Zombies: Sequel ideas

Jmasta7

What's happenin' zombie slayers? Of course, as a major zombie fan, I HAVE to put in my 2 cents when it comes to the development of the next Zombie game. I was in love with Black Ops Zombies the first time I ever played "Five", which still is my favorite map ever created in the history of zombies. I can see you typing now, please, save your arguments for which map is the best, for later. Right now we must discuss the future of Zombies. I was one of those guys who went on ridiculous solo runs that went more than one sitting, more than one day. I made it to round 77 on Ascension, round 64 on Kino Der Toten, and round 55 on Moon. Being at higher rounds like that, especially during my Ascension game, I am on the side of many other zombie commentators on YouTube, it is grueling. Yes, we want to have that high round game in our arsenal to prove our skill, but it is very painful to get there. We have to run trains for sometimes more than a half hour on end, just to beat a single round. Train, Thundergun, train, Thundergun, train, trap....it's too repetitive. For those reaching higher rounds, there has to be something that keeps the game interesting. I know the game is about survival. Type survival into a thesaurus, you may find endurance. I realize that higher rounds require endurance, and to sustain a level of play that will not lead you to death. If you're good enough, you can run the trains without dying for a long time, and that proves you're good at running trains and all, but I think there needs to be another aspect to it.

So, I'm not here to complain and leave Treyarch to solve the issue.

There could be a simple resolution to this: Simply, make the zombies smarter. Although zombies are portrayed as stupid, brainless, and dumb, I think a little intelligence would make the game interesting. Players can agree, zombies gets really exciting when you're gunning them up, but at the same time you're weaving in and out of massive packs, darting past them in a narrow hallway, and pulling "mad zombie jukes". If you were to update the zombies' AI, you could get it so that they would refuse to get in a pack and would attack you from a formation that does not allow running trains. Zombies would spread out and instead of stupidly grouping together, they would radiate outward, to cover a larger area. Now players are forced to squeeze in between 1-3 zombies multiple times to get to a safe shooting area, instead of running one quick loop and having zombies mindlessly lope in pursuit, ripe for the picking (of heads).

To me, it is most exciting when I have to navigate in between a lot of zombies to reach a certain point (like the elevator on Five) and you cant just train them so easily. Hopefully this will make the game more difficult, and therefore the best players might be getting to round 25ish instead of 70's, 80's, 90's and of course 100's.

Thank you -- Jmasta7

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to sound mean here, but this is a terrible idea. The highest round I have been to without running a "train" is 41 on ascension just camping in the spawn with rayguns spraying away then throwing gersches when we ran out of ammo. But after about 40 you have to run because you cant kill the zombies fast enough and you will get overrun. And just to let you know 77, 64, and especially 55 arent even high rounds. you probably just dont know how to kill them fast enough to make the rounds go by fast. have been to 60 on ascension on co-op in 3 hours then lagged out.

So you're clearly a really good zombie player, but those high rounds weren't boring for you at all? To me, it really got old after a while. Maybe I just have a short attention span.

***side note***

just realized that you were playing co-op, I have never gone very far in co-op, nor do I even play it that often. I don't have friends that like zombies/know how to play it well at all, and randoms basically suck every time. I'll give co-op a shot and see how that is.