TEAMS

lissa110

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

We already have a defector from the site due in part to this whole team thing, so I do not want to see this happen to anyone else. Please understand that teams aren't leaving, just being revised so that this EXACT thing does not happen on a larger scale.

The thing is that there were really only two teams to go to for the most part, so you couldn't really join a lower team and work your way up like that. But on the flipside, too many teams causes even more rifts. CoDz has seen its share of fights, civil wars, and rifts, that is something we as a whole are trying to prevent before it gets too unmanageable.

• Administrators

Yes sir, that is the plan :) We will meet on Saturday and just make sure that the reform is all good because we realize that while only a small portion of the community uses the teams frequently, it is still a part of the great site known as CoDz and this isn't something to be taken away, just reformed a bit like you suggested!

Yes sir, that is the plan :) We will meet on Saturday and just make sure that the reform is all good because we realize that while only a small portion of the community uses the teams frequently, it is still a part of the great site known as CoDz and this isn't something to be taken away, just reformed a bit like you suggested!

Perfect, we shall all wait until Saturday.

We have determined that the problems have not arisen by the fact that teams exist, but just a few behaviors and holes.

The practice where when a new team thread would pop up and people from other teams would immediately arrive saying that "this team is unnecessary, you have wasted your time" is very discouraging to people trying to start something, and pretty clearly don't really just want to merge with an existing team.

I don't think the fact that some teams had pretty high entrance requirements was a bad thing, afterall it gives players something to aspire to. I haven't seen new players complain about groups of zombie players trying to be elite.

However, that DOES become a problem if we don't also have some groups for players still building their skills. For example, I first joined WunderWaffes many months ago, and at the time there is no way in hell I would pass the current requirements. But after a lot of time playing with good players, I'm doubling my previous high scores with relative ease.

So we need plenty of kinds of groups, having rivalries between the best teams would make for some really great forum events too.

Let me put it another way; when I first joined a group, I wanted something dedicated to xbox players where I could become a better player and shoot for high scores with people near my skill level, and I wanted to be able to find teammates consistently. I was not looking to play with people who are at my skill level now, since they would basically be carrying me. At the same time, now I don't really want to play with people all the time who are at my skill level then, since I would be carrying them.

Two different levels of players requiring two different kinds of groups to have the most fun. One group can have different "levels", their normal membership, higher up, and the top teir, or something like that. There shouldn't be anything preventing players from joining one team or another either.

But over time, people who play a lot just want teammates who are fun to play with. So people starting playing with people who struggle to get to 20 are eventually going to have more fun playing with people shooting for 30, if they keep at it they are going to want teammates who are capable of reaching 50.

This can only be addressed with open access to teams, and teams free to have different requirements to entry to attract certain kinds of players.

Otherwise we're stuck playing with randoms, and I swear to god I am not going back to that.

There are better ways to find people to play with than just playing with your "team" having teams at all implies the "eliteness" within itself. I don't like the fact there are teams at all, and there needs to be a completely different way to play with the people you want to.

This is completely my opinion, and everything is just going to be discussed Saturday. Just wait until then, when we figure it out.

I would like to hear your theory, because I tried for a solid year and a half absolutely everything I could think of. Joining a team has been the only reliable, consistent way for me to find players who I enjoy playing with at my skill level.

Why don't you like teams in the first place? I don't see why there is anything wrong with a little eliteness in a team, since it sucks to be a player who is shooting for 50 plus but can only find players scraping to reach 25. And like ReorgeGomero said, he found nothing off-putting about it as a new user.

I played with him yesterday, he didn't make it through our initial requirements but we had a lot of fun, and I know we'll play again until he makes it.

There are better ways to find people to play with than just playing with your "team" having teams at all implies the "eliteness" within itself. I don't like the fact there are teams at all, and there needs to be a completely different way to play with the people you want to.

This is completely my opinion, and everything is just going to be discussed Saturday. Just wait until then, when we figure it out.

having teams implies camaraderie and being a part of something. honestly coming from the point of view of a person that was in the situation you are trying to fix not too long ago i think the best way to go about it is to add a thread where people can just post that they want a teammate and problem solved

As a reminder we at no point said we werent going to have teams again. But we have started to notice little flare ups here and there and current setting for the teams are a bit overwhelming. As previously discussed we will be coming up with new changes for the future of our site. Please be patient with us. I do think you guys will like the future of teams on CoDz.

