TEAMS

lissa110

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys! Wait until Sunday so we can figure everything out! Doggy this isn't a personal attack and you're just making it seem that way, we locked every team thread, not just yours. How is that a personal attack against you?

Two of my threads were locked. The one adressing people who wanted to create new teams, and the other was proposition to the mods. I don't think it was necessary to lock them, considering they weren't even in the Teammate finder section.

Right now, at this point, I still can't see the reason for the closure of the teams. First, you guys said that it was because they caused division. Then, it was because of the whole empire business, and now it's because of elitism. These uncertainties about your actions just make me think that the mods really were just tired of the teams and closed them because they felt like it. The whole empire business had a solution, and the other two things are still going to be present, even without the teams.

Even Nick confessed the real reason:

SOMEONE, is up on their high horse, thinking they are above everyone else, better than everyone else, even staff members. And this person decides not to tone things down and get off of their high horse. This person is also power hungry and should realize they won't be getting the power they want anytime soon. If you can't figure out who this person is, then I don't know what else to tell you.

You see? I really don't know who to believe anymore.

Guys! Wait until Sunday so we can figure everything out! Doggy this isn't a personal attack and you're just making it seem that way, we locked every team thread, not just yours. How is that a personal attack against you?

Two of my threads were locked. The one adressing people who wanted to create new teams, and the other was proposition to the mods. I don't think it was necessary to lock them, considering they weren't even in the Teammate finder section.

Right now, at this point, I still can't see the reason for the closure of the teams. First, you guys said that it was because they caused division. Then, it was because of the whole empire business, and now it's because of elitism. These uncertainties about your actions just make me think that the mods really were just tired of the teams and closed them because they felt like it. The whole empire business had a solution, and the other two things are still going to be present, even without the teams.

Even Nick confessed the real reason:

SOMEONE, is up on their high horse, thinking they are above everyone else, better than everyone else, even staff members. And this person decides not to tone things down and get off of their high horse. This person is also power hungry and should realize they won't be getting the power they want anytime soon. If you can't figure out who this person is, then I don't know what else to tell you.

You see? I really don't know who to believe anymore.

Come on man, the staff has already stated MULTIPLE TIMES that its not a personal attack and that there's not some big conspiracy or power play behind the scenes to "totally annihilate the teams" or whatever. The staff already said they are meeting to talk about this over the weekend, by pushing this issue now before they've had the meeting your only straining their good will. Just let it go and if you have a problem with the restructered plan for the teams, wait until AFTER you've seen what they plan to do instead of pointlessly causing us to go in circles by bringing up arguements again and again.

Just relax and wait and see what happens on sunday.

Ok for that thing Nick said, when you were sitting on skype arguing with everyone who was trying to talk to you. It got really annoying, and then you blame everything on Der Atzi? That pissed all of us off, we couldn't believe you had said that.

What he said was part of it, as is the multitude of teams, there are a lot of things going into this decision and it got to be too much. That is why we decided to do this, no personal vendetta's at all.

Everybody calm down, let it out. calmmmmmmmmm downnnnnnnnnnnn *droning out*

Please dont make it worse, you could make that creepy ronald mcdonald sitting at the corner of my bedroom to make a two arches glowing in the midair if this thread is not calm. :shock:

next time i gonna have a shotgun with me at my bed. if he does it again.

OKAY lets get back on track in a clam version.

Everybody calm down, let it out. calmmmmmmmmm downnnnnnnnnnnn *droning out*

Please dont make it worse, you could make that creepy ronald mcdonald sitting at the corner of my bedroom to make a two arches glowing in the midair if this thread is not calm. :shock:

next time i gonna have a shotgun with me at my bed. if he does it again.

OKAY lets get back on track in a clam version.

It's over mate. We shall all wait until Saturday.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, but from what I understand is that teams are affecting newcomers decisions, which i could see, but I'm not sure how much that is actually true. I don't know how long these teams have been on this site, but I know how long I have been, and not once have I been overwhelmed by an option to join one of these teams. I wasn't even aware of there existence until the issue was brought up as an announcement. If it has something to do with a sig or user bar, just ask for it to be removed for the time being. I personally don't ever look at sigs or user bars since I'm reading what people have to say, and since this is a forum for zombies, I believe that newcomers would do the same, instead of trying to just get into a team. As for the thread locking, If it seems fair to do so, I can't disagree, but I would suggest unlocking them, then monitoring them as so nothing could get to heavily out of hand. This issue has caused some issues within itself and is causing some people to leave or oppress the mods.

