderwaffe DG-2

24 = V-R11 Lazarus

12 = V-R11

your number for the lazarus is extremely under-rated. If every shot is used properly, it can kill a full spawn plus extra (depending on spawn rate) giving it massive destructive potential.

I have had the most shot fails with the Shrink ray (where you fire and nothing happens due to a microscopic miss, or just a glitch), so it is near the bottom of my preferred weapons despite its killing potential.

The Thundergun is probably the «best» wonder weapon because it can always clear a path forward and you will never be in real danger if you have it out. In terms of destructive power, I believe the max wave gun/porter`s zap guns deserve the top spot. While they cannot kill as effectively as the thunder gun/zeus cannon, it is nearly as effective and due to other circumstances its ammo can be refilled easier at very high rounds, giving it higher killing potential the higher rounds you go. The only other gun to have this luxury is the shrink ray, but because if its shrink fail I have experienced many times, I save it from the top spot.

In terms of the wunderwaffe dg2/3, it is an awesome weapon in terms of aesthetics, but it has the weakest killing and «saving your ass» potential of any of the wunderweapons, save the VR-11. It is a fan favorite for many reason, but its destructive power is lacking compared to its contemporaries.

I'm not one of the people that think the V-R11 is crap. I think it is a very good weapon. That is just my list of the Total Killing Capacity. The V-R11 has many side-benefits that makes it a better weapon. Honestly, it is more a tool than a weapon. You can use it to indirectly kill Zombies through its numerous other effects, so I know the low number is underrating.

The 31-79 JGb215 shoots linear. I don't mean to offend, but just try aiming better. Practice makes perfect. It is possible to get all 24 Zombies killed in one shot without missing often.

Personally, I believe the Wave Gun is the best gun, even though it falls right below the 31-79 JGb215. The reason for that I say is because it has benefits the 31-79 JGb215 does not: it has two forms which gives another way to switch when you dont have time to reload, the Zap Gun form has a lot of ammunition that kills individual Zombies so you don't have to group them up and risk wasting a few kills, the Zap Guns are dual wield, it is easIER to aim, and you can pull out the Zap Guns when you are down.

My ranking:

Zap Gun Dual Wield

31-79 JGb215

Thundergun

Wunderwaffe DG-2

V-R11

Scavenger

Winter's Howl

Ray Gun

But hey, fourth place for the Wunderwaffe DG-2? That's not half bad.

I still fail to understand why there has ever even been a Thundergun vs Wunderwaffe argument.

Thundergun wins at saving your ass in a tough situation.

Thundergun wins at higher potential amount of kills.

Thundergun wins at not damaging you.

Thundergun wins at not even having to aim.

Wunderwaffe wins at range, but when you're gathering trains nice and tight so you can take out groups with a wonderweapon, who needs range?

Don't get me wrong, the Wunderwaffe is an awesome weapon and I'd take it over most box weapons, but it's low on the list in the greatest wonder weapons for me. I'm pretty sure most people that like it only really like it for novelty/nostalgic value.

But we're talking about Black Ops, so the Wunderwaffe DG-3 AKA the Thundergun, has more killing power than the Wunderwaffe-Dg3-JZ.

I don't think the thundergun is the DG-3 since it wasn't made by the germans :P:)

But I totally perfer the WunderWAFFE (sorry REALLY hate it when people call it a waffle, I think that is a disgrace to such a awesome gun, but it's just my opnion :) ) I just perfer it, and if you buy PhD it does no splash damage, and can also get zombies around corners when you are in a sticky situation :)

Regards Yellow-card8

I think Treyarch are trying to make more balanced weapons not just 1 shot kills a whole wave.

I just want to put this out there and say I don't really like the wunderwaffe because it has a more practical use and the thunder has a more effective use. I want the weapons to be good at getting you our of corner rape and still good for picking off that annoying lone zombie.

Wave gun or Scavenger any day.

But we're talking about Black Ops, so the Wunderwaffe DG-3 AKA the Thundergun, has more killing power than the Wunderwaffe-Dg3-JZ.

I don't think the thundergun is the DG-3 since it wasn't made by the germans :P:)

But I totally perfer the WunderWAFFE (sorry REALLY hate it when people call it a waffle, I think that is a disgrace to such a awesome gun, but it's just my opnion :) ) I just perfer it, and if you buy PhD it does no splash damage, and can also get zombies around corners when you are in a sticky situation :)

Regards Yellow-card8

Everyone calls it the Wunderwaffle because it's just a nickname. Everyone perfers calling it that over the actual German pronounceiation.

Through I feel the same way when people call the Shrink Ray the Baby Gun (It annoys me so much, but just my opinion like yours)

I was just being sarcastic. In fact, I copied and pasted the sentence with minimal changes just poking fun at the fact that she was annoyed at people calling it something when she herself wasn't saying it right.

It doesn't really matter to me what others call it. But yes, actually, I do it call it the right thing in game.

"Hey guys, I just got the three-one-dash-seven-nine-jay-gee-bee-two-one-five."