TEAMS

lissa110

I try to treat everyone else like a friend, unless they are rude, in which case I would treat them like the trash they act like.

The idea of you calling yourself an "emperor", even in threads that had no relevance to your team, is silly. Also telling other members what they can / can not do is outrageous.

If I were a new member, I'd go to teammate finder just to play zombies, not to see a section full of "Teams" where you serve a leader and follow orders. This site is about zombies, not running an empire.

But do you not agree that teams need a leader? Who will run everything, keep everything in order? Who will organize games, keep record of the games and high scores, make sure everyone is having fun? Someone has to do this if you want organization with the teams...

"All pigs are equal, but some pigs are more equal than others."

While this is perhaps a poor analogy, and I'm not calling this site communist or anything, there must be a leader of the teams that can both lead and be interactive with members of the team as well as the rest of the site. There must be a leader, and there must be people below him. That's how it works. People have tried doing otherwise hundreds of times. It doesn't work.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, all of this will be worked out. I promise. We're doing everything that we can to make the site a better place for everyone, and this is one of the things that we've decided to address. We have numerous things that we're working on, and as soon as these ideas continue to develop, we will let you all know what is going on.

While the present time might seem a little grim and dark, things WILL get better. I'm determined to see that they will get better. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and we're working our way towards it in the best possible way. Just remember that the night is always darkest before the dawn.

Well if teams have to go then teams have to go, at least for now.. Doggy the team is gone for now and you can't stop that but just because you can't post on the thread does not mean your team is gone. you still have contact with them through xbox or private messages etc. so no need to complain the a little thread is gone and I have to agree with darkjolteon that you were being rude and should apologize to them... Well that's all I have to say....

Doggy, Please don't be upset. It might be a bit sad to see your work has gone in water but you have made several friends now. I am sure the staff has something exciting in the bag for us. Just be patient. Remember, we don't own the site here. So it is pointless to form teams and call ourselves a leader when we already have Mods/Admins. If you still think this was illogical and not justified, go ahead and create a new forum where you can be a leader and appoint your own mods. For now we need to respect the mods.

If you need to talk just PM me or any of the mods.

Regards,

way2g00

Hmmmm the wunder waffles and the.... Oh what was the other one.... I can't remember.... Should not be locked down, I'm shocked they even locked it!

What I'm more conserved about is: why can the moderators shut down such a successful clean pair of empires, and my empire, at will?

Surely there was flaiming or trolling or Mabie some swearing right? No!?!?

Like it or not the moderators have controle over this sight, they can lock down anything at any time for any reason they like, and they normally keep a good job of this....

However if something as out of line like this happens again a lot of people will be thinking the same thing: sic semper tyrannis....

Hmmmm the wunder waffles and the.... Oh what was the other one.... I can't remember.... Should not be locked down, I'm shocked they even locked it!

What I'm more conserved about is: why can the moderators shut down such a successful clean pair of empires, and my empire, at will?

Surely there was flaiming or trolling or Mabie some swearing right? No!?!?

Like it or not the moderators have controle over this sight, they can lock down anything at any time for any reason they like, and they normally keep a good job of this....

However if something as out of line like this happens again a lot of people will be thinking the same thing: sic semper tyrannis....

Read through the entire thread for our reasoning behind this, as said, teams are not being removed, they are still there and will return but in a better format.

I stand by my point....

Mate, I read through your 'empire' thread and frankly I found your approach to it all was rude and offensive. The way you worded and phrased your 'rules' for joining were confrontational and arrogant... I don't mean to flame, but I think that you need to understand that it is stuff like that that makes new users nervous and feel like this is only a place for elite players... The reason they have been locked is so that the Admins and Mods can get together and discuss the BEST way for things like that to work! They have been doing a fantastic job and I stand by them because they are the ones that make the best decisions, and have proven themselves worthy of the authority that they have been given. They have all been hand picked by Carbon himself, and I trust his judgement immensely because he was the man that created this wonderful site! You should show these people some respect because these are the people that keep this site running day to day and without them we wouldn't even be here...

