CODZ youtube - NEW INTRO IN ORIGINAL POST (opinions please)

Chopper

Has this gone anywhere recently? If the only thing holding the channel back is a intro, I say just start and work on an intro as the channel goes along. Also, who all would be able to upload on this channel, a certain group of people? How would one get into this group of people? I hope the idea to start the youtube back up becomes a reality and doesnt just sit here.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'm also very interested in this as well. Major points have been made here, and I honestly don't see what could be holding the YouTube channel back from restoration besides filtering what kind of content should be displayed and what shouldn't.

Just so everyone can get a better definition on the subject, what do you say should be allowed to be on the channel if we are given the OK to do so?

I believe it was already wrote what we should have, but I'll try to remember from scratch.

Anything from World at War, Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 2 Zombies really. Though no repeat guides of an easter egg or tutorial. But it can also just show challenges, 4p matches with CoDz members, neat tips and tricks, even story theories if we really wanted to.

Here we go! It was from you. :lol:

A schedule can only work if everyone agrees to it. They are very easy to mismanage, and be quite troublesome if you're off by even one particular time/day. The first come, first serve basis will work accordingly because it forces other uploaders to pick up the slack and match the rate in which videos are shipped out. In no way am I promoting speed over quality.

If it really is bothersome to have that, then perhaps make the videos strictly by the consensus of the original uploader (one who manages channel) via filters. This means:

[*:2rszvduz]no duplicate videos
    [*:2rszvduz]guides for Easter Egg steps must be covered in a maximum of two parts (unless it hasn't been solved yet)
    [*:2rszvduz]strategies, persistent upgrades, and new discoveries can only be uploaded once [ex. Buddha Room, dragon rooftops]
    [*:2rszvduz]storyline discoveries (or anything related to it) must be conveyed efficiently in one video and cannot be replicated

Filters such as these will repeat repetitive videos and trivial content that does not benefit anyone other that the uploader.

I think it would be awesome to see a nuch of videos outlining some of the biggest and best CoDz theories. A lot of them could still be relevant with s little tweaking here and there. On top of this, it would include the stuff mentioned above. Gameplay, stratergies, new theories, it could even outline updates to the forum etc.

Maybe, just maybe, if they would be up for it, it could also upload the Podcast Der Toten podcasts? Personally I think that it is something interesting for all Zombies fans and it would certainly get it some more exposure. Of course it would be up to you guys running it, I just thought it would be cool :lol:

I think we need to get together a group of people to properly discuss this one day. Kind of like a staff meeting kind of thing but with some of us regular users invited along. We can discuss the fine details and we can get this thing up and running. To me it just doesn't seem logical to let the YouTube channel go to waste.

-Jolteon

Sound idea Jolteon. PDT is proven to be popular, and heck, you could even put some gameplay in or just show footage of what is actually being talked about if the guys really desire. But I know it would need to be reviewed since it would essentially be representing CoDz, which is why it's not called CoDzCast anymore.

We need one of those CoDz meetings we had ages ago where the staff live streamed it or something, but you could give your opinion and views on Skype. There were lots of participants from memory.

Need more input from lots of people!

Sound idea Jolteon. PDT is proven to be popular, and heck, you could even put some gameplay in or just show footage of what is actually being talked about if the guys really desire. But I know it would need to be reviewed since it would essentially be representing CoDz, which is why it's not called CoDzCast anymore.

We need one of those CoDz meetings we had ages ago where the staff live streamed it or something, but you could give your opinion and views on Skype. There were lots of participants from memory.

Need more input from lots of people!

We could at least advertise the podcast on the channel if not post the podcast on it :)

I completely agree. We need to have a big open meeting. There are actually a bunch of things that the community may wish to discuss so it would be seriously beneficial to the overall functioning of the site if we could all do a big gwet together.

