A 'guide' to NML - Chopper's Way

Chopper

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commented, liked, and favorited!

Man, Chopper you are too good. The 10 seconds from 1:50 until 2:00 is bar none, the greatest kiting I have ever seen in my entire history with zombies. That was the Mona Lisa of training.

The screen shake is a tactic mastered by few, and you, my friend, are the Grandmaster. 8-)

• 1 month later...

Watched it many times before, as it sits on my YouTube favorite lists. Just watched it again today and chopper has to be one of the most improvisational movers ever.

Even some of the best players as you watch them move you get a sense of where they set up the route for their movements. Many times I felt I could foresee the route unfold then he does an 180. Are these planned ahead or instinctively move as you go?

Watched it many times before, as it sits on my YouTube favorite lists. Just watched it again today and chopper has to be one of the most improvisational movers ever.

Even some of the best players as you watch them move you get a sense of where they set up the route for their movements. Many times I felt I could foresee the route unfold then he does an 180. Are these planned ahead or instinctively move as you go?

Thanks Jay :)

I tend to kite in 2 ways, safely where I've planned almost every move ahead or a more risky but ultimately rewarding style of playing instinctively.

In my opinion the best, fastest and most consistent way to get a huge start is to stay only at side drop before the first grenade. To do this most of it is instinctive, as you are doing a lot of blind turns and having to rely on a touch of luck or good reactions to escape. The main advantage of this is you can collect a messy hoard much, much, much quicker. This enables you to get the grenade of before that buzzer, or just on it and kill a whole hoard. If you have managed 1800 start, 1 or 2 dogs and a couple of nice zombies of the drop you are at like 33 kills on 48 seconds, with a full pistol. But it's massively risky and can lead to very frustrating times. Then I go back to moving around from the other side, past the stairs and around the back. It's safer if you time it well but you struggle to get the grenade off quickly enough.

Often hoards are really nice and you can play safe even in a small area but if you don't want to have to run around a big area, spreading them around it's good to have a way of dealing with the messy ones quickly and it's all instincts then.

I've tried to explain some of what I'm thinking whilst commentating but it happens so quickly I can't seem to find a way to get it across. I think that would explain some of what you are asking Jay. If you could give me a couple of timed examples in any of my videos I'll try and explain those :)

I have seen Tom's videos many times trying to learn and he strikes me as someone who choreographs his moves and sets up zombies. You on the other hand take what was given. Maybe the best way to describe is slippery and evasive? As you said many times before that you move instinctively, which is not something anyone can learn.

I don't get it, i have tried for a couple days now and i can't hit that 300 mark. I can easily PAP in 70-80 seconds and sometimes i even get M&S without even throwing my 2nd nade and I still seem to fall short in kills. I get M&S faster than most people i see on Youtube and i still land around 250ish kills.