And so, the leaks begin.

I've started to notice more confirmation of a Black Ops sequel across the internet more recently, and wanted to remind the newer guys (and the older guys (and girls) alike) that there should be NO posting of leaks here on CoDz.

Some might say "But Shapeshifter, you're not in charge", (with crude grammar, mind you) and I know this.

But the Code Of Conduct says otherwise.

9. NO LEAKED INFORMATION: Under no circumstances should you post leaked information on CoDz,(Pictures/Articles/Videos/Links). Doing so will result in the Topic/Post being deleted & warnings being issued, repeat offenders will be banned, then onto Permanent banning. This is for your own good as others have lost their youtube channels & such due to copy right infringements. If in doubt DO NOT POST IT, you have been warned.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Regards,

Shapeshifter

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Treyarch would not mind the leak or that it was intentional, then it is probably ok to post it...

However, if you think it is a critical leak that would anger Treyarch or more likely Activision, then do not risk posting it until it has been approved by a Mod or Admin.

I would like to point people to the PM system. There are no rules about discussing leaks in private messages.

Just don't send them to everyone please.

Regards Alpha.

If you think Treyarch would not mind the leak or that it was intentional, then it is probably ok to post it...

However, if you think it is a critical leak that would anger Treyarch or more likely Activision, then do not risk posting it until it has been approved by a Mod or Admin.

I would like to point people to the PM system. There are no rules about discussing leaks in private messages.

Just don't send them to everyone please.

Regards Alpha.

^This, you read my mind Alpha! I was just too tired to rationalize it out like this... lol

I hope all moderators have there gaurds up because we are going to probably see a bunch of fakers claiming they played the new maps, or are in treyarch saying a bunch of BS, these really annoy :facepalm:

Thanks for the reminder Shape, I think a lot of us (including me :lol: ) forgot about this rule :)

Regards Yellow-card8

Anyone else find it wired that the leaks start coming out EIGHT MONTHS before release?

Nope, I mean who are we to question an army of PR Ninjas. They are probably just testing the waters and gaining some data they can use to

A) Justify their jobs and salarys

B) Use data to further stereotyping of demographics...refers back to A.

C) In honesty I couldnt think of any other reason they would dump a leak 8 months early, at least not one that would conform to logic and reason.

D) It might have been a genuine slip up, I dont think it was though.

• 2 weeks later...

If we do see some of these "offending leaks" should users such as myself use the report button? Or should we just contact some of the mods about it?

If there is a preferred way of dealing with these leaks I think we should come up with a way of dealing with them that we all can agree on.