-Jolteon

I think I can speak on behalf of the PDT crew that we would love to be featured, but like Rissole said, we aren't "official", hence why we put the disclaimer. We have a channel of our own that'll be used for that purpose in the future, anyway, and like Jolteon suggested, I wouldn't be opposed to any "advertising" of the sort. I mean, if we do get the CoDZ YouTube channel up and running again, who's to say I won't help contribute anyway? ;)

Seriously, though, I want to see this channel reach beyond its limits. If I can help in any way, just PM me or something of the sort.

the more and more I think about it - I feel like we should just get an individual to be in charge of the youtube. Preferably someone who knows youtube, and maybe even has a name for themselves.

in-house: obvious choices would be stwrsbob, chopper (if he had the time), rofl, jolteon.

this individual would be in charge of updating, uploading, approving, etc. think of it as a "moderator" for our youtube, but DEDICATED to it.

at this point, it's like a town meeting - but no one is running it. we're all chiming in ideas, but unfortunately no one can do anything about it. we need a leader to step up, to which we can all convey our ideas and have change be done.

I suggest that we make a new thread, and hold nominations for who we see best fit to run the youtube (and yes, you can nominate yourself). If we can show stwrsbob that we have an individual who is accountable, then I think we could be good to go... intro or not.

and also... on the intro... whoever we elect will be the end all for that. They will be responsible for either deciding on a new stock intro, or coming up with a custom intro in a timely fashion.

the timing is NIGH codz, WHAT SAY YOU? WHAT SAY YOU?

I would love the chance to do that! I do have a name for my self there so if you guys need some one still I'm always free. GRILL I will follow you on a fierey Pegasus through the gates of Oblivion if that's what your asking..

in-house: obvious choices would be stwrsbob, chopper (if he had the time), rofl, jolteon.

Haha I'm flattered :lol: I would be more than happy to do this of course, should the rest of the Forum be ok with it, but I wouldn't wish to intrude if the community wasn't ok with it :)

at this point, it's like a town meeting - but no one is running it. we're all chiming in ideas, but unfortunately no one can do anything about it. we need a leader to step up, to which we can all convey our ideas and have change be done.

I suggest that we make a new thread, and hold nominations for who we see best fit to run the youtube (and yes, you can nominate yourself). If we can show stwrsbob that we have an individual who is accountable, then I think we could be good to go... intro or not.

You've pretty much summed it up perfectly. The problem we hve is that right now there is nobody willing to take charge and put the extra effort it. There are plenty of people willing to do it, but we have to remember whoever is in charge is directly representing CoDz and so they have to someone that can be trusted with the responsibilty to the death. Personally I think we need somebody who is fairly well known in the Zombies community and is extremely trustworthy to take charge, and then the community can "submit" videos for the channel and that individual, or a group of individuals, can filter what should or should not go onto the channel.

On top of this, there can be a group of people that will regularly upload to the CoDz channel. Once again, these individuals will be trusted members of the community, not just any guy from the forum.

I dunno... It's a complicated aituation but I think in the long run it will only be beneficial to the forums.

Lord of the Rings reference FTW!!!

-Jolteon

Haha I'm flattered :lol: I would be more than happy to do this of course, should the rest of the Forum be ok with it, but I wouldn't wish to intrude if the community wasn't ok with it :)

You've pretty much summed it up perfectly. The problem we hve is that right now there is nobody willing to take charge and put the extra effort it. There are plenty of people willing to do it, but we have to remember whoever is in charge is directly representing CoDz and so they have to someone that can be trusted with the responsibilty to the death. Personally I think we need somebody who is fairly well known in the Zombies community and is extremely trustworthy to take charge, and then the community can "submit" videos for the channel and that individual, or a group of individuals, can filter what should or should not go onto the channel.

On top of this, there can be a group of people that will regularly upload to the CoDz channel. Once again, these individuals will be trusted members of the community, not just any guy from the forum.

I dunno... It's a complicated aituation but I think in the long run it will only be beneficial to the forums.

-Jolteon

I see what your saying.

Like having a group of of maybe 3 or however many directors and a moderator?