And doggy, i have no, for lack of a better term, "beef" with you and understand where your coming from with your discomfort with this, but please understand that they only want to help and do there job as moderators. If you feel as if this isn't fair, continue protesting, but don't be outlandish as to call it a personal attack. From what i understand, all team threads have been shut down, including yours, so it obviously isn't just you. The Moderators are just doing what they deem as right, and it is under fair judgement that they do so. If you don't trust them with this power, fine, but this site has been up for what? 2 years now, and is still up today due to the work that these people do. A society (CoDZ) without cops (moderators) would be subject to crimes and anarchy (trolling, flaming, etc.). All of this will be resolved in the meeting and you could easily suggest opinions during the chat.

In my time here at CoDZ, I have never witnessed trolling or flaming or anything else listed under the CoC, due to the work that the mods and community does. Trust them with their duty and in turn they'll find ways to make the experience here more enjoyable, including resolving the issues.

That is all.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, but from what I understand is that teams are affecting newcomers decisions, which i could see, but I'm not sure how much that is actually true. I don't know how long these teams have been on this site, but I know how long I have been, and not once have I been overwhelmed by an option to join one of these teams. I wasn't even aware of there existence until the issue was brought up as an announcement. If it has something to do with a sig or user bar, just ask for it to be removed for the time being. I personally don't ever look at sigs or user bars since I'm reading what people have to say, and since this is a forum for zombies, I believe that newcomers would do the same, instead of trying to just get into a team. As for the thread locking, If it seems fair to do so, I can't disagree, but I would suggest unlocking them, then monitoring them as so nothing could get to heavily out of hand. This issue has caused some issues within itself and is causing some people to leave or oppress the mods.

And doggy, i have no, for lack of a better term, "beef" with you and understand where your coming from with your discomfort with this, but please understand that they only want to help and do there job as moderators. If you feel as if this isn't fair, continue protesting, but don't be outlandish as to call it a personal attack. From what i understand, all team threads have been shut down, including yours, so it obviously isn't just you. The Moderators are just doing what they deem as right, and it is under fair judgement that they do so. If you don't trust them with this power, fine, but this site has been up for what? 2 years now, and is still up today due to the work that these people do. A society (CoDZ) without cops (moderators) would be subject to crimes and anarchy (trolling, flaming, etc.). All of this will be resolved in the meeting and you could easily suggest opinions during the chat.

In my time here at CoDZ, I have never witnessed trolling or flaming or anything else listed under the CoC, due to the work that the mods and community does. Trust them with their duty and in turn they'll find ways to make the experience here more enjoyable, including resolving the issues.

That is all.

You deserve a medal. That was a very well-written, well-thought out post that spoke to all sides, fairly, justly, and with dignity and integrity. I agree with everything you have said in this post, and you are right. We are working hard to ensure that all sides are met, but you have brought up some interesting points.

Not everyone on this forum is here to find teammates. Some people have barely even posted in teammate finder because they are here to discuss other aspects of zombies. I think that is perfectly fine because we are all entitled to our own preferences and desires. I feel this is an issue now because teams are huge, among the largest threads on CoD.

I would shed more light on this subject from my point of view, but you have said it all for me, ghostmayhem. You have my brains and my respect. Well done.

That is all.

I'm done discussing this issue. I will wait until Saturday, but as far as I see, everyone really has it with the teammate finder section.

As we all know teams have become very popular on the site as of recently. But the staff feels it is drawing away from the real reason we all started coming to the site, the zombies! At this time we have come to a decision to lock all team topics. We know this will sadden many of you, however for our site to continue to grow and everyone to feel welcome, this at the moment is the best option.

We are having a staff meeting this coming saturday to discuss this topic along with many others to help decide how to make this site become even more glorious than it already is! Do not be to sad about the closed topics because we already have many ideas how to keep your teams going with out them being the main focus!

