Story Continuation from Moon?

Spock

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great theory. A counter theory regarding why there would be a moon base 65 million years ago could be that since the pyramid is obviously a very powerful and alien object, it could time travel itself and thus take along the entire base. But I digress, great theory and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Very interesting!!! But did it cross your mind that the tectonic plates are still moving? Maybe the Earth's form we see on the map Moon is 200 mil years from today's shape? Or consider this: Maybe you time travel between A51 and the Moon during teleportation, because A51 may not be around in 200 mil years? Any way with your cretaceous theory maybe Richtofen wanted to wipe out the dinos for something idk maybe to make dino zombies? (those would be Ssooooo hard to kill). Or maybe there was an abundance of a certain element that he needed. IDK These are just some ideas

Vader210":u82woxr1]This an extremely good theory although this is the first time I have heard of it.

But if Area 51 is on Moon then how come there is an explosion there when you teleport before the missiles hit it?

I never said I thought Area 51 was on the Moon. I said it was on Cretaceous Earth.

And Thunderwaffe, GREAT theory! Perhaps the Earth seen from the moon is actually Earth millions of years from now.

[brains] to you!

Ok, first off let me start by saying I think this is nothing more than a graphical error on Treyarch's part. We know Treyarch has made mistakes like this before (i.e. the 2nd Earth on Moon which you stated) and are certainly capale of making more. If they let such a huge graphical error like having 2 Earths on the Moon map, I doubt they'd even pay attention to this. They most likely thought we'd do the same and not even notice.

Now, say this isn't a graphical error. And I'll try to explain this so it's easy to follow.

We know Richtofen first traveled to the Moon (pre-Griffin Station) and that's when he first discovered the Vril pyramid (MPD) on January 4, 1940. Moon Radio #3 supports this:

Edward Richtofen: "Entry 42. Date: January 4th, 1940. Dr. Schuster and I, despite mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis, have continued working on the matter transference prototype. We have made great strides in the last thirty days and are ready for our first human subject. If our calculations are correct, we will send a test subject to the receptacle station sitting thirty yards away and behind a cinder-block wall."

Dr. Schuster: "Are you certain you want to do this, Dr. Richtofen?"

Edward Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Schuster, this must be done. Quickly, put in your earplugs and power up the machine."

(Teleporting noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Is there a power outage? Why is it so dark? I feel almost... weightless. How very unexpected. Dr. Schuster? Hello?"

(Clicking can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Ah, I can see now. Oh my god. I am standing in a circular cave, surrounded by some kind of machine like, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks almost alien in nature. There's a pyramid structure at the center of the room. I'm going to try and carefully touch it."

(Shock is heard as Richtofen touches it)

Edward Richtofen: "Ahhh. Static electricity. It's sharp to the touch. Very cold. Not a speck of dust."

(Richtofen bangs on it)

Edward Richtofen: "Hmm, might be hollow. The chamber's quite large. I see what looks like capacitors at the ceiling of the chamber. There are no obvious connections to anything electrical. What is this place? Dr. Schuster, is that you? Dr. Schuster! Look at this. It appears to be covered in some kind of hieroglyphic language. I've not seen anything like it before. Why are you whispering to me? There's no need for that."

(Odd noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "What is this? Do you hear that? It sounds like..."

(Loud static and noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "My god, what happened? I seem to be in some kind of jungle. I can't be certain of where I am."

(Jungle noises are heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Oh no!"

And we know that 19 days later, Richtofen reappears at Der Riese, grabs Dr. Schuster, and brings him back to the Moon. Two years later, construction has completed at Griffin Station and Group 935 begins working with the MPD. Moon radios 4 and 5 support this:

Dr. Schuster: "Log Entry 43. Date: January 23rd, 1940. I cannot be certain what happened to Dr. Richtofen. Once the test was commenced, he just disappeared from the machine into thin air. I have searched the area for days and have no evidence that he is anywhere. I am afraid I might have to scrap the-"

(Banging is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Don't stop anything. We have done something, something wonderous. Shhh. Do you hear them?"

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, you're alive!"

Edward Richtofen: "I'm more than alive, Mr. Scheuster. Is the device still intact?"

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, but, what happened to you?"

Edward Richtofen: "Aaah, something wunderbar! That chamber was incredible, the wonders we could learn!"