-Jolteon

I see what your saying.

Like having a group of maybe 3 or however many directors and a moderator?

Some one to filter videos and content and then you'll have a couple of people that represent CoDz as Directors working together and bring the community the best information and explanations that CoDz has to offer.

I agree Jolteon. But you said the problem yourself. No-one is willing to take charge, at least those who are the best candidates.

Grill's idea might spark a new initiative. Create a new thread. Nothing's happened after a year, and if nothing will come of it, than they should just tell us and lock this thread. This thread is depressing when you look at its created date, and it just seems like we are going in circles in it.

I think the new one should be created in the Members Lounge, might get more activity, support and ideas there, as well as a new resolve and fresh aspect.

Here's my last post on this thread..

Its seems to me that I'm being ignored but I do agree what with GRILL & jolteon (love that Pokemon)

What I'm confused about is how so much of what iv done here and contributed to our community is not seen? Iv even put my very own money towards CoDz and still do. I know that there are members who do that to. This community has been promoted in almost every video I do. I know my post maybe bad or you disagree or maybe there just to indepth, but I do know what's fact, what's false, and what's theory in zombies. This is all because I have the time and use it for this community. I am at a loss on why iv recently been ignored not by the community itself but the veterans and higher archy members in it. I challenge you to look and see how a publicly and openly display this fine community. There's a difference between wanting to do videos for the community and wanting to do them so that your the star. Selflessly I promote CoDz. Precious time I will never get back has gone to CoDz. I don't have to give up my time and some ask why I do.

Well I put my time, money, and recomendation into CoDz because I believe we have the best community that should be know for the great information we provide. In no way do I mean to stir up hurt feeling or hate. Instead I posted this to openly say that I am that person Call of Duty Zombies and I will no be afraid to say it because I know what iv done.

I'm here to help the community and you have my word... I have stood up who is next?

Requix, you're not being ignored. This is just one of those issues where it makes the most sense to nominate based on seniority - it's as simple as that. I think that everyone appreciates any kind of contribution, but that it does not immediately merit status or "the keys to the car" if you will. I am but a lowly serf, and surely I don't speak for everyone - so if anyone else can speak to the idea of seniority please do.

I would love the chance to do that! I do have a name for my self there so if you guys need some one still I'm always free. GRILL I will follow you on a fierey Pegasus through the gates of Oblivion if that's what your asking..

Moar of this ^^^^^^^^^^^ ;) Users like you & I (and plenty others) will be able to contribute to the community once we get it up and running. Once we establish directors, then it can really flourish. We just need a senior/veteran member to be accountable, thus insuring the quality & brand name of CoDz. This is not to say that you or I couldn't do that job and do it just as well.

Grill's idea might spark a new initiative. Create a new thread. Nothing's happened after a year, and if nothing will come of it, than they should just tell us and lock this thread. This thread is depressing when you look at its created date, and it just seems like we are going in circles in it.

I think the new one should be created in the Members Lounge, might get more activity, support and ideas there, as well as a new resolve and fresh aspect.

Will do, Rissole. I do indeed hope it brings back the YouTube initiative from the dead ( ;) ).

Well, as I see it - the person in charge would be able to elect "dwellers" of the youtube (if you will). The Youtube Mod wouldn't be alone, they'd have a bridge to the community. Everyone would be heard, and if their videos are up to par then the approval process will get easier as trusted directors emerge. So we have 3 tiers:

1 YouTube "Mod"

2-3 YouTube "dwellers"

5-10+ YouTube "CoDz directors"*

*it would be sweet to have a new color

Does that sound like a good system to everyone? If so, I'll incorporate it into the Member Lounge thread so that everyone will know the deal from the start.

-Jolteon

;)

Requix, you're not being ignored. This is just one of those issues where it makes the most sense to nominate based on seniority - it's as simple as that. I think that everyone appreciates any kind of contribution, but that it does not immediately merit status or "the keys to the car" if you will. I am but a lowly serf, and surely I don't speak for everyone - so if anyone else can speak to the idea of seniority please do.

