Classic Maps 3.0

Alright, so we had the classic maps in Black Ops, right? Yes, but compared to the originals, at least in my opinion, they were relatively mediocre, for not only gameplay reasons (black ops guns), but graphics and sound(more on that later), as well as the storyline area. I still liked them, but not as much.

So, this thread is basically to show how they can actually, say, perfect these maps, if they were to recreate them a second time (doubtful).

NACHT DER UNTOTEN

Gameplay-

Alright, so it’s still a pretty fun map in the BO version. My main problem here is the BO guns in the box. Just doesn’t make sense in WWII to me. Not only that, but the thunder gun and monkey bombs were not yet created. It just doesn’t show Treyarch’s improvement over time, and makes it slightly less fun for me at the least. Changing these back would be a plus. Mule kick has got to go as well, does not belong, and again does not show treyarch’s improvements.

As for the zombie AI, which is vastly improved from the original, actually makes this map a lot harder, so something might have to be done to ease it up a little if the above changes are to be made.

Graphics/ sound-

Okay, the zombie skins are much improved from the original. I like that. They also sound a lot like they do on later maps, cool as well. Unfortunately, this is supposed to be a creepy map, and at the beginning, they scream a ton more than the original.

What I also didn’t like was the background music. It made things less creepy as well. In the original, there was just the sound of the air. Bring that back, so I don’t have to turn the music down.

Storyline-

Get rid of the crew here. I never liked that they were here, it didn’t make sense in the story.

Instead, put the marines back in. Make more of a story for this map. Presumably, these are the verruckt marines, so maybe make custom skins for them.

I’m one of those people who believes Dempsey fought the zombies in Verruckt as well (makes more sense to me than getting captured early), so he could actually stay here.

Give them new dialogue, personalities, anything.

Put the old cutscene back in, but expand on it. Give this map a true story, please Treyarch.

VERRUCKT

Gameplay-

Again, black ops guns must be taken out. It makes no sense. I suggest no monkey bombs here either, but the limericks John Banana wrote suggest that there was at least one in there, so I wouldn’t mind and easter egg with that per say. Winter’s Howl can stay if they can give a story reason for it.

No mule kick again

Bring the sprinters back, they made this map so much fun, and really brought meaning to Verruckt’s name- crazy.

Graphics/sound-

I was always under the impression that the verruckt outbreak happened a day or two before the marines got there. Why do the zombies look so decayed in the BO version? I actually wouldn’t mind if they looked like the original people with glowing eyes zombies in this one, because it makes sense.

The background music again ruins the effect. I don’t know if anyone’s heard the sounds in the background, but they were phenomenal, they made this map the creepiest. The background music just ruins this.

Storyline-

Get rid of the crew again, we know the marines were here in the story, it makes sense for them to be here, for less confusion in the story. Again, expand upon their characters.

I suggest another cutscene for this map as well, explaining how they got here, etc. Would be cool. Also, any new minor easter eggs are always welcome.

SHI NO NUMA

Gameplay-

Ah, how I love this map. I don’t know why, but doesn’t feel as great in BO. For starters, no BO weapons again. No monkeys, they weren’t here yet. No Mule kick.

Honest to god, that’s really it for gameplay in SNN.

Graphics/sound-

I loved the zombie skins in the original. Hate them in BO. All they are is nazi and American zombies from Five and kino with a Japanese uniform. Seriously. Make them a little more original this time.

With the crews skins, make Takeo lose his mustache, he hasn’t gotten it yet. Ze doctor’s hat was also tan back then, instead of grey. I think that was just an accident, but it still looks cooler this way.Wouldn’t mind completely original first person skins for all of them either.

Also, there seems to be a weird graphical glitch in BO SNN, in the box spawn. It really irks me, it just flashes white randomly when you move sometimes.

As far as audio, I think we’re good here. I don’t remember the same background music, but perhaps I have forgotten.

Storyline-]

We really need a cutscene here, no one’s really sure about this part of the story, whether the doc brought the crew here, or if the crew got there on their own with a mission.

This is the first map that could be revamped with a major EE, I wouldn’t mind that. Perhaps open up the area to the meteor for that?