Dr. Schuster: "What are you talking about? Are you alright?"

Edward Richtofen: "Get in the matter transference prototype, Dr. Scheuster. We have work to-"

Dr. Richtofen: "Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends."

(Inaudible conversing is heard from crowd and continues through Richtofen's speaking.)

Dr. Richtofen: "I bring to you what this project is all about. What I have worked to keep from my enemy."

Dr. Groph: "What is it Dr. Richtofen? It looks alien."

Dr. Richtofen: "It is an ancient vril machine. And you, Dr. Groph, are now the lead scientist here at Griffin Station."

(Applause for Dr. Groph is heard.)

Dr. Richtofen: "You will be the one to discover how it works."

(Applause ends.)

Dr. Groph: "We first must discover what it does."

Dr. Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension."

(Crowd begins conversing again.)

Dr. Groph: "Preposterous!"

Dr. Richtofen: "No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station."

Dr. Groph: "Is it (*Static*) How do you know what it does?"

Dr. Richtofen: "I found many interesting vril artifacts here. I have decoded them and all signs point to this device being a stable gateway to the Aether"

(Loud conversing again)

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, I am aware of a project being run by Dr. Maxis at Der Riese concerning vril."

Dr. Richtofen: "As am I. I am going back to my port at Group 935 to continue the charade. I will be figuring out just how much information Dr. Maxis has (*Static*) Once the machine is operational, I will enact my plan and return. Gentlemen, let the games begin."

(Applause is heard.)

Dr. Richtofen: "Shhhh, the voices are so loud!"

From these radios, we can gather that Griffin Station was built in the early part of 1942. Therefore, the events of Moon cannot take place 65 million years ago as Griffin Station is built on the Moon. If it did happen 65 million years ago, Griffin Station would not be there and it would just be an empty desolate Moon surface. The events with our gang would have to have happened sometime after 1942 during the initial outbreak (when Sam first gets trapped in the pyramid and starts controlling things). Check out my timeline in my signature for more details.

EDIT: Now I'm not saying there's no chance for the continuation of the story. While the Earth is severely damaged, it is not blown up completely. One possibilty I've contemplated is the 3 missles attacked the 3 major areas of infection (Russia, Germany, America?) in hopes of stoping it before it takes over the entire world. However the blast doesn't stop the entire infection, and the outbreak still continues in the next game. Perhaps we play as another group and find a way to teleport our old gang back to Earth. I don't know, just shooting out ideas of hope out there for some of you guys that want to see our gang return. Personally, I'd love to see our gang again in Black Ops 2, but I just don't see how they can keep this crazy ass story going in the right direction effectively.

Ok, first off let me start by saying I think this is nothing more than a graphical error on Treyarch's part. We know Treyarch has made mistakes like this before (i.e. the 2nd Earth on Moon which you stated) and are certainly capale of making more. If they let such a huge graphical error like having 2 Earths on the Moon map, I doubt they'd even pay attention to this. They most likely thought we'd do the same and not even notice.

Now, say this isn't a graphical error. And I'll try to explain this so it's easy to follow.

We know Richtofen first traveled to the Moon (pre-Griffin Station) and that's when he first discovered the Vril pyramid (MPD) on January 4, 1940. Moon Radio #3 supports this:

Edward Richtofen: "Entry 42. Date: January 4th, 1940. Dr. Schuster and I, despite mounting pressure from Dr. Maxis, have continued working on the matter transference prototype. We have made great strides in the last thirty days and are ready for our first human subject. If our calculations are correct, we will send a test subject to the receptacle station sitting thirty yards away and behind a cinder-block wall."

Edward Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Schuster, this must be done. Quickly, put in your earplugs and power up the machine."

Edward Richtofen: "Is there a power outage? Why is it so dark? I feel almost... weightless. How very unexpected. Dr. Schuster? Hello?"

(Clicking can be heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Ah, I can see now. Oh my god. I am standing in a circular cave, surrounded by some kind of machine like, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks almost alien in nature. There's a pyramid structure at the center of the room. I'm going to try and carefully touch it."

Edward Richtofen: "Ahhh. Static electricity. It's sharp to the touch. Very cold. Not a speck of dust."

