Richtofen Wants Out?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly never believed that Richtofen was one of the Illuminati. I believe he was referred to as a "faithful servant," but this certainly doesn't make him an actual member. He also refers to the Illuminati as "thee," which suggests an entity outside himself. He never refers to it as "us" or something he is really a part of.

Given as Richtofen was ordered by the Illuminati to kill Maxis, it doesn't make too much sense that Maxis would be one either, especially if you consider that the assassination note is written in cipher. Why bother if Maxis could read it? If we're being completely honest, I always believed that Richtofen resented the Illuminati for having him kill Maxis. My theories are weird, and that one probably doesn't warrant being explained right now, but no matter.

At any rate "get their hands on me" certainly suggests (to me) force, and could possibly suggest he was somehow tortured.

If there's already a thread on this quote, it might be helpful to link it or ask the mods to merge them. :)

If you're talking to me, my post was a direct response to...

Vader210":1ch4nkia]Why does he want out?

Was he tortured?

Was Maxis in the Illuminati also?

:?

Also, since the subject was whether or not Richtofen wants out, it's well within the scope of discussion to determine exactly how far in he was. The quote has potentially different connotative meanings depending on what his position within the Illuminati actually was. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly never believed that Richtofen was one of the Illuminati. I believe he was referred to as a "faithful servant," but this certainly doesn't make him an actual member. He also refers to the Illuminati as "thee," which suggests an entity outside himself. He never refers to it as "us" or something he is really a part of.

Given as Richtofen was ordered by the Illuminati to kill Maxis, it doesn't make too much sense that Maxis would be one either, especially if you consider that the assassination note is written in cipher. Why bother if Maxis could read it? If we're being completely honest, I always believed that Richtofen resented the Illuminati for having him kill Maxis. My theories are weird, and that one probably doesn't warrant being explained right now, but no matter.

At any rate "get their hands on me" certainly suggests (to me) force, and could possibly suggest he was somehow tortured.

If there's already a thread on this quote, it might be helpful to link it or ask the mods to merge them. :)

i aggree ive found proof well to me its proof that he was not an illuminat he was simply spying and using them :twisted:

Vader210":1jbkslf6]
I heard this quote before but never really paid much attention to it tho.

This would be my first time hearing this quote, considering this was used on Kino which I don't play that much,but this has me thinking. Why does he want out?

Was he tortured?

Was Maxis in the Illuminati also?

:?

new idea here mabye they tortured him and made his persanality split to make him there personal assasin but in his other persanality he is a scientist who has no idea about the other persanality and then for some reason when the zombies came he got stuck in the assasin persinality and still has the memories of the doctor and as he goes to each place gets more and more memorys back till he goes to der riese and gets them all back

Richtofen was working for the Illuminati while he was Dr. Maxis' assistant in Group 935. Thus, there is nothing to suggest that there's any division between his memories as a scientist and those from being with the Illuminati. He also doesn't display distinct and separate personalities.

• Administrators

Richtofen was working for the Illuminati while he was Dr. Maxis' assistant in Group 935. Thus, there is nothing to suggest that there's any division between his memories as a scientist and those from being with the Illuminati. He also doesn't display distinct and separate personalities.

I believe he does display personality changes, as he is rather calm and collected during all the tests in the Der Riese radios, yet we know that he has gone a bit crazy from the voices going through his head and making him do things he wouldn't normally do.

Personalities changes, yes, but not multiple personalities. He remains the same person with the same memories and such. Multiple personalities means having separate and distinct personas. Furthermore, the Moon radios show that Richtofen started hearing voices after encountering and touching the pyramid, but it did not seem to create an entirely different person. I'm certainly not going to argue that he doesn't have a potentially debilitating mental condition-- he certainly does, but it's not actual multiple personalities.