Least downs or most kills?

No idea if this is the right section but anyway.

What do you think is better? Having the most kills or the least downs.

I think it's the least downs, it means you're better at surviving and therefore you should get to higher rounds easier. With the most kills it's all about having a powerful weapon. If someone had the most kills but the most downs I wouldn't consider him/her to be the better player.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, neither stat always tells the right tale.

With kills, it's becoming somewhat common in the high rounds to use a merge and kill strategy, i.e. 2 players will gather a train each, then run and join them together and one player will kill them with a wonderweapon. One player will end up having all of the kills, but doesn't necessarily mean that player did more work than the other player.

Downs can also be misleading. Example, a game on Ascension I did with Tom to round 60, I had 11 downs. On the scoreboard, doesn't look so good. However in reality, 5 of those came from my controller battery dieing on me and me not being prepared for it. 3 of them came from messing about at the end of the game cuz I knew we were quitting. 1 came from a suicide at the end. So only 2 genuine downs, both because I was running a difficult train that gave me most of the zombies because I had the Thundergun, 2 downs is pretty respectful considering I was running this difficult train for a few hours and both those downs were because of Thundergun fails when I needed it most :lol:

It's of course good to have a low amount of downs and it never looks good to have 5+ downs on the scoreboard, but often between yourself and your teammates, some of these don't even get counted.