(Richtofen bangs on it)

Edward Richtofen: "Hmm, might be hollow. The chamber's quite large. I see what looks like capacitors at the ceiling of the chamber. There are no obvious connections to anything electrical. What is this place? Dr. Schuster, is that you? Dr. Schuster! Look at this. It appears to be covered in some kind of hieroglyphic language. I've not seen anything like it before. Why are you whispering to me? There's no need for that."

(Odd noise is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "My god, what happened? I seem to be in some kind of jungle. I can't be certain of where I am."

And we know that 19 days later, Richtofen reappears at Der Riese, grabs Dr. Schuster, and brings him back to the Moon. Two years later, construction has completed at Griffin Station and Group 935 begins working with the MPD. Moon radios 4 and 5 support this:

Dr. Schuster: "Log Entry 43. Date: January 23rd, 1940. I cannot be certain what happened to Dr. Richtofen. Once the test was commenced, he just disappeared from the machine into thin air. I have searched the area for days and have no evidence that he is anywhere. I am afraid I might have to scrap the-"

(Banging is heard)

Edward Richtofen: "Don't stop anything. We have done something, something wonderous. Shhh. Do you hear them?"

Edward Richtofen: "I'm more than alive, Mr. Scheuster. Is the device still intact?"

Edward Richtofen: "Aaah, something wunderbar! That chamber was incredible, the wonders we could learn!"

Edward Richtofen: "Get in the matter transference prototype, Dr. Scheuster. We have work to-"

Dr. Richtofen: "Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends."

(Inaudible conversing is heard from crowd and continues through Richtofen's speaking.)

Dr. Richtofen: "I bring to you what this project is all about. What I have worked to keep from my enemy."

Dr. Richtofen: "It is an ancient vril machine. And you, Dr. Groph, are now the lead scientist here at Griffin Station."

(Applause ends.)

Dr. Richtofen: "Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension."

Dr. Richtofen: "No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station."

Dr. Richtofen: "I found many interesting vril artifacts here. I have decoded them and all signs point to this device being a stable gateway to the Aether"

(Loud conversing again)

Dr. Schuster: "Dr. Richtofen, I am aware of a project being run by Dr. Maxis at Der Riese concerning vril."

Dr. Richtofen: "As am I. I am going back to my port at Group 935 to continue the charade. I will be figuring out just how much information Dr. Maxis has (*Static*) Once the machine is operational, I will enact my plan and return. Gentlemen, let the games begin."

(Applause is heard.)

From these radios, we can gather that Griffin Station was built in the early part of 1942. Therefore, the events of Moon cannot take place 65 million years ago as Griffin Station is built on the Moon. If it did happen 65 million years ago, Griffin Station would not be there and it would just be an empty desolate Moon surface. The events with our gang would have to have happened sometime after 1942 during the initial outbreak (when Sam first gets trapped in the pyramid and starts controlling things). Check out my timeline in my signature for more details.

EDIT: Now I'm not saying there's no chance for the continuation of the story. While the Earth is severely damaged, it is not blown up completely. One possibilty I've contemplated is the 3 missles attacked the 3 major areas of infection (Russia, Germany, America?, in hopes of stoping it before it takes over the entire world. However the blast doesn't stop the entire infection, and the outbreaks still continue. Perhaps we play as another group and find a way to teleport our crew back to Earth. Idk just shooting ideas of hope out there for some of you guys that want to see our gang return. Personally, I'd love to see our gang again in Black Ops 2, but I just don't see how they can keep this crazy ass story going effectively.

I've come to the conclusion that time travel can be... well, brainmelting to say the least. I'm writing a novel dealing with time travel, and I have often stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning pondering how time could be morphed, and how exactly time travel would work. There are two possible scenarios I see:

a) You travel back in time. It is all a single flow of everything, and doubling back on that flow can lead to changes in the initial flow itself, leading to paradoxes that would disallow time travel in the first place. I have trouble accepting this as plausible. The universe doesn't like paradoxes. These paradoxes can be summed up as the Grandfather Paradox. Now, I know you're a hardcore story-liner unlike me, so I guess you already know what the Grandfather Paradox is. But for anyone else that isn't familiar with this particular paradox, it goes a little something like this:

Suppose you travel back in time and kill your grandfather before he met your grandmother. This would cause your mother/father to never be born, and would cause you to not exist. And if you don't exist, how could you travel back in time in the first place?

