Easter Eggs (yay or nay?)

owner_101

What kinds of Easter Eggs do you want?

-small ones e.g. notes, boards, noises etc.

-musical

-radios, film reels, audio reels

-giant ones (can only be done with 4 people)

-giant ones (solo version, 2+ players)

Which ones would like?

I would like all of them!

When the game is released this will become an Easter Egg thread.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like em all, but I really hope that they never do another 4 player one.

This is what it usually ends up going like.

Me in lobby: EE anyone?

Some random guy who isn't an asshole: yea sure, haven't done it yet.

Second random guy, same as first: mhm

Guest or 10 year old: hmmmm, 3 people want the EE, hahahahahah NOOOOOOOO WAY WILL. EVER LET YOU GET AS LONG AS I LIVE IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

That may be exxagerated but you get it.

i want all of them, but there is too much emphasis on large easter eggs.

one thing about W@W is that the maps were full of questionable details, like notes in some encrypted language, moving bricks, hangmen, odd sounds, writings on walls, and small interactive devices. This was all over Der Riese and SNN, and some in Verruckt. I especially like ones outside of the map, like the meteor in SNN or the Fly trap.

KDT did this well, and so did five, and ascension barely did it.

and many people might ask why i prefer these to major easter eggs, and that's because the major easter eggs just tell us almost directly what is happening, rather than implying details relating to wacky conspiracy theories. Der Riese led us to extrapolate wildly about the next map, and we came to crazy conclusions. in the new maps, either they give us no warning about the next map or outright tell us. This is highly unsatisfying and is partially why i have barely touched zombies since i got bf3, while i was still addicted to W@W zombies two years after they came out, because i was obsessing over little map details to find what the next map would be.

I became the zombies fan i am not for the survival horror, although that is fun, but because the old small detailed easter eggs made me feel like e detective. This feeling is either completely missing or severely lacking detail in new maps and i feel underwhelmed.

The large easter eggs are great, and i have no problem with them, but they are too gratifying, obvious, and i feel like they are used to compensate for lack of small details which give us info.

also, the new maps are missing a lot of atmospheric creepiness, which was ever so present in the maps NDT, SNN, Verruckt, DR, and as an exception, Ascension.

As I just mentioned, I really like the Moon EE as do many other people, so they should continue making them like this.

Also I think the radios and stuff are necessary for plot developments etc.

Music EEs are good to have, albeit I've not liked any of the songs that came after Ascension.

This.

Also I think you should be able to activate the song more than once. They could also put 2 songs in each map and it alternates which one it plays. Finally I think they need better songs.

For the solo EE you could get all perks EXCEPT QR, and your three buys would be replenished.

^This

My opinion

They obviously need to continue with the classic stuff, the Small EE's, and the Musical one (Keep Elana please Treyarch PLEASE, I hated the other two songs) and

I would also love to see more Big EE's, they were pretty fun (Except Shangri-La's, which was just annoying to get going let alone finish it) So make them harder, but more fun, and no 4 player only EE's.

They should continue with the large easter eggs, but cut the four-player only ones (yesterday I JUST managed to complete the Shangri-La one, cause my friends did it without me when the map came out and it took me this long to convince them to do it again). I've always loved the musical ones, both Elena and Avenged Sevenfold. Eminem was alright I guess, but not great. It just feels like they got lazy with the song for that map and just threw in a song they already had the rights to anyways.

They really should go back to the small details and easter eggs from the W@W maps. I think the reason they haven't been doing that is mainly because they've been so pressed for time with releasing the maps (Jimmy Zelinski said at CoD XP that one map was done in under three weeks). I think Activision really should give the devs more time to work on these maps so they can add all these little easter eggs we love

I liked the Moon Easter Egg but there was one problem. It was obvious there was more. One thing I liked about the DR EE was that it was random. It was just out there. No one really went looking for it. Now I know it's impossible now to have a map that people aren't looking for stuff on, but what if there was a big secret.

For instance, let's say you do like Moon and have an EE. When completed, you get the achievement and everything, making it seem like it's complete. Don't screw up and say there are 250G available and only list 150G. Be extremely smart about this. Then let there be a very VERY small thing you do that activates a much larger, more complicated EE. For instance, what if there was a bottle on the ground. There are always bottles on the ground. What if you could knife the bottle a few times toward a hole in the wall and it slip in, starting another EE. It would take a while to find and people would freak out when it happened.

I guess what I want is for more difficulty. Now with that said, I still believe we are missing something on CotD. "Shoot everything and you'll see some really interesting things happen." Well did we ever find this? I don't think so.

Also, I like 4 player EEs. They take coordination. Solo can be fun, but I like the teamwork aspect and I get to do it with my friends.

I also think they should add more small EEs in the maps, including notes, radios, etc.

There's a lot they can still do with this game. We'll see where they go with it.

@wunderwaffe-JZ3 You do realise, there are still alot of these little details in every map since Ascension, right?

The Sparky batteries dotted around Ascension, and the characters Matroshyka Dolls.

George Romero's different apperance to other zombies and larger health raises questions in Call Of The Dead.

The civilian zombies and 'special' zombies present in Shangri-La.

And the overall story-advancing feel you get when playing Moon.

All these things add to your detective need, you just have to look.

@wunderwaffe-JZ3 You do realise, there are still alot of these little details in every map since Ascension, right?

The Sparky batteries dotted around Ascension, and the characters Matroshyka Dolls.

George Romero's different apperance to other zombies and larger health raises questions in Call Of The Dead.

The civilian zombies and 'special' zombies present in Shangri-La.

And the overall story-advancing feel you get when playing Moon.

All these things add to your detective need, you just have to look.

Hey, nice to see a new member, but we usually don't put @ in posts. K? :D