The True Gersch and Teleporters Connection

• Administrators

I was going to post this in Ascension but because it also includes FIVE, I figured it should go here. It was recently brought to my attention in this thread that the Gersch Device has numbers coming from it. Now, I have made it 59 solo on Ascension and have seen the damn device so many times, I am truly surprised I forgot about it.

Many have known this for a while, and I had thought about it for a while, but I am going to offer new information and a new perspective. I'll cover how neither have 115, as well as the connection between them, Ascension, and related things. I am going to repeat my reply to that thread, just go more in-depth with it.

As we know, the FIVE teleporters and the Gersch Device each have numbers protruding out of it, meaning that the technology must the same. After Operation Paperclip and Operation Osoaviakhim in 1945 after the war ended, the United States and Russia took the technology and the genius' that were harbored in Germany and made their own technology with it.

We have proof that some of the scientists in the Ascension Group were ex-935 members, and I am sure that most would agree that the Ascension Group, or part of it, worked in Ascension. That means that there were ex-935 members working in Ascension, so they could have created some of the technology that is apparent there.

With the advancements in technology over 15 years, 1945 being the ending of the war and the early 60's when Ascension takes place, the scientists came to the realization that they did not need to use 115 in the teleporters. In case you were wondering, the FIVE teleporters and Gersch Device contain absolutely no 115 in them.

EDIT: A large reason I believe that there is no 115 in them is based off the quote from the radio: "Thank God they did not take the diary: the things I have learned about the Element 115." While it can be debated, to me that sounds like they aren't working with 115, or that they have very little knowledge with it. If you think about it, nothing in Ascension really calls out 115, to me at least. Some say that the Thundergun originates from the Ascension Group and is called "Project Thunder," yet that weapon doesn't have 115 in it (that we can confirm at least). We also have never seen a reference from the Ascension Group to 115, they worked largely with Nova 6 gas, that was what they did. I mean I have searched around Ascension, nothing sticks out that that they were working with 115.

I hope I helped someone out, or offered a new perspective. Feel free to comment if you wish to discuss!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nazi 'Die Glocke' experiments included Teleporters, Flying Saucers, and Wonder Weapons.

Now 15+ years later this technology is in the hands of the US military and Russian Ascension Group.

The new name for this teleporter, spaceship, and wonder weapon program is called Project Mercury. Consider Project Mercury as the predecessor to Die Glocke, in the same sense that Ascension Group is the predecessor to Group 935.

In history books you'll learn that Project Mercury was the first human spaceflight program of the United States. Yet, in the game it's linked to much more. Project Mercury includes the Gersch Device and the Casimir Mechanism.

Project Mercury Wikipedia resource:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mercury

Dr. Gersch: I give you my sincere gratitude for that... but, down to business, I am pleased to report all projects are running smoothly again after these recent personal changes. As I had previously mentioned, Yuri Kravcheski is a brilliant scientist, but he has been so far incapable of handling "Project Mercury" - or as you call it, "the Gersch Device", and so due to numerous setbacks and delays I am forced to transfer Yuri to AK64-A experiments. I have decided that your nephew should take his place. I look forward to working with him directly. The recent incident with the Casimir Mechanism leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the right decision. The explosion caused the Mechanism significant damage, it will take time to re-manufacture all of the parts, unless some of them can be salvaged.

Dr. Yuri Kravcheski: Rockets! He transfers me to work on rockets! These experiments require no finesse, no imagination! My intellect is ill served blasting a bunch of monkeys into the atmosphere! But I can’t fight Gersch on this. I was able to hold onto my keys, *static* as well as my research. No one else really understands what "Project Mercury" is capable of. Until then, this lab will have to do. Wait, is that a matryoshka doll? Did someone let a child in-?