Now, when dealing with Zombies, I feel that this paradox does not apply, making this scenario false (for this game, at least). How? Well, I'm not quite sure; I more believe this to be false because the other scenario fits sooooo much better.

B) You travel back in time. But 'time' itself is a loose term—it means nothing. Time is nothing. Instead, there is only present. That's it in your dimension.

But there are other dimensions. In fact, there are an infinite number of dimensions. Every moment of everything that has ever been and ever will be is its own dimension. Time is just the steady progression of presents, one by one, without the ability to go backwards or skip ahead, just a constant flow of stone-stepping across everything. You can't mess with the past because there is no past, just another present.

This is the scenario I feel is true. It just makes sense. And I feel that this—or something relatively similar to it, at least (there are quite a few variations on this theory)—scenario could apply to Zombies and produce infinite possibilities for its future.

What if Vril—or 115—is a medium that allows you to break the flow of time? That allows you to skip forwards or backwards?

But what if it doesn't stop with you? What if you bring objects with you? What if the Vril Pyramid is so immensely powerful that it has the potential to pick up an entire base and send you into the 'past'?

Or what if the MDT, the one in Area 51, can jump across presents, maintain radio contact, and be in the past—but without a single person knowing? It may sound ridiculous, but how can you be sure? Just read about Flight 19, the Navy training flight that disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle. I'm not saying that Flight 19 entered a rift in time or something, but just look at this:

The flight leader’s voice was picked up for over 3 hours. He didn’t know which way lay the peninsula of Florida. Another pilot took over and headed the flight in the right direction. Yet still it didn’t get back.

Radio contact was maintained for 3 hours before the five planes crashed or whatever happened to them. This was real life. Imagine the possibilities in a video game.

I feel that the possibility of 935 building a Moon base millions of years in the past, constantly teleporting back to the 20th century and maintaining radio contact, without even being aware of the situation is perfectly reasonable, especially considering all of the crazy stuff Treyarch has done to us in the past.

So yeah, that's my two cents. This was my first time ever getting deep into the storyline. Hope I did okay lol. :lol:

-perfect

(Clicking can be heard)

(Richtofen bangs on it)

(Odd noise is heard)

(Banging is heard)

(Applause ends.)

(Loud conversing again)

(Applause is heard.)

EDIT: Now I'm not saying there's no chance for the continuation of the story. While the Earth is severely damaged, it is not blown up completely. One possibilty I've contemplated is the 3 missles attacked the 3 major areas of infection (Russia, Germany, America?, in hopes of stoping it before it takes over the entire world. However the blast doesn't stop the entire infection, and the outbreaks still continue. Perhaps we play as another group and find a way to teleport our crew back to Earth. Idk just shooting ideas of hope out there for some of you guys that want to see our gang return. Personally, I'd love to see our gang again in Black Ops 2, but I just don't see how they can keep this crazy ass story going effectively.

I've come to the conclusion that time travel can be... well, brainmelting to say the least. I'm writing a novel dealing with time travel, and I have often stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning pondering how time could be morphed, and how exactly time travel would work. There are two possible scenarios I see:

a) You travel back in time. It is all a single flow of everything, and doubling back on that flow can lead to changes in the initial flow itself, leading to paradoxes that would disallow time travel in the first place. I have trouble accepting this as plausible. The universe doesn't like paradoxes. These paradoxes can be summed up as the Grandfather Paradox. Now, I know you're a hardcore story-liner unlike me, so I guess you already know what the Grandfather Paradox is. But for anyone else that isn't familiar with this particular paradox, it goes a little something like this:

Suppose you travel back in time and kill your grandfather before he met your grandmother. This would cause your mother/father to never be born, and would cause you to not exist. And if you don't exist, how could you travel back in time in the first place?

Now, when dealing with Zombies, I feel that this paradox does not apply, making this scenario false (for this game, at least). How? Well, I'm not quite sure; I more believe this to be false because the other scenario fits sooooo much better.

B) You travel back in time. But 'time' itself is a loose term—it means nothing. Time is nothing. Instead, there is only present. That's it in your dimension.

But there are other dimensions. In fact, there are an infinite number of dimensions. Every moment of everything that has ever been and ever will be is its own dimension. Time is just the steady progression of presents, one by one, without the ability to go backwards or skip ahead, just a constant flow of stone-stepping across everything. You can't mess with the past because there is no past, just another present.