Little EEs always accepted.

DER RIESE

Gameplay-

Get rid of Black ops weapons and mule kick. If you could, maybe expand the DG-3’s zombie range, since people were complaining about that?

Same things with Tak & Ric’s skins here.

That’s really all I have to say for gameplay

Graphics/sound-

I’m okay with the zombie skins here, but I still liked the originals more. If these were brought back improved, I would be happy.

Storyline-

We don’t need a cutscene here, but it would still be nice

Addition of Major EE? The hide and seek one isn’t really an EE….

Smaller EEs always welcome.

GENERAL

Gameplay-

Dive to prone MUST come back. It’s so much fun!

I keep stressing this, but REMOVE THE BO WEAPONS. Replace them with WWII guns again.

Basic zombie skills obviously.

Graphics/sound-

Obviously update them again. Just make unique skins for the zombies and crew, kay?

Please, fix the music EEs cutting out. I think we can all agree on this one.

Storyline-

More EEs

Bring more revelations, this is why cutscenes are good.

Remove Nikolai, Takeo, and the Doc from NDU and verruckt, permanently. They do not belong. Dempsey may or may not.

So that is basically all I have for the Classics 3.0. If you guys have any suggestion for that as well, post em, and let me know if you guys like my ideas, if these maps ever get recreated again.

EDIT: Black Ops Maps 2.0 is up as well, if you guys wanna check that out here

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! [brains] for you! Also, I agree with you on the Black Ops weapons and the crew to be taken out but I think they should keep monkeys, Mule Kick, and the Thundergun. I know it wouldn't make any sense but IMO it makes the maps more fun. What you said about the graphics and sound tweaks I also agree with.

EDIT: It won't let me give you brains for I just gave someone some so I'll do it when I can.

Very nice! [brains] for you! Also, I agree with you on the Black Ops weapons and the crew to be taken out but I think they should keep monkeys, Mule Kick, and the Thundergun. I know it wouldn't make any sense but IMO it makes the maps more fun. What you said about the graphics and sound tweaks I also agree with.

EDIT: It won't let me give you brains for I just gave someone some so I'll do it when I can.

Out of those three, monkeys is probably the least of my worries. Technically, NDU is bare bones zombies, and shouldn't contain the thundergun. I don't know, with that NDU just never felt as cool.

Mule kick is the worst, though. It makes Double tap useless on the classics, and since there isn't a perk bottle there, we can't get all of them.

The main reason I wouldn't want monkeys is simply because of the whole Treyarch progress thing. I'd ok it on verruckt, and maybe SNN. NDU... I'm not sure.

Thanks for the comment btw, glad you agreed, and thanks in the future for [brains]

i think nacht and verruckt should have there own original wonder weapons

Well, Nacht has the Ray gun :lol: Verruckt, well that was where the PPSh was added :lol: Okay, kidding about that being a WW. Honestly, the Winters Howl is probably perfect for it. I'm not sure what else they could do.

Also, glad you're all likeing the post :D

i think nacht and verruckt should have there own original wonder weapons

Well, Nacht has the Ray gun :lol: Verruckt, well that was where the PPSh was added :lol: Okay, kidding about that being a WW. Honestly, the Winters Howl is probably perfect for it. I'm not sure what else they could do.

Also, glad you're all likeing the post :D

good point

but the ray gun does more hurt than help

I'd like to see these maps with the WaW guns in the box and on the wall, I'd also like to see the winters howl to be much more powerful (like 2 hit freeze or something) Its unfair that every other map has a WW thats always 1 shot kill except Five and Verruckt. I'd like to see the black ops maps with the black ops guns in and on the wall, with the addition of ALL the perks, also the 4 perks origional on nacht aswell+ packapunch on the 3 maps without it. All 11 maps should somehow be re-mastered and in BO2.

Double tap should be in ascension, i don't understand why its not, in my eyes its one of the best ones. Doing circles round verruckt on round 20+ getting trapped with only a thompson, thats when double tap comes in handy :lol:

That is so true. WaW zombies is sooooo underrated it makes me sick.