As a reminder we at no point said we werent going to have teams again. But we have started to notice little flare ups here and there and current setting for the teams are a bit overwhelming. As previously discussed we will be coming up with new changes for the future of our site. Please be patient with us. I do think you guys will like the future of teams on CoDz.

Yes, like I said the no teams thing is my opinion (and I think mine alone) it doesn't represent the rest of the staff.

having teams implies camaraderie and being a part of something. honestly coming from the point of view of a person that was in the situation you are trying to fix not too long ago i think the best way to go about it is to add a thread where people can just post that they want a teammate and problem solved

That's what the teammate forum was originally meant for.

Whenever I play it's only in 2 ways - for fun when I prefer 4 people or for high rounds.

For fun, I prefer 4 people and often if someone is not as good it's actually better. The people I play with do not have any elitism, and I would stop playing with them if they did.

When I'm playing for a high round, it's very rare that now I would play with anyone except for 4 or 5 people on my friends list, 3 of whom I meet here. If I get an XBOX as well, or the game on my PC this would expand to more like 10 people.

The key is I did meet them here. Savage was the first person I played with after making my own post in the teammate finder, then I found Way, then Eye and then TGR came up. But TGR certainly led to more options for players to game with.

I will always help pretty much anyone who asks me to get to level 30 on most maps, but that's like a 90 minute game.

I will be playing with MrCostari for instance this weekend, screw the connection!

If I'm going for a 40 or 50 it has to be someone I know well.....it takes a lot longer, and requires more determination.

Teams are good for sure, and hopefully they will continue on CODZ, just with some kinks ironed out :)

I want to believe in you, but it's kind of hard to do so when all my threads are being locked or deleted. I'm starting to feel this as a personal attack and that you're just trying to silence me. Please prove me wrong.

Elitism will unavoidably be in the question. As someone mentioned earlier, not everybody can get to round 30. But there certainly are people who can, and there is nothing wrong for their skill to be recognized. Isn't this why we have the Richtofen, Dempsey, NIkolai and Takeo usergroups? To recognize the skill of every player?

You can tell it's not a personal attack because we've been around here long enough to know to not do that. I strongly believe that we are going to find a better option for teams, I just ask that you wait until sunday when we come back with some suggestions before continuing this discussion.

I may be in a team myself but I wouldn't mind if it was gone for a bit.. It would give everyone in those teams to play with others in the forums more or even just randoms online, and maybe acquire new members while there at it ;) instead of people in the team and to focus more on the story then instead of focusing on get 50 of kino or ascension etc.. so like I said before it will be a nice time off to do other zombie related stuff or to just play something else besides Call of Duty... I'm sure Convert and everyone else will do the best they can to resolve the situation so everyone can be happy..

I dont mind that either, but I'm offline for several months starting in a couple weeks and I wanted to get my records as high as possible before then. To do that I need to play with people who I know are quality, and organize good games.

I do a lot of focus on story, and once I move I still will be playing a LOT of solo, exploring and researching as much as I can to make more contributions to the story sections

There's plenty of outher sites I can can post my team on, I'm sure they would not have a prob. This could result in less site users but I guess that don't matter. All we want to do is play ZOMBIES whats the big deal? Could someone answer that?

Also if the prob is teams not being about zombies why do you allow there to be an off topic section?

Joshs, Don't be disheartened man. I agree there should have been a notice about threads being locked. I really liked your page and was going to reply to it for some of the challenges. If you think you need to communicate create another temporary thread for now and we can request mods to merge that into your main thread. Apologies for any inconvenience. But we will be back and better in no time.

Regards,

way2g00

They should be unlocked untell you can figure out what your going to do sunday? Why take them away for a week, whats the point if you think we are going to be pleased suday? My thread was only up for like five days.

We locked all the team threads because they ARE creating issues, we have said why and people don't seem to be accepting it. So the next step is addressing it during the meeting, and fixing it.

Joshs, Don't be disheartened man. I agree there should have been a notice about threads being locked. I really liked your page and was going to reply to it for some of the challenges. If you think you need to communicate create another temporary thread for now and we can request mods to merge that into your main thread. Apologies for any inconvenience. But we will be back and better in no time.

Regards,

way2g00

It's cool I guess, I'll be on at 7:00 for sharpshooter.