Kino Lobby Strategy (Round 60 Playthrough)

Hey guys, so I tried this strategy out for the first time yesterday in a casual solo game on Kino... turns out it works very well (0 downs until round 65).

I would recommend starting it no earlier than round 30; it's easier to run the stage until then, but this becomes an easy strategy once all of the zombies start spawning in one clump.

MTEuE_oTfQI

The general idea is, once you get onto the Quick Revive side of the room, you'll want to stay on that side of the room for as long as possible to give all of the zombies time to spawn in so the way is clear when you go back down the opposite stairs... hence why I do a lot of dragging on and at the top of the stairs.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The train itself is very cool, it's my favorite on Kino. It's just a bit problematic in co-op, very sporadic spawns without a system in it. Sometimes 5 at a time come in, then just no one, then 1 every 10 seconds... Leads to pretty unorganized situations. But in solo, very awesome.

The key is that 3/4 spawns + all nova spawns are downstairs, as well the guys from the upstair spawn will also walk down just at the beginning. So that gives you an easy time upstairs to gather them up.

I would never do it like so. 40-45 seconds a wave :cry:

I would try to shoot at the M14 after the little compressing half circle and sprint back down. You'll probably miss some nova's and it might be a bit tricky until you are back in your move, because they start to spawn fast. But I could imagine it working.

Nice Super. Tom, all spawns on Kino are too slow :(

The quickest 2 are the alley and the lobby but just staying downstairs. Both are between 23 and 26 seconds :)

The long way as Super shows is much safer, and at around 35-40 seconds it's not too slow. I managed just the lobby until 50, but it cost me all 3 QRs. I was saying to Eye that if I ever do 100 on Kino I will use the bastard child of what I did and Super is doing to create the ultimate speed/safe strategy :)

I remembered Chopper told me to leave that door shut, so the same time you were doing your run I was doing mine but ended on 40. I was just counting zombies using thunder and no traps. I ran out of thunder and suicided later.

But yea same exact strategy but quick pointer is that at rounds 25- 40 they still spawn bit slow so i normally do a small circle by olympia before i approach the quick revive side of stair case. I m surprised to see that this is not needed at 60+. Because i normally leave that door opened and train in the lobby. It was v painful. But then I was training in the alley before. I guess I will vote for this strategy compared to alley because it is less risky.

I started running this strategy at round 32 or 33 after a Hellhound round, you can run it exactly the same as long as you do all of the dragging that I'm doing in this video here. After round 40 though it get's easier as they start spawning in a clump.

You're right Tom that shooting earlier may save time in the short term, but you'll only be killing about 3 quarters of a wave by doing this so you'll end up wasting a lot of ammo, which means you'll have to recycle the Thundergun more often, which would most likely cost you more time in the long run. You could of course just run the bottom area like Chopper does in his speed runs, which saves time but as he said it's very risky and even a great player like himself lost all of his QRs by round 50, whereas going at a steady pace in the same area I had 0 downs until round 65, and that was from being in the PM63 room hitting the box mid-round... and as I said that down was caused by a lapse of concentration.

I think finding the balance between speed and safety is the best way to pick a strategy, and this strategy fits that perfectly I feel.

• 1 month later...

I think this also proves my point that you don't need to spend hours and hours farming points up until round 30 or 40, just a waste of time. I got the Ray Gun at round 12, started using that to take out all of my hordes until round 20, when I started using the Thundergun. Yet, at round 60, I have a very nice point-cushion.