Practise and master all the kiting types

I want to practise and master all the types of kiting.

I'm still busy reading the Master Zombies guide and the solo guide so I know a bit about it.

But I've no idea where to practise them.

So I hope you guys could give me some areas where to practise what type of kiting and maybe give me some other tips :)

I would really appreciate that, thanks guys :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok firstly have you seen Toms kiting guide? If not follow the link in my sig to the chopper repository. It's listed there :)

My advice to you is initially learn the crescent type. It helps on so many levels. Say a friend goes down on the opposite side of the map. If its kino then either way you run you will meet a hoard coming at you. Being able to crescent this group massively helps your reviving chance.

To practise play kino, and run the loop starting from the stage through the lobby, mp40, dressing room then stage. You can then either group on the stage (they will all be behind you) or go through to the lobby and do it there. Just practicing this will give a great appreciation of the zombies behavior when close up to you, which helps with all other kiting.

I think for practicing general kiting, watch loads of NML vids to see how the techniques are performed, then practice loads of NML too. I know I've said this on several threads, but becoming an efficient No Man's Land player will turn you from a good kiter to one of epic proportions ;)

Also what Chopper was saying about reviving - I think, unless you're doing a 'train and merge' strategy then you and your teammate should keep a little distance between your trains. Not a lot, but enough to give you space to let your downed teammates train come to you so you can go revive with the coast clear ;)

Good example on Kino, have one player running the stage and the other running a loop in the MP40 room. I'd recommend the MP40 room guy having the Thundergun because of the tight spot at the top of the Stakeout stairs; most of the time, this gap can be freed by backing up and 'dragging' the zombies out of it, but from time to time it's not possible to do that so best to have a good path-clearing weapon. Easy loop otherwise.

Yes Piep is right.

Say you are in the lobby in Kino with 10 zombies, and your friend is on the stage with 14. He goes down. You suddenly have 14 zombies coming straight at you from the stage. You can always run the route on Kino, you know, MP40, dressing room and then get the revive.

Or you could crescent on the bottom of the lobby and as the train comes to you from the stage can continue doing this crescent until they are all in one group. You can then safely sprint to the stage and get the revive.

When you aim for a revive it's always going to be different. In my experience though 90% of the time you can do some kind of mini-train / kite to ensure a safer revive.

I think for practicing general kiting, watch loads of NML vids to see how the techniques are performed, then practice loads of NML too. I know I've said this on several threads, but becoming an efficient No Man's Land player will turn you from a good kiter to one of epic proportions ;)

Also what Chopper was saying about reviving - I think, unless you're doing a 'train and merge' strategy then you and your teammate should keep a little distance between your trains. Not a lot, but enough to give you space to let your downed teammates train come to you so you can go revive with the coast clear ;)

Good example on Kino, have one player running the stage and the other running a loop in the MP40 room. I'd recommend the MP40 room guy having the Thundergun because of the tight spot at the top of the Stakeout stairs; most of the time, this gap can be freed by backing up and 'dragging' the zombies out of it, but from time to time it's not possible to do that so best to have a good path-clearing weapon. Easy loop otherwise.

Yes, NML intense practise will certainly help with kiting in general.

Something Super said made me think of something....I played a random Kino game 2 nights ago, my first co-op game in a month or so. I ended up basically changing locations every round to see all those different kiting spots. If you stay in the MP40 room and just circle the turret, without using the stairs you will have to learn very quickly how to kite under pressure ;)

Or you could crescent on the bottom of the lobby and as the train comes to you from the stage can continue doing this crescent until they are all in one group. You can then safely sprint to the stage and get the revive.

The lobby as also a great area for the 2nd player as Chopper pointed out. Also, if you keep the top door closed at all times this will make things much easier for that player. That top door never needs to be opened anyways, you can access all of the other areas by going the other way round the map ;)

Well, when you practice NML you'll just go down a lot and only 50% of the playtime is kiting, the rest is restarting and knifing in the begin and so on.

I would rather practice when you are aloud to make some errors, i.e. when u have jug. Or even better imho demigodmode in case u on PC. Then u don't lose time after a fault.

I would start at the basics, but I think you can run a normal circle. You might wanna try this maybe at a very easy area. Maybe Kino Stage, Front of Light House, Ascension Spawn, Moon Dome. Catching some gaps and stuff. Well then I would practice the Cut Back and the Drag Out in the same area, to get a hang for it. Execute them also if it makes no sense. When u have a hang for it I recommend a rather harder area, like e.g. Stamin Up @ Ascension [not lander, the stamin up area itself], maybe first of all in coop where u don't get so many zombs. There you are forced to do cutbacks, and you won't have anymore too much space to improvise. The Drag Out might for example be well done in the kino lobby with top door closed. Afterwards you can do other small circles like for example anything in verrückt.

Since the crescent is a circle containing 2 cutbacks, I think a general cutback training might be well suited before u go for the crescent. However, the crescent form is still very easy, also without premade cutback training.

What I highly suggest is for the last training level, get versatile and vary the areas. Go to areas you normally don't go, like check out a bit all that I have in my vids, e.g. in COTD, run not only in front of the lighthouse, also go inside and to the spawn. This versatility is quite important imho. Everywhere, the circumstances (spawning, water gaps, obstacles, blocked view, going up and down, vacuum) are different, and you will learn to react to any situation.

I am a very experienced trainer, the Kino stage is the first route I ever ran, and I still suck at it. It is too narrow, and when I try and run through a narrow gap, I see there are lots of zombies, so I double back where my horde kills me on another narrow spot. That is why I will always run the spawn when I play Kino, the stage is too unreliable.

Practice*

In Europe, practice can be spelled with an 's'.

Anyway, just follow the advice up there. The best place to practice kiting is somewhere easy, where you can make mistakes and get back up, Ascension for one.

Another strategy is to just get Juggernog on NML straight away and afterwards, continue to kite all types of things. Even if you die, you can restart straight away!

There isn't too much to be said with the great strategists we have contributing above.