Moon FAST & EASY Recieving Bay strategy video

Superhands

Hey guys, so this here is what I consider to be one of my greatest strategy discoveries so far.

Basically, simply by fixing the Quick Revive window after killing each group, the spawns become manageable enough to run the Recieving Bay safely.

This is genuinely a great, or better, alternative to running the Biodome - it's a simple and easy loop, it's about twice as fast as running the Biodome and there's no mad dash needed to hack the Excavators, as you're already more-or-less right next to the panel when one goes off as the round starts.

This strategy requires basic-intermediate kiting skills.

So this video will show you how to run the area safely, as well as how to safely and effectively stop the Excavators and hack Max Ammos from powerups dropped by Gersch Devices at the right time.

This strategy works from round 10 upwards and gets easier as the rounds go up and the speed of the spawns increase - the hallmark of a good kiting strategy.

The following footage is from a single round 50 game, 0 downs or perks lost by any means, which shows that the Astronaut causes no problems.

You'll see all of this in the video anyways.

Enjoy :D

kZEOHwPZacw

Btw, it says in the video about it seeming that the astro doesn't glitch in this room - I've found this to be not true since then ;)

UPDATE: So, recently, Lord-Kipmud created a topic asking what to do if you were to get stuck in the Recieving Bay, both Tunnel Excavators breached and no hacker. This raised a question in my mind; Would the Astronaut remain stuck on the other side of the map if you were to let both Tunnels breach while you were, say, in the Biodome, with the astronaut, then teleport back and stay in the Recieving Bay?

I just did a solo run to 50 to test and confirm that he'd remain stuck there, and not die out and respawn in the Recieving Bay in the next round.

I kept the bottom door of Tunnel 11 closed, and waited for Tunnel 6 to breach. Round 19, Tunnel 6. I was running in the Biodome until then, the same astronaut from round 2. After 6 breached, I teleported and went back to the Recieving Bay, ran my usual Recieving Bay strategy until round 50... with the same astronaut trapped in the power room since round 19!

Lord-Kipmud, thanks for bringing this topic up. I've been looking for a fair way to take the astronaut out of action as it'd make the Recieving Bay strategy so much easier. Okay, so if you went down you'd have to regather your group, hack the windows shut, kill the group and hack tunnel 6 so you can go back through it to the teleporter. But, you can rebuy Quick Revive, teleport, then run the dome for a while until Tunnel 6 breaches again, then teleport back to the spawn and continue as before. Also, running this strategy past 35, no need to 'spin the wonder weapon', the chances of someone who's practiced the strategy going down are pretty small. So, running the dome and waiting for Tunnel 6 to breach again is not so bad, rather than the risk of the astro glitching out on me when I use a Gersch Device in a high round, if this happens and he's got really high health, this can ruin the game using this particular strategy anyway.

Round 99-100 footage, showing how to quicken up the loop a bit at rounds 30+ and how to shut out the astro:

7AnMFQqXkBk

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The simplest solution is the key isn't it.

Pretty much that. I was trying to run it with both windows open at first, it's doable but it's just as dangerous as tunnel 11. I was trying the exact same loop but was forever getting blocked as I approached the Quick Revive side, so I figured maybe blocking up the window to delay them spawning might help. It did the trick :)

Hands, I just noticed you have so many excellent videos on the site, why don't you create a thread similar to Chopper's Repository to include all your videos in one place. People will randomly want to find your guides (VIDEOS only) when they are in a game and they can just see that in your signature. Just saying.

This is for sure the best strategy out there for Moon. I tried it two days ago. Before round ten I had Ray Gun, Wave Gun, and Gersch Devices. I cleared round nine with no problem, the strategy worked very well. I had almost finished wave ten when I saw that no more spawned, just about four zombies were left. I drew them closer to the middle for a safe shot with the Ray Gun. Boom, all windows go out! :lol: I wish I could have tried the startegy for more than two rounds, but it was very effective for both!

This is for sure the best strategy out there for Moon. I tried it two days ago. Before round ten I had Ray Gun, Wave Gun, and Gersch Devices. I cleared round nine with no problem, the strategy worked very well. I had almost finished wave ten when I saw that no more spawned, just about four zombies were left. I drew them closer to the middle for a safe shot with the Ray Gun. Boom, all windows go out! :lol: I wish I could have tried the startegy for more than two rounds, but it was very effective for both!