Dr. Yuri Kravcheski: I found a box today. Some lebanke left his teddy bear in it, a disgusting and filthy toy! Who keeps bringing their child onto this base? Thank God they did not take the diary: the things I have learned about the Element 115. I'll have to conduct this research on my own, away from the destructive hands of Gersch! His research into Project *static* has stalled, but will HE be transferred? I doubt it! As long as Project Mercury remains on track, his friends at *static*. I must think small.

Dr. Gersch: I can assure you that our craft will be far superior to whatever the Americans, or should I say, Canadians are developing. Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months. Oh, and also, you should know that Dr. Kravcheski does not appear to be adjusting to his new position. He has been hostile towards the other scientists, at least, more than usual, and has frequently been seen muttering to himself. The transition must have been hard for him, but if he does not learn his place soon... I may require another, more competent scientist to replace him.

Undead space monkey aboard

• Administrators

A large reason I believe that is based off the quote from the radio: "Thank God they did not take the diary: the things I have learned about the Element 115." While it can be debated, to me that sounds like they aren't working with 115, or that they have very little knowledge with it. If you think about it, nothing in Ascension really calls out 115, to me at least. Some say that the Thundergun originates from the Ascension Group and is called "Project Thunder," yet that weapon doesn't have 115 in it (that we can confirm at least). We also have never seen a reference from the Ascension Group to 115, they worked largely with Nova 6 gas, that was what they did. I mean I have searched around Ascension, nothing sticks out that that they were working with 115.

Some say that the Thundergun originates from the Ascension Group and is called "Project Thunder," yet that weapon doesn't have 115 in it (that we can confirm at least).

Well It kinda makes sense for it to at least be powered by 115 right ? I mean no way the thing is solar powered...

I haven't found any evidence supporting that the Thunder gun is powered by 115

I have a feeling K1llsteelr could give us a good idea of how the Thunder gun works

• Administrators

Some say that the Thundergun originates from the Ascension Group and is called "Project Thunder," yet that weapon doesn't have 115 in it (that we can confirm at least).

Well It kinda makes sense for it to at least be powered by 115 right ? I mean no way the thing is solar powered...

I haven't found any evidence supporting that the Thunder gun is powered by 115

I have a feeling K1llsteelr could give us a good idea of how the Thunder gun works

There are other ways to be powered than just solar or 115. To me, whatever new technology is powering the teleporters and Gersch Device is powering the Thundergun.

I don`t quite buy that.

To get it out of the way, the mechanisms for the operation of the thundergun are well understood:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_ring_gun

and an actual thundergun could theoretically be built using today`s technology by modifying a grenade launcher (as cited in the wiki), perhaps even at the scale of the actual Thunder Gun, but one operating with the mechanics of the game would probably need an alternate power source.

Using this as a segue into the next topic of 115 and the teleporters, the final radio message you cited leads me to believe that they only just discovered the existance of 115. I believe Yuri himself was the only one doing work on it, and as his radios show he was continuing his work in private.

Under a theory I have mostly since discarded, I theorized that the pentagon thief was actually Yuri in the pentagon to fight off Sam, using a temporary link between his device caught in the aether and the pentagon portals. I have since eliminated most of this, but the link between the Gersch and FIVE is clear.

Yuri was the only one working in Ascension with access and utilization of 115, and so I believe he completed his device in secret, and thus was the only one with access to it or 115. I believe that the radios also suggest that the rest of the group was becoming aware of the theoretical uses of 115 thanks to previously discarded research by Yuri, it becoming their theoretical solution to the power cell problem of Project Thunder (the thundergun), but since they did not know of Yuris stash of 115 it would take several months to acquire their own supply and properly implement it.

I believe the final product that we find in Ascension is the completed prototype using their excessively limited 115 supply, but I don`t know why it would then appear in Kino der Toten as well.

Back to the point, the Gersch Device completed by Yuri did indeed use 115 as its power source using new and improved technologies over the 40`s. I have no reason to believe that the Pentagon did not also have access and utilization of 115 in their experiments, we already know the Americans had their own supply, and since we see a dismantled Ray Gun in the labs I believe it is reasonable to assume that there was at least some use of it during their experiments.

