WUNDERWAFFE VS THUNDERGUN

I"ve seen before that many people discuss about which is better and I have used both weapons.

Wunderwaffe DG-2: It has infinite damage, can kill up to 10 zombies with on shot and has 3 shots per magazine and 15 extra shots.

Thundergun: Like the Wunderwaffe it has infinite damage but it can kill up to 24 zombies with one shot(that is the maximum of zombies that appear at the same time) and has 2 shots per magazine and 12 extra shots.

The Wunderwaffe can kill up to 180 zombies if you don't waste any shots but the Thundergun can kill up to 336 zombies wich is a a lot more kills than the Wunderwaffe DG-2.

I must mention that when you upgrade the Thundergun it get 4 shots per magazine and 24 extras shots givin the Thundergun double the shots and the Wunderwaffe also gets double the shots meaning it has 6 shots per magazine and 30 extra shots, but the Wunderwaffe upgraded only kills 10 zombies per shot, unlike the World at War version in which it kills up to 24 zombies givin it the same killin potencial as the Thunder gun.

If I missed something just post it and also post wich weapon you think it's better :mrgreen:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think this is in the wrong forum.

But everything you say is true and well-reasoned, but you can go beyond just the Thundergun and Wunderwaffe DG-2. A bit of information below:

With the Thundergun, it is only useful at short ranges, but that is just a prerequisite to killing with it. Just as if if the rule was "Press A before you fire", the Thundergun has a rule "Be close when you fire". All I'm saying with that is that the Thundergun has a POTENTIAL ability to kill 336 Zombies.

The Scavenger isn't counted like the majority of the Wonder Weapons, since it has a damage cap, like the Ray Gun. It's just really high. The Ray Gun does 270,000 Total Maximum Damage un-upgraded while the Scavenger does 108,880, but this number is misleading since they are explosive weapons. Multiply the number by however many Zombies you hit, which will be a lot more for the Scavenger. Also, the Scavenger does do infinite damage until Round 35.

Some more Fixed Killing Capacities:

1152 = The Fractalizer

796 = Max Wave Gun / Porter's Zap Guns

720 = 31-79 JGb215

672 = Zeus Cannon

416 = Wave Gun / Zap Guns

360 = Wunderwaffe DG-3

336 = Thundergun

180 = Wunderwaffe DG-2

24 = V-R11 Lazarus

12 = V-R11

T-Gun FTW!

Wunder kills slow, kills only 10, half as much kill capacity as the other guns, no defensive life safer abilities, hurts yourself, and 95% can't spell its name right. It's crap all over the place.

But I understand if someone likes it cause it has style, is a classic, tradition and so on.

There are a handful of factors at play here. I will go through the things I have experienced.

I think each of these power weapons has its uses for different play styles. if the player is Kiting and allowing the zombies to chase them around the map then the Thundergun is by far the more advantageous gun due to the fact that it immediately removes a large group of zombies directly in front of you and knocks them away so that you have less chance of getting trapped.

Many times when you try kiting with the Wunderwaffe DG-2 you can get trapped while trying to zap any zombies that may come in front of you.

Now however I have noticed something about the Thundergun when you are camping with a group. Especially in the later rounds you will notice that some of the zombies you shoot with the thundergun will fly back, but then get back up. So in a sense sometimes the Thundergun is not as effective at truly killing zombies in higher rounds. The Wonderwaffe DG-2 on the other hand will kill every zombie it zaps 100% of the time. So in turn the Wonderwaffe has a higher percentage of killing with each hit over the Thundergun. So the Thundergun may have more ammo but I find in the later rounds in a camping style you have to shoot more than once to kill close to half the zombies.

In terms of the "coolness" factor the Thundergun is pretty dang sweet watching zombies go flying back, but to be honest there is something really cool about seeing a daisy chain of electricity zapping through a row of zombies and seeing their heads explode! That too me is at the top pure awesome.

So I personally think:

Kiting style play: Thundergun is most effective at keeping from getting trapped.

Camping style play: They are fairly close in effectiveness. Thundergun has more ammo but not always a kill in later rounds, but Wunderwaffe kills 100% of the time with each accurate hit. Both essentially are tied.

The look and Feel of the Gun "Coolness factor": I personally think the Wunderwaffe wins it hands down for me.

So as you can see they each have pros and cons when I look at them. If I had to choose based on personal preference I can't deny my hidden love for the Wunderwaffe. Something about watching a row of zombies fry. :)

There are a handful of factors at play here. I will go through the things I have experienced.

I think each of these power weapons has its uses for different play styles. if the player is Kiting and allowing the zombies to chase them around the map then the Thundergun is by far the more advantageous gun due to the fact that it immediately removes a large group of zombies directly in front of you and knocks them away so that you have less chance of getting trapped.

Many times when you try kiting with the Wunderwaffe DG-2 you can get trapped while trying to zap any zombies that may come in front of you.

