Zombies Campaign

emp_frosty

For Treyarch's next installment, apart from the main campaign, there should be a separate "Zombies" campaign. It can follow the current storyline from where it left off in Moon, or it can be completely original. Maybe it can be a twist or tie in with the main campaign as well. Thoughts anyone?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How I think this would would work is it would play like normal Zombies, except instead of it being never ending. there would be goals. completing these goals would trigger the end of the level, with a cutscene showing how they got to the next level, but the game would play like Normal Zombie's until then, with it being solo, and the other 3 charecters being AI That would be programed to play like Real people (buy perks, hit the box, etc.)

For example, in Der Reise, the objectives would be

"Survive the Dogs"

"Turn on the Power"

"Link Teleporter Z-B"

"Link Teleporter Z-C"

"Link Teleporter Z-A"

"Acquire The Wunderwaffe DG-2"

"Get Trapped in a Teleporter and Shoot the DG-2"

Once these objectives were completed, a cutscene would play, and the Kino Der Toten level would play (and etc)

How I think this would would work is it would play like normal Zombies, except instead of it being never ending. there would be goals. completing these goals would trigger the end of the level, with a cutscene showing how they got to the next level, but the game would play like Normal Zombie's until then, with it being solo, and the other 3 charecters being AI That would be programed to play like Real people (buy perks, hit the box, etc.)

For example, in Der Reise, the objectives would be

"Survive the Dogs"

"Turn on the Power"

"Link Teleporter Z-B"

"Link Teleporter Z-C"

"Link Teleporter Z-A"

"Acquire The Wunderwaffe DG-2"

"Get Trapped in a Teleporter and Shoot the DG-2"

Once these objectives were completed, a cutscene would play, and the Kino Der Toten level would play (and etc)

THIS. JUST... JUST THIS.

This is EXACTLY how I want this done. It would play JUST LIKE NORMAL ZOMBIES. And thus you can play it LIKE NORMAL ZOMBIES UNLESS You want to complete the story. If people really wanna be picky as I am seeing in the response here, then you can have a little options switch. In random matchmaking, there can be 2 ready up buttons, one to vote for standard survival, and one for the story. If it is common interest to complete the story mode, then the game will start with the objectives active. If it is common interest to play survival, then it would start with the objectives deactivated, and thus doing the objectives wouldnt trigger anything special. In Private match, there can be either 2 "Start Game" buttons, one being "Start Survival" and one being "Start Story", or 2 folders in the map selection thing. Choosing a map in the "Story Mode" folder would start the story mode within that map, and choosing a map from the "Survival Mode" folder would play a survival map. As for Single Player, I think the story should be always active, but a little easier (thus being catered to single player) and you can do what you want, but if you do decide to complete the story objectives, then it will pause the game, and prompt you to choose if you really want to end the game and move on to the next map. It of course would have to be something where it doesnt accept input for about 3 or 4 seconds, so that no one will accidentally hit a button when they dont want to.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I've been curious as to what they could do setting it up using the L4D system of progressing. Obviously, with further objectives than just getting to safe houses, of course.

This is what I was thinking too. More like the CoD campaign in level format though. Zombies could come in a way similar to waves so it gives you a chance to move up, and when you pass their spawning area they stop spawning there. L4D gets annoying when it is simply spawn zombies, move back, kill, then move forward during the entire game.

ZOTD, we are not talking about replacing the way it is now, we are talking about something that could be added.

That could work, but perhaps let the players continue playing until death after the cutscene has played? People won't get annoyed then about accidentally completing the last objective and losing their current wave record.

That's why I offered the idea of asking if you really want to continue on. In multiplayer, it can ask, and if every chooses "Yes" then it doesnt move on. If it is a group of randoms and you have that "One douchebag" then it will accept majority vote after 20 seconds or so.

i think after you complete the major easter egg it should show you a cutsceen,then resume game

how does that sound

i love that idea [brains]'s for you sir

I don't know if you know this but if you want to give him brains you have to click the thumbs up at the top right of his post. :)

Im fully OK with them ditching the normal campaign and adding zombies campaign. Im not sure many people care for normal COD campain, I couldn't care in the least if it was dropped as it holds no interest to me, always linear scripted run this way killing those that jump out crap. Zombies campain, normal MP & zombies survival.

I enjoy normal MP more then the current zombies, more staying power. Though I half expecting this time it would be set in the post apocalypse, though it seems not the case.

No they can't do that.... They would have to bring back all the old maps and make new ones...way too much drama, what they should do is after the last zombies map make a compleat zombies game with multiplayer being actual zombies and zombies being called humans and is actually multiplayer. The campaign would be tank in mason's place and telling his tale of how he came from nact to the last zombies map, and all the map would have been remade to allow a mission to take place, and once you finnished the mission the flashback would seise and the zombies would stop coming, the mystery box would be there of course and as you got to higher levels the zombies became more difficult.... And wall weapons would be there too with door you'd have to buy.... Ited be awesome! Then after all this they finally put zombies to rest.....

The biggest issue with the zombie campaign is there would be no story in each map. That ruins alot of the fun.

If it was a separate campaign from the main one, I wouldn't care as much, but I'll be honest, it would be a stupid game if they did make it campaign.

I agree nuff said