Ray Gun Damage

Stats taken from: http://www.eaglesorbit.com/zombie/weapons/five.php

Looking at the stats, you can see that the maximum damage the Ray Gun and Porter's Ray Gun can do against a single zombie are 270000 and 480000 respectively. Divide that by the maximum ammo for each (180 and 240 respectively) and you get their maximum splash damage (1500 and 2000). But looking at the charts, it says the Ray Gun and its Pack a Punched variant do 1000 damage, which I assume is some form of penetration damage. What gives?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out that site before for zombie count research. It does have some errors. But what makes you do research on this splash damage? I don't see any use in this. All I know is to just shoot in the horde to save ammo. I wouldn't remember zombies health at any any given round so I wouldn't care about splash damage. Sorry just playing devil's advocate. i give you credit for the work though.

I wanted to look into it a little after I read this topic: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=20016

It seems possible that the penetration damage isn't included at all, and after reading that, I thought it may have mirrored how it worked in the game, although it may have just been a mistake. If it did work like that in the game, then that could've been one of the possible explanations.

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd.

I checked out that site before for zombie count research. It does have some errors. But what makes you do research on this splash damage? I don't see any use in this. All I know is to just shoot in the horde to save ammo. I wouldn't remember zombies health at any any given round so I wouldn't care about splash damage. Sorry just playing devil's advocate. i give you credit for the work though.

Yes, but this site I've found to be more accurate than any other.