Medals - What are they and how do they work? [UPDATE]

LiamFTWinter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it isn't finalized yet. Like Liam said, we're still working on it a bit to improve it. But generally, that's the basic gist of how it will look.

Its looking good :)

Hows the server side? Are you prepared for Black Ops 2 release :D

Yeah, it isn't finalized yet. Like Liam said, we're still working on it a bit to improve it. But generally, that's the basic gist of how it will look.

Its looking good :)

Hows the server side? Are you prepared for Black Ops 2 release :D

We're working on that as well. We've been looking into changing hosts and hopefully upgrading the server, so hopefully we'll learn more about that soon enough. :)

Not to sound pushy, but about how long do you suppose the new theme and medals will be introduced, give or take?

I don't really have a date set in stone, but I'm hoping to get both out as soon as possible. Once things get a bit closer, I'll be sure to let everyone know. It will require various forum updates and so most likely those will be done overnight so that most users won't be online when the forums go down for those updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have no idea, but it makes the most sense to have the staff alone, keep their colors. Where as everything else, will be replaced by the medals displayed on your profile.

Which reminds me, given the change of theme and all, will the staff colors also change? Or will they remain the same?

Will doners keep the purple? Or is it only mods and dwellers that keep their fany pants colours?

I think it's going to be staff only (Dwellers and above). Donors will most likely get some sweet medal for donating instead of the colored name. I'm anxious to see it as well!

Main post has been updated with some release date info!

We need moar members naow!!!

:lol:

:lol: agreed! We need 26 members NOW!

i hate the idea of this,it's stupid who even thought of this.

why are you taking away the survivor/veteran groups

it doesnt feel fair at all

Can I please hear your reasoning behind this? It's a valid feeling, but change is inevitable in this day and age. I'll try to ease some of your concerns. Survivor and Veteran groups are not being removed but rather, being transformed into shiny, new medals for everyone to have that qualifies and chooses to apply for said medals.

i hate the idea of this,it's stupid who even thought of this.

why are you taking away the survivor/veteran groups

it doesnt feel fair at all

Think of it like a way to show all of what you have done. Sure, I like my blue, but the medals mean I can show my other accomplishments to others at the same time. I'm sure there are people who are Veterans, Donors, and are in the Richtofen group all at the same time. Is it fair to them that they only get to show off one group? Just wait and see how you like it.