As a fellow PS3er I am praying that Acti wont renew that contract every PS3 person wants to burn. :twisted:

they most likely will and if so it will be for longer period of time.this deal i am not sure but it is since W@W like this what i remember.From Verruckt dlc we were waiting one month!it is 4 years now so i gues it will be for 10 years the new deal!They doing this because otherwise they would not made PS3 user to swit on xbox!hopfuly it wont happen but i know the policy of microsoft!Even the androids phones cant get the stuff what got iphone!

To be honest, I don't feel much like buying the WaW maps for a third time. If anything, they should just combine ALL zombie maps for a stand-alone arcade game available for DLC with all of the features the iPhone versions have but obviously with the current gen graphics, etc.

That, or just like Rock Band or Guitar Hero DLC, have it automatically transfer over.

Assuming they do bring back the WaW maps again.

To be honest, I don't feel much like buying the WaW maps for a third time. If anything, they should just combine ALL zombie maps for a stand-alone arcade game available for DLC with all of the features the iPhone versions have but obviously with the current gen graphics, etc.

That, or just like Rock Band or Guitar Hero DLC, have it automatically transfer over.

Assuming they do bring back the WaW maps again.

I don't really like the whole stand alone zombies type idea, tbh. That's just me though.

Transferring them over would also be BA, but Activision wouldn't allow it here, sadly.

I know where you're at with not wanting to buy it a third time. Well, personally I don't really care if they perfect these maps. If it was just another BO classic maps type thing, I'd skim over it, because it's not worth it to me then.

Chances are, if they don't continue zombies (which, would be hard to believe) then they will definitely bring back some maps for sure. But if anything, they'll just likely do the something they did in Blops, only just with the Blops maps being the "classic maps" in this case.

Chances are, if they don't continue zombies (which, would be hard to believe) then they will definitely bring back some maps for sure. But if anything, they'll just likely do the something they did in Blops, only just with the Blops maps being the "classic maps" in this case.

I just pray to god they don't screw them up as badly... The only one of the classics in BO that felt like it was similar to the original was Der Riese.

Well, and that's because each of the maps before hand had something a little different where as in Blops, they all just followed the same system and Der Riese was the "latest and greatest" with all the stuff fixed/changed/added already.

Such as, zombies reaching through windows, sprinters in verruckt, sprinting dogs in SNN. All those were in WaW and were apparently "broken".

The thing with the classic maps in Black Ops is that they weren't supposed to feel entirely like the original maps, but rather as a new take on them (a "remix", if you will). Personally, I liked having the Black Ops weapons in the box, including the Wonder Weapons. I also liked the addition of Mule Kick, and the cast of characters in the first two maps. They needed to change something in those maps. Otherwise, it would just be the same content on a different disc. I agree that they could have done the graphics better with the skins and stuff, but to be honest, with stuff like the SNN zombie skins you were complaining about, I never even noticed the difference.

I have some complaints about what they added and left out (like the Verruckt sprinters, also the hidden songs on Shi No Numa and Der Riese end about 30 seconds early for no particular reason). But for the most part I think they did a good job of "rezzurecting" the classic maps with a fresher feel.

The thing with the classic maps in Black Ops is that they weren't supposed to feel entirely like the original maps, but rather as a new take on them (a "remix", if you will). Personally, I liked having the Black Ops weapons in the box, including the Wonder Weapons. I also liked the addition of Mule Kick, and the cast of characters in the first two maps. They needed to change something in those maps. Otherwise, it would just be the same content on a different disc. I agree that they could have done the graphics better with the skins and stuff, but to be honest, with stuff like the SNN zombie skins you were complaining about, I never even noticed the difference.

I have some complaints about what they added and left out (like the Verruckt sprinters, also the hidden songs on Shi No Numa and Der Riese end about 30 seconds early for no particular reason). But for the most part I think they did a good job of "rezzurecting" the classic maps with a fresher feel.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that... I never liked how they did any of that stuff. I think it was more of a test than anything else, and in my eyes, it failed. Sure, it's better than no maps, but it just doesn't give the same old feeling of fun like before. That's what annoys me.