Story Continuation from Moon?

Spock

Even the most optimistic Zombies players now struggle to find a continuation to the Zombies storyline. Richtofen blew up the Earth. The characters are stuck on the Moon forever. Some players think this is the end of Zombies and Black Ops 2 will not feature the beloved game mode. But I do not think this is the case. It is my firm belief that Zombies will thrive in Treyarch's next game even more so than it did in Black Ops. Here is my reasoning:

From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3z6hUv0nUw, by MrChillax6

Please direct your attention to the image above. This was taken by a modder in Black Ops using using NoClip. Many of you will recognize this as the Earth as seen from the Moon in "Moon." But look more closely at it. Do you see any of Earth's continents, such as Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, etc.? No. I believe that's because this is not an image of Earth as we know it.

This is Earth during the late Cretaceous Period. Doesn't the first image look more like this than modern Earth? Now, I know many of you will not be very quick to accept the hypothesis that "Moon" took place 65 million years ago, but it's not impossible. We know from past Zombies levels that our four characters travel through not only space, but time as well. For example, they went from the WWII era to the Cold War era without aging. However, there are still unanswered questions. Why would there have been a moon base 65 million years ago? What about Area 51? My answer: there is no answer- yet. There wasn't a base on the moon in the '60s or '70s, the time period in which the level is currently thought to have taken place. There isn't one there now either. Remember, nothing is too absurd for Zombies. One often ignored, and still unexplained phenomenon is the mud pits in Area 51. Area 51 is in a desert, and deserts are usually dry. The Cretaceous Period had a wet climate. And remember, nothing in Zombies is in any way based on fact.

I have digressed from my original topic: the continuation of the Zombies storyline. As is commonly known, missiles were launched from the Moon during the level's Easter egg. Those missiles crashed into Earth, and inevitably caused a mass extinction killing every human on Earth similar to the extinction that killed the dinosaurs. But if my hypothesis is correct and "Moon" did take place 65 million years ago, the extinction wouldn't have been similar to the one that killed the dinosaurs, it would have been the extinction that killed the dinosaurs.

The title of the Easter egg is "Richtofen's Grand Scheme." What reason would Richtofen have to kill everyone on Earth? If the dinosaurs didn't die out, humans wouldn't exist now. Maybe Richtofen's scheme was to kill off the dinosaurs so that humans could come to exist. The truth is, we won't know if any of this is true until the next game arrives this November. We'll just have to wait.

To wrap things up, I'll tie up some loose ends. Some people believe Area 51 isn't on Earth. If you look to the sky on Area 51, you will see the same image of Earth that you see while on the Moon. This is because Area 51 is actually in the same map as Moon, not a separate one. If you use NoClip to explore the map and go just beyond the Biodome, you will be able to reach Area 51 without the use of a teleporter. Since the two locations are in the same map, the same image of Earth will be seen from both locations. It is unavoidable. At least Treyarch knew it would raise some questions. They sure do like being cryptic. Also, many people have noticed that if you die on "Moon," no music plays. This has lead some players to believe there will be no more zombies in Treyarch's next game. Previously, the song from the next map's musical Easter egg played when you died. "115" from "Kino Der Toten" even played when you died in "Der Riese." But this is because "Kino Der Toten" was originally going to be in World at War. When Treyarch didn't add a fifth map pack, the map was moved to Black Ops. There was no extra map pack planned for Black Ops. Therefore, there's no musical Easter egg for the next map- yet, and no music at the end of "Moon."

The point of this post was not to suggest that the next set of Zombie maps will take place 65 million years ago. If the characters teleported back in time, they can teleport forward again. But the point of the thread was to suggest that maybe Richtofen didn't end humanity by sending the missiles in the Easter egg. If my theory is correct, modern Earth is quite intact in the Zombies story, and ready for a whole new set of zombie adventures in Treyarch's next game.

EDIT: I am aware that this is not the only place on the internet where this theory is posted. I realized that the Earth didn't look like modern Earth and did some research, and found out that it looked more like Cretaceous Earth. After that, I did some internet searching to find out if this theory was posted elsewhere, and it is. However, it was not posted on any forums huge among the Zombies community, like this one. Someone in a later post mentioned the website Playthegame.co. Before posting this, I had never heard of that website. The first image of Earth in this post is a screenshot of a Youtube video from a player who NoClipped to Earth and took a picture. I discovered this video while searching for my theory elsewhere on the internet. I was not the first person to think of this, true. But I discovered it on my own. If I had used anyone else's research and work, I would have cited it. The only thing here that came from anyone else's work was the first picture, which has now been cited. I am not a plagiarizer, please don't accuse me of being one.

*EDIT* Forum user Thunderwaffe (who replied to this thread) has proposed another theory as to why Earth looks different. Tectonic plates are still moving. Maybe the Earth seen in Moon is Earth millions of years from now, not millions of years in the past. This would explain the fact that in Moon, there's a moon base. Great theory, Thunderwaffe!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Visible side? The first image is just a close-up of what you see from the map. It is not the other side of Earth. A player used NoClip to get close to the Earth and took a screenshot. That is the exact same image you see while on the Moon in Zombies. Next time you play "Moon," look up at Earth and see for yourself.