Moar of this ^^^^^^^^^^^ ;) Users like you & I (and plenty others) will be able to contribute to the community once we get it up and running. Once we establish directors, then it can really flourish. We just need a senior/veteran member to be accountable, thus insuring the quality & brand name of CoDz. This is not to say that you or I couldn't do that job and do it just as well.

Will do, Rissole. I do indeed hope it brings back the YouTube initiative from the dead ( ;) ).

Well, as I see it - the person in charge would be able to elect "dwellers" of the youtube (if you will). The Youtube Mod wouldn't be alone, they'd have a bridge to the community. Everyone would be heard, and if their videos are up to par then the approval process will get easier as trusted directors emerge. So we have 3 tiers:

1 YouTube "Mod"

2-3 YouTube "dwellers"

5-10+ YouTube "CoDz directors"*

*it would be sweet to have a new color

Does that sound like a good system to everyone? I'll incorporate it into the Member Lounge thread so that everyone will know the deal from the start.

-Jolteon

;)

That is a very understandable way to get things going. Where is a Veteran so that he may standth upon thine alter of YouTube and boast most highly of ye that associate with CoDz! Stand! Lead us! For today GRILL we rise surfs but tomorrow we post as kings! THIS IS ZOMBIES!!! AHH

Sorry I just seen that last part in my head lol

That is a very understandable way to get things going. Where is a Veteran so that he may standth upon thine alter of YouTube and boast most highly of ye that associate with CoDz! Stand! Lead us! For today GRILL we rise surfs but tomorrow we post as kings! THIS IS ZOMBIES!!! AHH

indeed good sir, lol. At this point, thine Veteran appears to be darkjolteon. He has the most seniority out of the thread, and has experience with building a strong YT community. Of course I'm basing this on his participation in this thread too, as not many other 4 year+ members have been advocating for it.

I'm working on the draft thread for the member lounge today... should be up later tonight. If anyone can suggest any other legends/veterans/seniors that have been active in the CoDz & YT community and are as willing as darkjolteon, be my guest. :mrgreen: But until then... I think he's the most qualified & the most accountable (in terms of seniority).

indeed good sir, lol. At this point, thine Veteran appears to be darkjolteon. He has the most seniority out of the thread, and has experience with building a strong YT community. Of course I'm basing this on his participation in this thread too, as not many other 4 year+ members have been advocating for it.

I'm working on the draft thread for the member lounge today... should be up later tonight. If anyone can suggest any other legends/veterans/seniors that have been active in the CoDz & YT community and are as willing as darkjolteon, be my guest. :mrgreen: But until then... I think he's the most qualified & the most accountable (in terms of seniority).

Jolteon I choose you! Lol

I'm honoured that you guys have so much faith in me :D CoDz has called for a man to step up and be the man to lead from the front. I will answer that call.

However, I also call out to you CoDz. I call to you all to join me in a quest to not only make a successful YouTube channel, but I ask you to help me show the world that we are the best community out there and we are truly the best Zombies forum there is.

I bid you stand, MEN OF THE WEST!

-Jolteon

I'm honoured that you guys have so much faith in me :D CoDz has called for a man to step up and be the man to lead from the front. I will answer that call.

However, I also call out to you CoDz. I call to you all to join me in a quest to not only make a successful YouTube channel, but I ask you to help me show the world that we are the best community out there and we are truly the best Zombies forum there is.

I bid you stand, MEN OF THE WEST!

-Jolteon

RequixEclipse is a name I hope you remember friend. I shall post first on this 28th day of April, 2013 my allegance. I will follo you into posidens ocean and strip him from his trident and reclaim what is rightful CoDz!!!

As a member of this fine community I would like to say I strongly support this cause. It has been a long journey to get to this point and with a villaint effort we got results. That is the CoDz I know and RequixEclipse approves of this message.

Thanks

RequixEclipse