:lol: Yeah I'd always just stick with a Wave Gun for killing groups using this strategy, nothing works more efficiently ;)

Thank you hands, this strat got me to 25 no downs, could have gone farther but it's bed time and I have school tomorrow... anyways, thanks this was really helpful :D

Good stuff mate, I actually think 17-25 are slightly tricky for some reason, the spawns just go a little bit funny sometimes. Once you hit round 30 it's so easy; you wait, you walk round, then by the time you walk back round again the other side is completely clear ;)

Okay, so I'm trying this. I really am. But maybe it's just as you said, rounds 17-25 are kind of weird, but this hasn't worked out too well for me. I didn't go down, but I got red screened at least 4 times in the period of rounds 15-20.

I'm gonna try to get to 30 in the Biodome then just switch over to the Receiving Bay as the spawn rate starts to max out.

Though, I have a feeling the zombies spawn just a bit differently on xbox than they do PC. I've noticed that I have to start at the very corner of the room to induce the majority of the zombies to spawn at the closest window to me. It just seems... different on your video.

But maybe it's just that I'm doing something wrong. I dunno. Thanks for the video, anyways! :D

Something doesn't sound right there, the amount of zombies spawning in each window is irrelevant to how well the strategy will work at any given time, you'll always get the odd completely uneven spawn on any console... but as long as you hack that quick revive window closed after each group killed then the way they spawn is a non issue.

You are hacking that QR window closed each time, right? It's that one little thing that's the ONLY reason this strategy works so well.

I've noticed that it's actually better to have less of them spawn on your side and more on the QR side, they'll allpile up behind the boarded window and come in as one huge clump, you'll be just waiting for the first one to come in before you move off, then you already have the majority of them behind you as you go back around, lovely ;) so the problems you're getting suggests the QR window is not boarded, which of course would cause major problems.

As for those 16-25 rounds I mentioned being the trickiest... they should still be easy. The speed of the spawning means you may have to drag out a little in the corners on the side of the room you start on as you come back round, but it's never a problem and normally results in 2 hits at most, if any.

Just check the vid again mate and see if there's anything you need to change. I cannot stress enough the importance of closing off that QR window before each new spawn, not doing that will always make running this area 100x harder ;)

Hope that helped mate, sounds like I should have solved your problem but happy to answer any more questions :)

Something doesn't sound right there, the amount of zombies spawning in each window is irrelevant to how well the strategy will work at any given time, you'll always get the odd completely uneven spawn on any console... but as long as you hack that quick revive window closed after each group killed then the way they spawn is a non issue.

You are hacking that QR window closed each time, right? It's that one little thing that's the ONLY reason this strategy works so well.

I've noticed that it's actually better to have less of them spawn on your side and more on the QR side, they'll allpile up behind the boarded window and come in as one huge clump, you'll be just waiting for the first one to come in before you move off, then you already have the majority of them behind you as you go back around, lovely ;) so the problems you're getting suggests the QR window is not boarded, which of course would cause major problems.

As for those 16-25 rounds I mentioned being the trickiest... they should still be easy. The speed of the spawning means you may have to drag out a little in the corners on the side of the room you start on as you come back round, but it's never a problem and normally results in 2 hits at most, if any.

Just check the vid again mate and see if there's anything you need to change. I cannot stress enough the importance of closing off that QR window before each new spawn, not doing that will always make running this area 100x harder ;)

Hope that helped mate, sounds like I should have solved your problem but happy to answer any more questions :)

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was going a bit too fast around the little PES closet thing. Thanks for the help, man! This is officially my favorite train in Moon now. :D

It's just practice, practice, practice. I've always been a slow learner when it comes to running trains. I'd like to think that while I'm not exactly the most skilled player in the land, I am one of the most observant and 'hardest working' players you'll find. I've tried this at least 5 times in the past couple days, and I think I've finally gotten the hang of it.

And I've decided that this strategy is revolutionary. Really great find, Super. [brains]

Good stuff lemonade, glad to hear it's working for you :) Yeah I've found it best to hang over on the QR side for as long as possible to allow more time for the other side to clear, though at 30+ they spawn in so quickly that most of the time you go back around and it's completely clear.

Updated the OP with a legitimate method (no glitches involved) on how to get rid of the Astronaut while you're running this strategy. Check it!