Now however I have noticed something about the Thundergun when you are camping with a group. Especially in the later rounds you will notice that some of the zombies you shoot with the thundergun will fly back, but then get back up. So in a sense sometimes the Thundergun is not as effective at truly killing zombies in higher rounds. The Wonderwaffe DG-2 on the other hand will kill every zombie it zaps 100% of the time. So in turn the Wonderwaffe has a higher percentage of killing with each hit over the Thundergun. So the Thundergun may have more ammo but I find in the later rounds in a camping style you have to shoot more than once to kill close to half the zombies.

In terms of the "coolness" factor the Thundergun is pretty dang sweet watching zombies go flying back, but to be honest there is something really cool about seeing a daisy chain of electricity zapping through a row of zombies and seeing their heads explode! That too me is at the top pure awesome.

So I personally think:

Kiting style play: Thundergun is most effective at keeping from getting trapped.

Camping style play: They are fairly close in effectiveness. Thundergun has more ammo but not always a kill in later rounds, but Wunderwaffe kills 100% of the time with each accurate hit. Both essentially are tied.

The look and Feel of the Gun "Coolness factor": I personally think the Wunderwaffe wins it hands down for me.

So as you can see they each have pros and cons when I look at them. If I had to choose based on personal preference I can't deny my hidden love for the Wunderwaffe. Something about watching a row of zombies fry. :)

^This

T-Gun FTW!

Wunder kills slow, kills only 10, half as much kill capacity as the other guns, no defensive life safer abilities, hurts yourself, and 95% can't spell its name right. It's crap all over the place.

But I understand if someone likes it cause it has style, is a classic, tradition and so on

The Thundergun is good. But it doesen't always kill, and it has LESS Ammo then the Wunderwaffle actually (14 vs 18/28 vs 36) The Wunderwaffle will last you longer, and in the end, Kill more Zombies

The Waffle will always kill. no matter what. It will save your life and your teammates, 2 shots will clear out a entire room 100% of the time with a accurate shot. and people don't misspell it. The Wunderwaffle is just a very popular nickname, everyone knows (except some newer players) that's it

's spelled Wunderwaffe.

and lastly the Wunderwaffle has the beauty factor, that gun is just so fucking beautiful. that weapon is gorgeous, and the ultimate Classic factor of it, it's as classic as the Granddaddy of all the Wonder Weapons, the Ray Gun.

Wunderwaffle hands down, it's just fricken badassery.

Don't you say badasssery and not be talking about the wunderwaffe DG-3!

The Wunderwaffe DG-2 can be a complete waste of a shot as it can be very inaccurate. Shoot the Thundergun with the crosshairs not even ON the zombie and you're going to kill it. Plus, the zombies that get blown away are just a train waiting to happen. And what do you do with that train? One more sloppily placed shot to end the round!

I will admit that the DG-2 is beautiful, but the DG-3 just looks cooler.

But, come the zombie Apocalypse, I'll take my zap/wave gun anytime. LOCK AND LOAD!

Don't you say badasssery and not be talking about the wunderwaffe DG-3!

The Wunderwaffe DG-2 can be a complete waste of a shot as it can be very inaccurate. Shoot the Thundergun with the crosshairs not even ON the zombie and you're going to kill it. Plus, the zombies that get blown away are just a train waiting to happen. And what do you do with that train? One more sloppily placed shot to end the round!

I will admit that the DG-2 is beautiful, but the DG-3 just looks cooler.

But, come the zombie Apocalypse, I'll take my zap/wave gun anytime. LOCK AND LOAD!

But that means you have to use more ammo, which means you run out of ammo alot quicker, making you screwed when you need to use the T-Gun, but have no ammo and the Zombie Gods curse you.

By zombie gods I think you mean the girl pictured in your avatar.

The Thundergun only appears on maps with boss rounds (max ammo) as is with ze vundervaffe, meaning ammo isn't a big problem.

Besides, out of the zombies that were blown away you've still killed at least 12 zombies.

ALSO

You yourself stated that it takes at least two shots to end the round with ze vundervaffe

The Thundergun only appears on maps with boss rounds (max ammo) as is with ze vundervaffe, meaning ammo isn't a big problem.

Besides, out of the zombies that were blown away you've still killed at least 12 zombies.

ALSO

You yourself stated that it takes at least two shots to end the round with ze vundervaffe

Lmfao, true about Zombie Gods = Samantha

Un PaPed/PaPed in BO, the Origional DG-3 is pure badassery.

You make a valid point, but still, if you run out of ammo before the dog/monkey round you can be fuck faced if you need ze Thundergun, Im not saying the Thundergun is bad.

It's just that Ze Vundervaffe is better.

ALSO

You make a valid point, but still, if you run out of ammo before the dog/monkey round you can be fuck faced if you need ze Thundergun, Im not saying the Thundergun is bad.