Huh? Visible side? The first image is just a close-up of what you see from the map. It is not the other side of Earth. A player used NoClip to get close to the Earth and took a screenshot. That is the exact same image you see while on the Moon in Zombies. Next time you play "Moon," look up at Earth and see for yourself.

Ooops, well still, I didn't see the resemblance between the images so I assumed they were pictures of the other side of the Earth, my bad.

Edit: Okay yeah I see it now [brains]

Edit again: Actually, wait a minute, when we teleport to area 51 (to the present), why is the sky still red as if the missiles recently hit?

Wow wow wow wow. One of the most original posts I have ever seen on this website, as well as some amazing evidence taken from the game. And you only have 7 posts. Absolutely incredible. This could be groundbreaking.

PC players, do us a favor an no clip around the earth to see what you can find.

There's only one problem I can find with this: was there a moon base on the moon 65 million years ago? This would lead to unavoidable paradoxes.

I'm no theorist, I'm a strategist, but I think I know an Asylum post when I see one. And I think this definitely belongs there.

Awesome post, Spock. Best theory I've seen in a while.

EDIT: I have to wait to give brains. But I'll be back.

Good theory, HOWEVER, I am confident this was taken from PlaytheGame.co. They had recently published a series on their ideas behind the zombies story. One common them we and PTG are trying to build with each other is a trust system were ideas can be accredited where they are due. That is why I am asking you, if you honestly know that Playthegame had created an idea EXTREMELY SIMILAR to this, then at least mention them, or give them credit if it was completely created by them.

On the other hand, if this is entirely your idea, I can see implementations to the story, but it STILL does not account sever factors in the story, and seems like a bit of a stretch in my honest opinion for me to personally stay one way or the other what those missiles did. It could have been anything from exposing the Black Sun to setting the human race into motion. Only time will tell.

I am sorry I have to be johnny rain cloud in this thread, but understand I have my reasons. I can not know if this is your idea and I probably will never know, so I am not going to really ask you if it is or not. I am just telling you what needs to be said.

sploding the Earth wasn't Richtofens Grand Scheme, his grand scheme was to switch souls with Sam. Missiles hitting Earth was Maxis. and I don't think the missiles would've killed everyone. also we don't have knowledge that we can travel back in time, only forward. Also there is a possiblity that there could be a musical easter egg in the next map, I believe they left it out so they could create the illusion of this being the end, but treyarch actually told us that there will be more maps to come so I'm not entirely sure of which zombies players you speak of.

ZOTD he mentioned that in his post, first thing I was gonna talk about.

I realised that as soon as I posted it :lol:

But seriously, would Area 51 still be red? That is no graphical glitch.

he says that moon and area 51 both take place 65 million years ago. based offf of mud which can be explained by it being a buliding which more than likely contains plumbing and it can spring a leak.

well if people came back from time to another era and established a small civilization they would probably name it, so maybe they named it groom lake. and OH MY GOD why do I keep supporting ideas I don't like! this is the second time I'm doing this.

Well figure out a way to argue it!

I think the probability of them setting up area 51 65 million years ago is kinda small to be honest. I'll just leave it at that.

well of course I can argue it but for some reason I have this deep desire to state my take on this. for instance if they could colonize the moon an airless rock then why would colonizing earth millions of years ago be any harder? but of course there hasn't been any proof that we can travel back in time only forwards so there goes that.

Good theory, HOWEVER, I am confident this was taken from PlaytheGame.co. They had recently published a series on their ideas behind the zombies story. One common them we and PTG are trying to build with each other is a trust system were ideas can be accredited where they are due. That is why I am asking you, if you honestly know that Playthegame had created an idea EXTREMELY SIMILAR to this, then at least mention them, or give them credit if it was completely created by them.

I don't even know what Playthegame.co is. Therefore, I didn't plagiarize. If I did get this from Playthegame.co, I would have cited it. Please don't accuse me of plagiarism.

well of course I can argue it but for some reason I have this deep desire to state my take on this. for instance if they could colonize the moon an airless rock then why would colonizing earth millions of years ago be any harder? but of course there hasn't been any proof that we can travel back in time only forwards so there goes that.

It's Zombies, for crying out loud! Zombies don't really exist. If zombies can exist in the storyline, then backwards time travel can exist in the storyline. Like I said, nothing is too absurd for Zombies.

It's Zombies, for crying out loud! Zombies don't really exist. If zombies can exist in the storyline, then backwards time travel can exist in the storyline. Like I said, nothing is too absurd for Zombies.

The zombies were explained well, though, through science. I'm sure they would be able to backwards travel, but a lot of going back 65 million years ago doesn't make sense. They wouldn't be able to communicate to the rest of Richtofen's group back in 1945, that's for sure, and that would be necessary for Richtofen to carry out his plans.

I don't even know what Playthegame.co is. Therefore, I didn't plagiarize. If I did get this from Playthegame.co, I would have cited it.

In that case then, thank you for your co-operation.