Here's to Covert, Lissa, and all the Mods and Dwellers!

-Jolteon

Because they took it down for no reason!

I don't think you truly understand that there is a reason behind taking stuff like that down. And if you actually read this thread all the way through, you would see that it's not a permanent solution to the problems that have risen up. It's just a temporary solution. Teams are NOT going away. We're just working to make them better for the site as a whole.

Because they took it down for no reason!

Plus, you had like 1 member. I don't call that an empire, I call it a stall in the middle of the market.

You for get one thing: I'm captain jack sparrow....err... Sorry I mean I'm that one member!....plus it's like a two day old topic in the middle of the zombie depression so to speak.....

Ok he said quote: I ws trying 2 focus on the other 2 empires and put mine n there 4 a way 2 show y Im not this Sid ofmthe argument... Yeah he text pretty bad....

Anyways Doggy, what happened to the official site? Why don't you guys just use that?Please clear this up because I don't see why you guys just move onto that, instead of redirecting to here.

Note: I have nothing against the main three or two teams, but as others start popping up well its a bit.....i have no idea.

Doggy, do you seriously have nothing to do if WuWa moves off this site? Do you exist purely for WuWa ON THIS SITE? I'm not saying your useless or anything, but would WuWa being moved off the site result in you not coming back? I understand your angry/confused, sure a ton of people are, but you can't go throwing around insults and rude ocmments just because your "holy empire" is being moved somewhere else.

Read this with a clear mind.

I own the website and I set it to redirect back here. Team Wunderwaffes from the beginning is just xbox players from this site, splitting off into our own forums defeats our purpose.

The website itself will be host to videos and events held by the team once it reaches critical mass, but it will always be tied directly to CODZ. All of our major events in the past, and all that will happen in the future, have been open to anyone who wanted to join. I don't know why he's so upset, pretty much everything in WuWa has been created by myself or a couple of the other members, and just kind of approved by Doggy.

I don't really get all this indignation, but I can see that a problem has been brewing and does need to be addressed. I am glad the staff has elected to diffuse the situation before it explodes.

Shutting down team threads instead of addressing the inactive mods/admin problem, interesting.

Ok, from what I can understand, these threads were closed because they are somewhat intimidating players and are diverting everybody from the zombies. Well first of all, teams never belittled anybody. People way2goo, Doggy, and ZKM are all here FOR THE ZOMBIES and they are nice. This is the most respected zombies community I have ever seen. Second, what the hell does preventing these team threads going to accomplish? These teams were to unite xbox and ps3 users alike and play the ZOMBIES which is what this site is, callofdutyZOMBIES.com. So if you're going to say that these teams, WHO PLAY ZOMBIES, are distracting players from the site, I believe you are mistaken.

The best solution is to leave things the way they were.

Shutting down team threads instead of addressing the inactive mods/admin problem, interesting.

Ok, from what I can understand, these threads were closed because they are somewhat intimidating players and are diverting everybody from the zombies. Well first of all, teams never belittled anybody. People way2goo, Doggy, and ZKM are all here FOR THE ZOMBIES and they are nice. This is the most respected zombies community I have ever seen. Second, what the hell does preventing these team threads going to accomplish? These teams were to unite xbox and ps3 users alike and play the ZOMBIES which is what this site is, callofdutyZOMBIES.com. So if you're going to say that these teams, WHO PLAY ZOMBIES, are distracting players from the site, I believe you are mistaken.

The best solution is to leave things the way they were.

Will people try thinking of it from a new users' perspective? We get new users all the time, we have 9k members, and maybe 20-30 people were in "clans" or "teams". What about all those other people? It's daunting to them to see these requirements and see a split in users. Whether you see it or not...it's happened.

Just let the staff figure out what we are going to do about this, please?