Nice! But, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it. Yes, it's a big plus, but trying to get back your perks (ie the ones that are not Jug like Stamin Up) would be, to say the least, a very difficult task indeed, especially with everything decompressed... Would you just continue the game with just Jug and Quick Revive? How would you go back to NML a second time if you use up all your Gersches to get back to the other half of the map, teleport, and it's Speed Cola instead of Jug?

And what if your Gersches fail you when getting Max Ammos? What if you get no drops? It has happened to me before. You would be out of ammo, with no Gersches, no box, no ammo. Would you just hack one of the excavators open? But that would let the astronaut through, and that's the entire point of letting the excavators breach.

I see the benefits of this strategy, but in my eyes, the cons far outweigh the pros. The excavators were not put in to give you an easy way to get rid of the astronaut, they were put in to screw you up! And with some bad luck, they could very well do that.

Trust me mate, from personal experience it's so worth the effort, the cons of having the astronaut around far outway the cons of blocking him out actually as it makes the strategy a lot easier to run.

Glad you asked all of these questions as I can give everyone the answers, believe me I've thought all of this out already in weighing up pros and cons:

Would you just continue the game with just Jug and Quick Revive?

There's nothing at all to stop you from picking back up your perks after you manage to recover and get Jugg. Answer to follow.

How would you go back to NML a second time if you use up all your Gersches to get back to the other half of the map, teleport, and it's Speed Cola instead of Jug?

Don't use Gersches to teleport, they're far too valuable for that.

If you go down, crawl to the QR machine, buy it as soon as you get up.

Gather a group, staying in the spawn.

Hack both windows closed.

Kill your group and hack Excavator Pi to regain access to Tunnel 6.

Make way for the teleporter, buy Jugg.

Run the Biodome until Pi breaches again.

As for what perk will be in NML - don't leave it up to chance. In the initial stages, after you've got your weapon setup, teleport to make sure Jugg is there, then get back to the dome. After Pi breaches, you can teleport back to NML, upgrade the Wave Gun, it'll be Speed Cola down there. You then teleport back to the spawn and start running that strategy. Guaranteed Jugg down there if you were to go down.

Trying to get back your perks (ie the ones that are not Jug like Stamin Up) would be, to say the least, a very difficult task indeed, especially with everything decompressed.

Tunnel 11 should never breach in solo. You just keep the door next to Staminup closed off so that a) the path through 11 is blocked without having to have a digger in it, and B) having this door closed also presents an option to run in Tunnel 11 if you so wish.

And what if your Gersches fail you when getting Max Ammos? What if you get no drops? It has happened to me before. You would be out of ammo, with no Gersches, no box, no ammo. Would you just hack one of the excavators open? But that would let the astronaut through, and that's the entire point of letting the excavators breach.

Same tactic as going down, hacking Tunnel 6 open and running the dome until it re-breaches. So you'll have access to the box.

Though, if you properly budget your ammo, you should always get a drop off of one of your Gersches. Get down to your last clip of course. Then throw a Gersch Device. May or may not get a drop. Use a Wave Gun shot from your last clip to make a few extra points. Another Gersch. Another shot. Last Gersch. From personal experience, always works at whatever round.

Though, on the off-chance that this does fail, you can always open 6 and get to the Biodome. This way, you can flop or take Nukes/Instakills from the launchers to kill zombies until you get a drop to hack to a Max.

Running the Biodome is slow, obviously, but it's what most people have done up until now so it's not as if it's a terrible option, rather a nice fallback ;)

Also, at round 35+, this strategy becomes so ridiculously easy, the only way you're gonna go down is if you do something really, really stupid. Example in a game I did yesterday - Gersch Devices, dropped a x2 and Death Machine. Hacked, it was the x2 that turned to a Max Ammo. Now, I could have just collected the Death Machine and been fine, no need to even sprint running this strategy at the high rounds. But, I was pissing about tryna get the Max Ammo and not the Death Machine, took way too much time, got surrounded just as I collected the Death Machine and went down. Complete and utter thoughtlessness. This was at round 60. Beforehand, not a single down, not even a red screen since I started running the strategy in round 19. I can safely hrow a Gersch Device without worrying about the astro. The thing with running this strategy is, what are you gonna do if the astro starts glitching? Very dangerous to attempt to kill him in a number of ways and it can be a game ender. Whereas with him locked out, this problem is eliminated and replaced with a much smaller problem.

• 2 weeks later...