This is the scenario I feel is true. It just makes sense. And I feel that this—or something relatively similar to it, at least (there are quite a few variations on this theory)—scenario could apply to Zombies and produce infinite possibilities for its future.

What if Vril—or 115—is a medium that allows you to break the flow of time? That allows you to skip forwards or backwards?

But what if it doesn't stop with you? What if you bring objects with you? What if the Vril Pyramid is so immensely powerful that it has the potential to pick up an entire base and send you into the 'past'?

Or what if the MDT, the one in Area 51, can jump across presents, maintain radio contact, and be in the past—but without a single person knowing? It may sound ridiculous, but how can you be sure? Just read about Flight 19, the Navy training flight that disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle. I'm not saying that Flight 19 entered a rift in time or something, but just look at this:

The flight leader’s voice was picked up for over 3 hours. He didn’t know which way lay the peninsula of Florida. Another pilot took over and headed the flight in the right direction. Yet still it didn’t get back.

Radio contact was maintained for 3 hours before the five planes crashed or whatever happened to them. This was real life. Imagine the possibilities in a video game.

I feel that the possibility of 935 building a Moon base millions of years in the past, constantly teleporting back to the 20th century and maintaining radio contact, without even being aware of the situation is perfectly reasonable, especially considering all of the crazy stuff Treyarch has done to us in the past.

So yeah, that's my two cents. This was my first time ever getting deep into the storyline. Hope I did okay lol. :lol:

-perfect

Excellent stuff there perfect! I'll be sure to come back and brains when I can (must've gave you some recently, says I gotta give to other users first)

I've also considered this possibility of alternate dimensions in time and space. And if this is the case, then the only important timeline is the one that our gang is currently taking. Nothing in the past is relevant any more as the only thing that matters is the current time and dimension you're in.

However I've always tried to stray away from this way of thinking. The complexity of alternate dimension and the warping of time and space is truly, as you stated, mindblowing. To comprehend it is a daunting task in it's own respect, let alone applying it to the zombie storyline. And I believe that Treyarch would not have chosen this option for their storyline for the same reason. (If Treyarch even knows what they're doing with this damned story lol.) However I absolutely could be wrong.

Be options are absolutely feasable. And that's what people should take from this. There's not just one simple answer for all the mysteries behind the storyline. That's why we've just got to try our best to piece it together with the help of radios, quotes, terminal info etc.

Again perfect excellent post! People need to consider this as another viable option.

Even the most optimistic Zombies players now struggle to find a continuation to the Zombies storyline. Richtofen blew up the Earth. The characters are stuck on the Moon forever. Some players think this is the end of Zombies and Black Ops 2 will not feature the beloved game mode. But I do not think this is the case. It is my firm belief that Zombies will thrive in Treyarch's next game even more so than it did in Black Ops. Here is my reasoning:

From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3z6hUv0nUw, by MrChillax6

Please direct your attention to the image above. This was taken by a modder in Black Ops using using NoClip. Many of you will recognize this as the Earth as seen from the Moon in "Moon." But look more closely at it. Do you see any of Earth's continents, such as Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, etc.? No. I believe that's because this is not an image of Earth as we know it.

This is Earth during the late Cretaceous Period. Doesn't the first image look more like this than modern Earth? Now, I know many of you will not be very quick to accept the hypothesis that "Moon" took place 65 million years ago, but it's not impossible. We know from past Zombies levels that our four characters travel through not only space, but time as well. For example, they went from the WWII era to the Cold War era without aging. However, there are still unanswered questions. Why would there have been a moon base 65 million years ago? What about Area 51? My answer: there is no answer- yet. There wasn't a base on the moon in the '60s or '70s, the time period in which the level is currently thought to have taken place. There isn't one there now either. Remember, nothing is too absurd for Zombies. One often ignored, and still unexplained phenomenon is the mud pits in Area 51. Area 51 is in a desert, and deserts are usually dry. The Cretaceous Period had a wet climate. And remember, nothing in Zombies is in any way based on fact.

I have digressed from my original topic: the continuation of the Zombies storyline. As is commonly known, missiles were launched from the Moon during the level's Easter egg. Those missiles crashed into Earth, and inevitably caused a mass extinction killing every human on Earth similar to the extinction that killed the dinosaurs. But if my hypothesis is correct and "Moon" did take place 65 million years ago, the extinction wouldn't have been similar to the one that killed the dinosaurs, it would have been the extinction that killed the dinosaurs.