If you know what you're doing and not on round 35-40+, the Thundergun shouldn't run out of ammo, plus the max ammo's attainable by killing vith anozer non vundervaffe.

Then you can pack-a-punch it for MORE ammo if you run out mid round.

Plus, have you ever fired the Thundergun? Sure you're just hitting a button, but with the sound, and effect, you can just FEEL the power of the Thundergun.

Of course, both of these weapons pale in comparison to the D34TH M4CH1N3.

Which, As you said, and I quote, "is God"

ALSO

If you know what you're doing and not on round 35-40+, the Thundergun shouldn't run out of ammo, plus the max ammo's attainable by killing vith anozer non vundervaffe.

Then you can pack-a-punch it for MORE ammo if you run out mid round.

Plus, have you ever fired the Thundergun? Sure you're just hitting a button, but with the sound, and effect, you can just FEEL the power of the Thundergun.

Of course, both of these weapons pale in comparison to the D34TH M4CH1N3.

Which, As you said, and I quote, "is God"

Of course I know Max Ammo can be obtained. but still, the DG-2 has more ammo then the Thundergun, is always a 1 hit kill if the shot hits, well with Thundergun, you can miss Zombies and die if you can't a second shot off.

Im sorry, the Thundergun doesen't compare. ZE WUNDERWAFFLE IS GREATER Then God.

POINT FORM TIME BIOTCHES!

-easier to miss and die with wunderwaffe Shoot from a distance with Ze Wunderwaffle and this is cancelled out

-shoot Thundergun pretty much anywhere and hit something Wunderwaffle has longer range and can kill around corners

-Both weapons do infinite damage Thundergun only has infinite damage upclose

-The only being greater THAN God is the Lord of the Flies!Ze WUNDERWAFFLE is greater then all

^ See above

Are people just watching us debate the same points over and over again at this point? :lol:

-easier to miss and die with wunderwaffe Shoot from a distance with Ze Wunderwaffle and this is cancelled out How does shooting from a distance make it MORE accurate?

-shoot Thundergun pretty much anywhere and hit something Wunderwaffle has longer range and can kill around corners Why do you need to kill 2 zombies around a corner that can easily be sidestepped? And if it's more than that, why bother killing then and not letting them join your train?

-Both weapons do infinite damage Thundergun only has infinite damage upclose They're not sniper rifles, why should we snipe with them?

-The only being greater THAN God is the Lord of the Flies!Ze WUNDERWAFFLE is greater then all

first off I wrote it like THAN to show you were spelling it wrong. :D

Second, THIS IS BLASPHEMY!

^ See above

Are people just watching us debate the same points over and over again at this point? :lol:

-easier to miss and die with wunderwaffe Shoot from a distance with Ze Wunderwaffle and this is cancelled out How does shooting from a distance make it MORE accurate?

Cancels out killing yourself, and just flipping aim the thing at a zombie, it will fucking hit, I never miss with the DG-2, you just don't know how to properly use it. (I don't know if you do, only people who say that don't know how to use it right in my experiance

-shoot Thundergun pretty much anywhere and hit something Wunderwaffle has longer range and can kill around corners Why do you need to kill 2 zombies around a corner that can easily be sidestepped? And if it's more than that, why bother killing then and not letting them join your train?

That's the point of Zombie's, killing Zombies, if your shooting the DG-2, you want to kill zombies

-Both weapons do infinite damage Thundergun only has infinite damage upclose They're not sniper rifles, why should we snipe with them?I know, but the Thundergun can only be used effectivly up close, while you can use the DG-2 while you have more tred from the Zombies

THIS IS BLASPHEMY, and im not spelling Wunderwaffle wrong, just calling it by the nickname, maybe I am misspelling Than, but not WUNDERWAFFLE

^ See above

^ See Above

Cancels out killing yourself, and just flipping aim the thing at a zombie, it will fucking hit, I never miss with the DG-2, you just don't know how to properly use it. (I don't know if you do, only people who say that don't know how to use it right in my experiance I use it a lot, and know how, as Der Riese is probably my favourite map, but NOTHING cancels out killing yourself. Nothing.

That's the point of Zombie's, killing Zombies, if your shooting the DG-2, you want to kill zombies But, if you simply wait three seconds they will join your train and you can conserve ammo.

-Both weapons do infinite damage Thundergun only has infinite damage upclose They're not sniper rifles, why should we snipe with them?I know, but the Thundergun can only be used effectivly up close, while you can use the DG-2 while you have more tred from the ZombiesI usually play solo, and the zombies are often very close. Even on MP, when running trains.

THIS IS BLASPHEMY, and im not spelling Wunderwaffle wrong, just calling it by the nickname, maybe I am misspelling Than, but not WUNDERWAFFLE

THIS IS BLASPHEMY, and you are misspelling the word then. When used to compare it is spelled" than." Also, I meant than, not wunderwaffle.

^ See above