Please feel free to pm me or any one of the great staff here with any questions or concerns with this or anything, or if you have an idea to help the site grow, or something you feel we may need to talk about in our meeting!

Wow. I cam to this web site to find other good players to play with. I even joined a team or a group of people that like to play zombies that are as good as myself or better. Just what I wanted. Now you are locking the teams from posting? I just started coming to this web site. Really weird. Why lock zombie clans out of the forums. If anything they should be the biggest part of any forum. Sorry to say I will not be visiting much more of this site. Very disappointing. I am not some little kid either but, a grown man who owns a business and loves zombies in my off time. I hope you are able to figure something out.

As we all know teams have become very popular on the site as of recently. But the staff feels it is drawing away from the real reason we all started coming to the site, the zombies! At this time we have come to a decision to lock all team topics. We know this will sadden many of you, however for our site to continue to grow and everyone to feel welcome, this at the moment is the best option.

We are having a staff meeting this coming saturday to discuss this topic along with many others to help decide how to make this site become even more glorious than it already is! Do not be to sad about the closed topics because we already have many ideas how to keep your teams going with out them being the main focus!

Please feel free to pm me or any one of the great staff here with any questions or concerns with this or anything, or if you have an idea to help the site grow, or something you feel we may need to talk about in our meeting!

Wow. I cam to this web site to find other good players to play with. I even joined a team or a group of people that like to play zombies that are as good as myself or better. Just what I wanted. Now you are locking the teams from posting? I just started coming to this web site. Really weird. Why lock zombie clans out of the forums. If anything they should be the biggest part of any forum. Sorry to say I will not be visiting much more of this site. Very disappointing. I am not some little kid either but, a grown man who owns a business and loves zombies in my off time. I hope you are able to figure something out.

Hello - teams will be back in no time. Please be patient :)

Words..... There are many of them....these are facts....

Also 10 facts you might not have known,

1:you are manually breathing after reading this,

2you realize that question one is true,

3:you didn't notice I left out the : in number two,

3:you just checked number two,

4:you didn't notice I said three twice,

5:you went back and checked the two threes,

7:your checking the rest of these questions for other impropertys,

8: you probably checked number seven and realized there is no 6

9:that six is the only number I have not spelled out through this post,

10:you didn't notice there's no comma after the special six,

11:you checked number eight for both the comma and the number after reading nine and ten,

12: number eleven is the longest number in this post,

13: you likely failed to realize there were only soposed to be ten numbers....

its copy pasta, and I don't know why it is here

Not everyone on this forum is here to find teammates. Some people have barely even posted in teammate finder because they are here to discuss other aspects of zombies. I think that is perfectly fine because we are all entitled to our own preferences and desires. I feel this is an issue now because teams are huge, among the largest threads on CoD.

Indeed not everyone on this forum is here to find teammates, which is why the teams threads were in the "teammate finder" section and not general discussion. The team threads have greatly enhanced that section of the forum with basically no spillage into other sections (that I have seen) apart from a couple issues that were more problems of specific people rather than teams themselves.

Doggy, continually trying to point out perceived "mod abuse" is among the worst possible ways to garner support for your point.

And as for the many, many people who are re-informing the topic that "TEAMS ARE NOT GOING AWAY FOREVER.", consider that this is obvious for everyone present. The point of this discussion has been to outline the strongest and weakest points of teams to ensure the administrative staff makes a well-informed decision with the point of view of team members accounted for.

There has been great insistence that the changes that will be made will "make teams better", but this is impossible unless they are familiar with the inner mechanics of codz team mechanics in the first place, and the only way to get those points across is to, you know, discuss them.

The purpose is to point out what kind of changes will hurt "teams" so the trimming that will inevitably take place will be for the better. Since we have very clearly had one or two moderators come out and state they would be in favor of eliminating teams altogether, we know that some people will be coming to this meeting wanting to make some broad, potentially quite damaging, changes to the team structure. Those in favor of keeping highly independent teams would be well-served by stating their case in this thread before the meeting, while the minds of the decision makers is still being made up.