• Administrators

Well we can't be certain that he was even working with 115, he says he has learned things about it, not that he was using it. I mean the the Gersch Device and FIVE teleporters use very similar technology, but explain this to me. How can zombies go through the FIVE teleporters if it has 115 in it? I have always been under the assumption that due to the excess 115, they cannot go through it, so that would mean they would need an alternate energy. And if the Gersch Device has 115 in it and the Zombies die, how do they go through the FIVE teleporters just fine?

As for the Thundergun in Kino, I have spent many long nights thinking this over and my only two theories are that Gersch worked in 935 at Kino and made it with Maxis, and Project Thunder is actually not the Thundergun. The other idea is that it is just added last second, but I always hate that reason.

I think because the FIVE teleporters are more stable. I do not thing that 115 is inherently harmful to zombies (although I believe I am in the minority with that), only what is done with it.

The Gersch does something strange, it could be that the zombies are destroyed because they are teleported to the aether and simply destroyed by whatever presence lurks there, or because the FIVE teleporters are just more stable in general and don`t cause such harmful side effects.

• Administrators

They really confuse me because the purpose of the Gersch Device was for it to be a portable teleporter (my thoughts at least), so how it differs from the FIVE Teleporters, you would think, would be minimal. Yet the effects it has on Zombies are troubling to me, why they are destroyed and sucked in with the Gersch and why nothing happens with the FIVE teleporters. For me, I can't tell if 115 does damage to them, I can't be sure on my thoughts about that, but 115 is know to be purple, so the fact that the GD and Teleporters are red, look so different, and have number coming out makes me believe there isn't 115.

Not all wonder weapons fire in purple though. The Ray Gun, Wonder Waffle, and 31-79-jGb215 are examples of this. Not to mention that some Pack-a-Punched guns fire in red not purple. The only 115 we have ever really seen was in SNN, so there could be different colors of 115 we have not seen.

The numbers could just be Treyarch being lazy, and them just reusing using the same texture from the campaign. As we all know Treyarch has reused many textures and animations in the past for zombies so it is not so far fetched.

But as for why the teleporters on Five do not kill the zombies... well I am not too sure. Maybe instead of the teleporter design being different, it is the zombies who are different ? There were lots of experiments done in the Pentagon so maybe some thing in the DNA of these zombies lets them survive the teleporting, and Ascension zombies die because they lack this DNA trait ? Just thinking aloud.

Oh and the solar powered thing was a joke... That would make no sense, but it would be good for the environment :D.

I would believe the Gersh Device uses 115 as 115 has been linked very closely with the Aether, and the Gersh has some connection there. We (as the player) do not see this connection as clearly as we do in Der Riese and Kino, through those teleporters, but I believe the whole Ascension EE is based on freeing someone from the Aether. Therefore there must be a connection. The FIVE telelporters are trickier as they exhibit none of the other properties that any of the other teleporting devices have, although the Moon/Area 51 teleporter if you think about it, also has a different teleporting style compared to the old 935 Teleporters. There is no brief period where you float in the Aether, it is just instant transport after the device charges....

If the numbers surround 2/3 three objects and those same 2/3 objects can be confirmed to have 115, and a connection to the Aether, I think it is safer than not to assume the same properties are in the third object, which would be the FIVE teleporters.

Those are my thoughts anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

This is only a theory but in between Der Riese and Kino the crash landing at Roswell happened (allegedly) in July 1947. Maybes the numbers and the difference in teleportation suggests that the Americans and possibly any Russian spies found new technology or knowledge for travelling space and time rather than relying upon element 115. This new knowledge could be the solving of string theory which operates on 11 dimensions rather than 3 with the 4th dimension being time. The numbers could also be a link to the mathematical theory behind String theory being solved.

Again this is just a daft bit of a fun theory would love to hear other peoples perspectives on the matter :-) .