The title of the Easter egg is "Richtofen's Grand Scheme." What reason would Richtofen have to kill everyone on Earth? If the dinosaurs didn't die out, humans wouldn't exist now. Maybe Richtofen's scheme was to kill off the dinosaurs so that humans could come to exist. The truth is, we won't know if any of this is true until the next game arrives this November. We'll just have to wait.

To wrap things up, I'll tie up some loose ends. Some people believe Area 51 isn't on Earth. If you look to the sky on Area 51, you will see the same image of Earth that you see while on the Moon. This is because Area 51 is actually in the same map as Moon, not a separate one. If you use NoClip to explore the map and go just beyond the Biodome, you will be able to reach Area 51 without the use of a teleporter. Since the two locations are in the same map, the same image of Earth will be seen from both locations. It is unavoidable. At least Treyarch knew it would raise some questions. They sure do like being cryptic. Also, many people have noticed that if you die on "Moon," no music plays. This has lead some players to believe there will be no more zombies in Treyarch's next game. Previously, the song from the next map's musical Easter egg played when you died. "115" from "Kino Der Toten" even played when you died in "Der Riese." But this is because "Kino Der Toten" was originally going to be in World at War. When Treyarch didn't add a fifth map pack, the map was moved to Black Ops. There was no extra map pack planned for Black Ops. Therefore, there's no musical Easter egg for the next map- yet, and no music at the end of "Moon."

The point of this post was not to suggest that the next set of Zombie maps will take place 65 million years ago. If the characters teleported back in time, they can teleport forward again. But the point of the thread was to suggest that maybe Richtofen didn't end humanity by sending the missiles in the Easter egg. If my theory is correct, modern Earth is quite intact in the Zombies story, and ready for a whole new set of zombie adventures in Treyarch's next game.

EDIT: I am aware that this is not the only place on the internet where this theory is posted. I realized that the Earth didn't look like modern Earth and did some research, and found out that it looked more like Cretaceous Earth. After that, I did some internet searching to find out if this theory was posted elsewhere, and it is. However, it was not posted on any forums huge among the Zombies community, like this one. Someone in a later post mentioned the website Playthegame.co. Before posting this, I had never heard of that website. The first image of Earth in this post is a screenshot of a Youtube video from a player who NoClipped to Earth and took a picture. I discovered this video while searching for my theory elsewhere on the internet. I was not the first person to think of this, true. But I discovered it on my own. If I had used anyone else's research and work, I would have cited it. The only thing here that came from anyone else's work was the first picture, which has now been cited. I am not a plagiarizer, please don't accuse me of being one.

*EDIT* Forum user Thunderwaffe (who replied to this thread) has proposed another theory as to why Earth looks different. Tectonic plates are still moving. Maybe the Earth seen in Moon is Earth millions of years from now, not millions of years in the past. This would explain the fact that in Moon, there's a moon base. Great theory, Thunderwaffe!

You Know, this actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe Treyarch put that picture of the earth to leave the possiblities for future maps open. Who knows? Maybe they hadn't even thought of this! And you might have hit on something that will influence how they continue!

Great Job!

:facepalm: guys a zombie developer of twitted to a guy this:which conferms zombies in the next call of duty game.And i dont think they can make a lot of maps just on moon so they will take us on earth or a different storyline

I've been saying that for so long but people tend to shut that idea down. It honestly seems like the only sensible option considering where Moon left us. Most zombies players refuse to believe that Moon is where it ends for the original four, I however do. It's time for something new. There literally is no possible way to continue their story, the world is destroyed. There is no where for them to go from Moon. Now i'm not saying quit the storyline at all because the storyline is perfect the way it is, I just think in the next game (i've said this so many times before) it should feature new characters who's actions happen simutaniously with the original gangs. Another thing to take into consideration, most zombies players don't have as much knowledge of the storyline as us here on the forums. The casual zombies player outnumbers the hardcore players and trying to continue forward after Moon would mean getting more complex and deeper thus confusing nearly every casual player and some hardcore players aswell. So in order to keep the storyline realistic (and I mean realistic to the zombies universe) and simple enough for players to understand, a new point of view must be introduced.