New Adrenaline Bar/Special Ability Bar

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like it!! ;) Perhaps each player could walk into a match as a different role. umm..say if u were to be a tank the adrenaline bar once full would grant immunity and increased aggro. or the healer role would get the second chance abilty and a lazarus touch. There would need to b 2 other roles tho maybe a gunsmith(walking PaP) or a hunter(trap construction). idk just spitballin but thats a cool idea that u had Right Direct i would give u brains but i live in America. :lol:

i like it!! ;) Perhaps each player could walk into a match as a different role. umm..say if u were to be a tank the adrenaline bar once full would grant immunity and increased aggro. or the healer role would get the second chance abilty and a lazarus touch. There would need to b 2 other roles tho maybe a gunsmith(walking PaP) or a hunter(trap construction). idk just spitballin but thats a cool idea that u had Right Direct i would give u brains but i live in America. :lol:

I like this idea that u could have 4 different characters with each special adrenaline bar ability.

This sound realy cool!It is not bad at all and we need invations major ones not just add ons!!!

I still feel its a good idea as well. Having a role system would encourage team play and could include a leveling system as well. ummm...the stamina/overcharge/energy bar could be charged by kills but this only work with the aid of a drop of some sort. Perhaps something called carnage (charges all stamina bars 5% every 5 secs for 20 seconds) Maybe its a departure from classic zombies but what could a little change hurt. oh and thanx for the brains :twisted: mmmmm...delishious

It would be awesome, but it's just not COD.

an ability that allowed you to explode after diving off an elevated platform wasn't COD either, who cares. It's zombies.

I like the idea of an ability bar that can be filled by kills or kills after a certain powerup is dropped. If there are special zombies that come every 5 rounds(doubtful), a powerup that replenishes the bar could work as well. Similar to the bonfire sale from the Pentagon thief. Maybe the abilities shouldn't be class-based. Perhaps, there are different abilities that can be used by every player or maybe even just one new ability shared among the players to keep it simple (like the dolphin dive). In my list of special abilities, the abilities are pretty powerful. So, the use of powerful abilities would be possible only sparingly.

My ideas for special abilities:

1. a short burst of speed that stumbles zombies out of your way (could be lethal or nonlethal; used for a quick escape)

2. rage mode similar to dead island; with character-oriented weapons. (one-hit melees; Nikolai=broken vodka bottle, Takeo=katana, etc.)

3. proximity repulsion (blasts nearby zombies away from players; lethal or nonlethal like when the Thundergun doesn't kill)

Keep in mind that these are just ideas and the way they might be implemented into the game could be by use of devices. Meaning these abilities don't have to seem like special powers that don't make sense(..but zombies make sense)

logical problems (that aren't just delivered because I don't like the idea of the game changing):

1. the special abilities shouldn't give points (assuming they kill zombies in some way) unless all abilities grow points equally

2. in higher rounds a special ability bar is harder to fill because the zombies are difficult to kill without a wonder weapon (isn't the fact that zombies are too hard to kill the outlying problem? the abilities would just become obsolete like non-PaPed guns and all sorts of early round strategies do. Besides, most people don't have to worry about that anyway)

illogical problems

1. it's different :(

OK,guys for all of you not believers and peoples who say it is not just cod!Now i have bought COD 3 from Treyarch the one before W@W !and there is stamina cyrcle in it!.so for example!when u ran and u use all your stamina u can not jump u have to wait to refill it up!and there is more,it was here alredy in multiplayer and it could it be here again i know it is good idea.

It would be awesome, but it's just not COD.

an ability that allowed you to explode after diving off an elevated platform wasn't COD either, who cares. It's zombies.

That was a perk, not an edition to the way the game works.

It was both a perk and an "addition" to how the game could be played. My point was that PHd F. was different than any other perk to come beforehand. It was ridiculous and humorous at first, but eventually people found ways to implement it.

My main gripe with zombies is that most new additions are constrained to maps, weapons, or perks. I would like fresh gameplay. I've made 50 plus on 4 maps now (Including Der Riese on WaW and BO) and the game only becomes more stale with each high round. I'm not saying this "special ability" idea should be added to a game, but the community should be open to newer ideas that could keep people playing zombies for longer, for fun and not for high rounds.

That was a perk, not an edition to the way the game works.

It was both a perk and an "addition" to how the game could be played.

I should probably say that I meant edition as a form of edit. PhD was more of an optional thing, with the choice of buying it to activate all of its fun stuff.

I should probably say that I meant edition as a form of edit. PhD was more of an optional thing, with the choice of buying it to activate all of its fun stuff.

understood. I guess that is the fear of most people who want the formula to remain the same; that they would have to adjust to something "too" different. Although, I would argue each succeeding zombie map has had those gameplay changes that players needed to adapt to. Nothing as radical as the proposed ideas on this page though.