• Administrators

So you are thinking that the technology that is at Roswell was included in the numbers? I could see all of that except that we have no idea how the Russians could have gotten there hands on the technology.

• Administrators

That's a good point Tac, I was thinking maybes Russian spies could have been posted at area 51 or the Russians and the Americans could have been secretly working together hence hearing the voices of JFK etc... in Ascension.

That has been a theory I have heard recently, but not for those reasons. The technology is identical, and maybe because Yuri was under the influence of Sam, the Gersch Device was made to kill Gersch even though it is actually a pocket teleporter, just a mobile version of the FIVE teleporters. Also, in Ascension, there is the Project Thunder, which is the making of the Thundergun, and note that there are shelves in FIVE with the Thundergun on it. And the voices like you said, that adds to it.

Sounds like a plausible theory I think :) . Do you have links to those discussions about the theory on the Russians and American's possibly co-operating secretly together I have not read that theory before and would love to see the information that has been included like you said the Thundergun on the shelves of Five. I never noticed the Thundergun in that map it is interesting :) .

• Administrators

Sounds like a plausible theory I think :) . Do you have links to those discussions about the theory on the Russians and American's possibly co-operating secretly together I have not read that theory before and would love to see the information that has been included like you said the Thundergun on the shelves of Five. I never noticed the Thundergun in that map it is interesting :) .

Hmm, most of my conversations were through Skype, but here is the image of the Thundergun on FIVE. It is not the clearest image, but hey, it's the best I could do:

I was going to post this in Ascension but because it also includes FIVE, I figured it should go here. It was recently brought to my attention in this thread that the Gersch Device has numbers coming from it. Now, I have made it 59 solo on Ascension and have seen the damn device so many times, I am truly surprised I forgot about it.

Many have known this for a while, and I had thought about it for a while, but I am going to offer new information and a new perspective. I'll cover how neither have 115, as well as the connection between them, Ascension, and related things. I am going to repeat my reply to that thread, just go more in-depth with it.

As we know, the FIVE teleporters and the Gersch Device each have numbers protruding out of it, meaning that the technology must the same. After Operation Paperclip and Operation Osoaviakhim in 1945 after the war ended, the United States and Russia took the technology and the genius' that were harbored in Germany and made their own technology with it.

We have proof that some of the scientists in the Ascension Group were ex-935 members, and I am sure that most would agree that the Ascension Group, or part of it, worked in Ascension. That means that there were ex-935 members working in Ascension, so they could have created some of the technology that is apparent there.

With the advancements in technology over 15 years, 1945 being the ending of the war and the early 60's when Ascension takes place, the scientists came to the realization that they did not need to use 115 in the teleporters. In case you were wondering, the FIVE teleporters and Gersch Device contain absolutely no 115 in them.

I hope I helped someone out, or offered a new perspective. Feel free to comment if you wish to discuss!

This supports my idea of where the storyline should go.

Concentration of light so intense that it forms an event horizon and becomes self-trapped

According to general relativity, if we aim enough radiation into a region, the concentration of energy can warp spacetime enough for the region to become a black hole

Spys

http://www.lanl.gov/history/wartime/spies.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

laser isotope separation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_ ... separation

http://library.lanl.gov/cgi-bin/getfile?04-01.pdf

http://library.lanl.gov/cgi-bin/getfile?04-03.pdf

Numbers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrence_relation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

Biological uses

Some of the best-known difference equations have their origins in the attempt to model population dynamics.

For example, the Fibonacci numbers were once used as a model

for the growth of a rabbit population.

Gravitational time dilation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_shift

Gravitational time dilation has been experimentally measured using atomic clocks on airplanes. The clocks aboard the airplanes were slightly faster with respect to clocks on the ground. The effect is significant enough that the Global Positioning System's artificial

satellites need to have their clocks corrected

The basic concept of the delay line originated with World War II radar research, as a system to reduce clutter from reflections from the ground and other "fixed" objects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delay_line_memory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lase ... experiment