A New Quick Revive Solo System

TheDunbarian

OK, let's admit it. We've all at some time or another been extremely frustrated with the Quick Revive system in Solo play. For example: Dunbar is on round 26 on Moon, running a train in the dome. Dunbar gets grabbed by an astronaut zombie. Other zombies go "Look, Dunbar can't move!" and they smack the s**t out of him till he goes down. Astronaut zombie continues chillin, waiting for Dunbar to stand up. Dunbar wields the Zap Guns whilst down, and therefore can do nothing about the astronaut. As soon as Dunbar stands up, astronaut thinks he's big and grabs Dunbar immediately, so other zombies can once again smack the s**t out of him before Dunbar even gets a chance.

That's just one example. The Quick Revive system is a good idea, but it needs some serious improvement. Unless a nuke is collected as soon as the player gets up, or it's an early round, or the round is basically over, the player is usually royally f**ked. Any ideas?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but Quick Revive in solo is supposed to compensate for the lack of a teammate that can pick you up. Sometimes it doesn't even come close. Like earlier today, on Verruckt, I went down. Do I get to use Mustang and Sally? Of course not, I get to wield my empty Ray Gun. It couldn't even give me an extra clip while I was down. Seriously, Treyarch...

Well, Quick Revive does send the zombies to other side of the map, as you are reviving. The important thing to do is to not shoot and crawl away from the zombies as you are getting up. If this works, you can keep most of the spawn intact, allowing for easy recovery as well as capitalizing on the true effects of Quick Revive.

It's important to note that crawling back does not expedite revival speed and that shooting spawns zombies near, sometimes even behind you, something that is fatal in most cases. My point: don't shoot, crawl away from the zombies, and you should be fine, unless you were killing a full horde as you went down.

I think it is kind of ridiculous quick revive works sometimes. Example, I was on 45 on kino the other day just got my first down, while im down about three zombies are directly in front of me just waiting for me to get up, luckily I had fast enough reactions to jump back with only one hit on me and get out of the situation but thats not the first time thats happened to me where I get down and they get really glitchy and dont run away but instead run into me or something.

True, but Quick Revive in solo is supposed to compensate for the lack of a teammate that can pick you up. Sometimes it doesn't even come close. Like earlier today, on Verruckt, I went down. Do I get to use Mustang and Sally? Of course not, I get to wield my empty Ray Gun. It couldn't even give me an extra clip while I was down. Seriously, Treyarch...

As Eye said, you're only doing more harm by killing zombies if you're down anyway, they'll just respawn on you as you try and get to the Juggernog machine.

But yeah, like I said, I think it'd be too overpowered if it were changed, the whole challenge of solo is that you have no teammates to rely on ;)

some ideas on how to survive on moon?

Yea, watch where you are going.

Increase your game volume, you can hear the astronaut from distance even if you cant see him.

When you go down DO NOT KILL ANY ZOMBIES. You should make a train as soon as you get up and make your way back to Juggernog.

Plan ahead, know when to use Gersch device or wave gun to kill a group. Don't take chances with dual wield.

QR is perfect, no need to change that. There is a reason why they left it in Spawn room. That's the price you pay for staying in the luxurious Dome with infinite training spots and almost next to teleporter.

My Solution to Quick Revive:

1) Get used to not using it at all. Makes you appreciate it more.

2) Get used to playing without Jugg. Takes some pressure off when you go down in solo, because you know surviving wont get any harder after reviving.

This is most likely why I like QR the way it is, I've done both of these 8-)