FIVE strategy vids - rounds 1-10 & 10+ basement/labs strats

Superhands

Hey guys, so a lot of people struggle to get through the first 10 rounds in solo play so I figured I'd create a little strategy guide to point-whore and get the Bowie on round 4 or 5, show you how to deal with the first couple of Pentagon Thief rounds and a general before-round-10 strategy.

I'll then demonstrate the strategy I've been using for a while to run the laboratory/basement safely and effectively, a strategy which has multiple benefits and is a great alternative to running the War Room; unbeatable for staying out of the way if your teammates are running around like headless chickens in other areas :lol:

We'll begin with the starting strategy, I've written a round-by-round explanation of what's going on in the video and the video will follow:

Rounds 1-10 strategy

Round 1 - Just knife

Round 2 - Double knife the first 3 zombies, then 8 shots to the chest and a knife for the rest. This will ensure dropping a powerup at the end of the round that can be used in round 3. Make sure to let the last zombie in so he can drop something - you may choose to go for a headshot on this zombie to make sure you don't accidentally collect the drop. Ideally, this drop will be a Max Ammo or x2. A Carpenter or Nuke will also give a few extra points for doing nothing between rounds. Instakills also make things a little easier if you're out of ammo.

Round 3 - If you have ammo, 8 shots to the chest and knife. If not, 3 knifes. They'll most likely start pouring in this round - use the whole area to keep on the move. Fix all windows at the end of the round.

Round 4 - Same strategy as round 3 here. When the zombies start pouring in, open the door and elevator for an escape route.

Use the area near the elevator to keep slashing the zombies, sticking to one side of the room like I am in the video so you can run round them for more space. Save 6750 points before leaving this area to make your way to the Bowie Knife.

First Thief round - Let him take your gun, then chase him down and kill him with the Bowie Knife. Use the Firesale to try and get a nice gun, but KEEP YOUR PISTOL.

Rounds before 10 - Use the Mule Kick area in the War Room to knife the zombies, also shooting your pistol ammo into groups before knifing them to gain huge points.

Buy Juggernog when you can afford it.

Upgrade your pistol when you can afford it in preparation of the next Pentagon Thief round.

Open the 2 War Room barricades next, then start circling the whole area, knifing zombies as you pass by them.

Second Thief round - Let the thief take your other gun i.e. NOT the Mustang & Sally. Then get a little distance between yourself and him and take him out with the M&S. Collect and use your Firesale

We do not want to kill the thief before he takes our other gun here - doing this will drop a Bonfire Sale that decreases the price of a PaP to 1000 points; very useful for later, but until you have your ideal weapon set-up, a regular Firesale is much more valuable.

dQftIBD1czE

Laboratories/Basement running strategy

This is a strategy I've been using for a while, works well in solo and very well in co-op. It's a nice easy strategy, you just need to practice the window jumping part a little to get used to it - you basically press jump and press crouch immediately afterwards just before you reach the window. Jumping through the windows using the route shown allows you to avoid all of the dangerous spots in the area, and you can also use the teleporters as a sub-route.

I think the main selling point of this strategy is the freely-available AK74u ammo, which is en-route in this loop.

In the video I also show safe shooting points in which you can turn and spray at your horde.

I'd recommend not shooting as a full spawn is coming in, but if you use the correct shooting points a few zombies respawning shouldn't cause you any problems. So basically don't shoot at the start of a round or after a Nuke, any other time works fine.

I'd recommend shooting the gas crawlers at the higher rounds - not only do they have lower health than the zombies, but the gas explosion also does a lot of damage to any nearby zombies too.

There's also a little bonus of an alternate and extremely easy Pentagon Thief strategy at the start of the video, basically creating a Claymore stack out of the zombies' way just next to Juggernog. Since his health maxes out at about round 30, this will work at any round.

gq_ZQK4L82s

Be sure to check my full FIVE strategy guide HERE

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice lil guide here,

Nice to see someone else representing the lab strategy,

A nice challenge for any zombie veteran,

I love FIVE its arguably the best map imo.

The only annoying thing is that ive got to round 40+ only for the leadboards not to record the game - argh!

(Feeling a little less ignored now i hope :))

Have a little look at the FIVE section in my guide project linked in my description mate, there you'll find my choice of weapons, when I buy them and how I like to use them ;) Although, personally on solo I rarely buy wall weapons on FIVE, just Bowie til 10 before I hit the box, I also sometimes use the M&S to gather up and take out hordes to get through the rounds quicker between 10-30. Running the lab strat with the AK could be a nice strategy for point-whoring at round 10+ though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

in co-op games I actually find running the labs just as easy as running the War Room,

Oh yes - ak74u ammo - 3 box points and some gas crawlers for some quick and easy kills,

I just love jump-ducking to avoid that sticky situation - that feeling of accomplishment that had you not made that split second descision - you would be down.

....think i'll be playing a bit of five tonight now lol

Hmm, this is interesting. Only reason I haven't done much of a Five run is because the really high rounds take like a minute and a half using the trap strategy. It just takes way too long for me, I've got a couple things to try now when I get back home Saturday, going for world record in co-op flood the market (I already have solo), an actually successful Ascension this time for the channel, and this for fun, thanks for bumping and showing me this :roll:

I prefer running just the pig room, and when I run out of ammo go to the AK with crossbow/winter's fury out then go back. The pig room is a very flexible spot that can be run in various ways and directions with the two tables and escape windows and there's even a few large areas where you can do a Half-moon train if you need to. My partner runs the def-con room and if he goes down I take teleporter (and lift if it take me to top) If I go down he takes the lift. And we use claymore stockpiles for thief. We got to 38 yesterday and could've kept going but I had to go so we killed ourselves.

I prefer to just run the pig room too actually, if you have a Ray Gun you can circle up small groups and kill them very quickly which helps speed the game along.

This is just a strategy that I thought I'd show as it's nice and laid back, good for a game where you just wanna take it easy ;)

To be honest I'm kinda afraid to run the basement, I'll attempt a run soon though just to try it out... thanks for the guide! :D

You should - follow this strat and you wont be dissapointed - get a team mate running in the war room and watch your score on the leaderboard climb! :)

...(if it records) hehe