TEAMS

lissa110

Thankfully, I've never seen that happen before. Doggy and the rest of the Wunderwaffes have always made sure to let people know that if they don't meet the requirements, they can still play with us, they just can't oficially be part of the team. I've never seen a Grim Reaper do that either, but I would know less about that.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The reason that the statement "TEAMS ARE NOT GOING AWAY FOREVER" is being reinforced is because people sit here and STILL say, "It is really dumb they are getting rid of teams." It's as if they are skipping over everything the mods are saying and are being completely ignorant.

It is understood that this is a discussion thread, but when everyone has to drop everything to re-explain to some people that teams aren't going away, it makes them and their cause look worse and worse because they aren't listening.

• Administrators

I am personally for teams. It makes it so that people who don't care so much for the storyline can join some great players and play some fun games of teh Nazi Zombies.

My opposition towards it is as follows:

There are people who cannot join because they are not good enough yet to reach the requirements, which is fine in itself, however my understanding is that we all want people to be active and join. Sadly, they can't yet because they aren't good enough which turns them away. If a person cannot join a current team, they try and make there own, which doesn't go over well in the community because "we already have teams."

Der Atzi tried to do this and some people got angry at him for it. Because of that, it makes it seem like there are people who are trying to monopolize the team "empires," as some like to call it, and then that makes them angry, resulting in people leaving, which has already started to happen.

I hope this is what you meant and I hope this was calm and professional :) I am not against teams, just reforming them.

My idea is that you should have maybe 3 tiers to every team, everyone starts out where they can fit and eventually they can work there way up.

tiering the teams can fractionalize them, making it less fun and more work for people to join and get games going.

The problem you mentioned about monopolization is theoretically a valid one, however I see that as a problem of individual members rather than teams themselves. No one should ever be telling another member that their efforts aren't worth it when trying to build a small group of people to play with, since that is the entire point of the teammate finder to begin with.

The way I see it, the more the merrier as far as teams go.

I never thought teams were bad, nor do I believe they were created to cause harm. However I, as one of the first members of Team Wunderwaffes, have to agree with the staff of CoDz here. The teams have begun to split this website into a sort of war being battled within the confines of a small space we call the Teammate Finder.

When I first joined the team, Doggy, I was expecting much fun and a community based experience. However, in recent times, I have been pushed away from CoDz for not being up to your standards. It truly made me feel inferior with the 'circle' of people that you chose to be your main users. I did try multiple times to come back, however for some reason I still felt rejected by the group because, well, it really wasn't a group as much as was a bunch of people trying to get laughs by proving their superiority over other users.

Sometimes I would come onto the site and see massive arguments that had started between people, which were left unregulated by staff, and the only explanation for these brawls I could see is the struggle for power. I would get on the forums and see things like "The Holy Wunder Waffe Empire" and just want to quit your entire cause, because it had obviously evolved from a 'mere team' into a self-esteem boost for yourself. Arguments had popped up everywhere and I watched from the stands as everyone quarreled about who is better or what not.

This truly was dividing the community. Now, I am finally glad this has had an end put to it by the beloved staff here, and the reactions I am seeing by Doggy are rather rash, and very, dare I say it, power hungry. Sorry you had to part with your empire Doggy, but this is not your site to run. If we were to really want a community, perhaps you should just be patient and sit yourself down hoping for a spot back where you could do something for the actual good of CoDz such as perhaps organizing some events these new "fixed" teams would have? But no, you must be in complete power, and sad to say, I saw this day coming when you decided to make your EZS inside an already whimpering group.

I formally resign from Team Wunder Waffes.

Those are my two cents.

Kirbsee

It's now tuesday my thread is still locked, I thought you all said by sunday something would be done. I'm trying to find more members for my ZOMBIE clan, but thats hard when the place I want to recruit from refuses to let my " TEAM " have a thread. My thread only has one post on it and its from a MOD so what is the big deal? It seems like the sig's are the problem take them away not our teams.

I would like to be able to edit my thread I spent so much time on.

It's now tuesday my thread is still locked, I thought you all said by sunday something would be done. I'm trying to find more members for my ZOMBIE clan, but thats hard when the place I want to recruit from refuses to let my " TEAM " have a thread. My thread only has one post on it and its from a MOD so what is the big deal? It seems like the sig's are the problem take them away not our teams.

I would like to be able to edit my thread I spent so much time on.

Your thread has been unlocked since Saturday.