iron wolf project? *Confirmed False*

antvic

And the fun begins, all you old timers on here know what I mean, check out the link andhttp://ironwolfproject.com/ let me know what you all think. legit? sorry about that, just go to ironwolfporject.com, lol ironwolfproject.com, damm i need a beer! update: ok found something right click on site view scource and scroll down to the bottom, intresting dont u think? now google the quote. also if you click on the first link at the top of the page, u find the info in regards to the dojo foundation a company the hides the true people and or company behind the web site.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the time I have been away from these kinds of things, I have lost my spark.

From the looks of its cover, it seems legitimate of source. But we all now that nothing should be judged by the cover.

The use of the Matrix quote throws me off a bit, as I do not believe a real Treyarch/Activision associate would use a line from a Sci-Fi film.

Also, this is Activisions usual style of copyright:

© 2011 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision, Call of Duty, and Modern Warfare are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

Although of this new site, a more generic style is chosen:

© 2012 - TRADEMARKS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

On a final note. Whoever does own this site has a fair amount of money, as they have paid for the Whois Gaurd Protection. But this may have been their biggest blunder as the main Call of Duty website is registered via markmonitor.com, not namecheap.com, and it is not protected by Whois Guard. It clearly says that callofduty.com is owned by Mary Truck at Activision.

EDIT #1:

Another disappointing factor is that if you go to ironwolfproject.com/vilkas/ it appears to be a normal 404 page but at the bottom it reads:

Go to another directory Neo...

That is my take on the situation. I currently think that this website is fraudulent, although a very good attempt. I shall review this matter as time goes on.

I have had my web developing friend look into this matter, and he has verified my thoughts.

There is still a small amount of doubt though about this site being genuine.

I advise that we keep an eye on it, and I STRONGLY recommend that no-one enters their e-mail until we are 100% sure of this sites authenticity.

There has been some speculation about Call of Duty: Iron Wolf. A few months ago, http://www.ironwolfproject.com was set up. There was no info from Activision or Treyarch as to whether this was for their next CoD game. Today, this website updated, allowing users to enter their email address to receive an Iron Wolf newsletter.

DO NOT ENTER YOUR EMAIL!

Both Treyarch and Multiplayer Designer David "Vahn" Vonderhaar have tweeted out saying this website is a hoax, and is not affiliated with Treyarch of Activision.

Be safe guys ;)

CCM

The way its set out just makes me think its nothing bad, the way they've used ''Iron wolf project'' instead of just ''Iron wolf'' sort of suggests that it is a group of people trying to find information on this supposed CoD 9 Iron wolf game, making it into a ''Project'' for them. And when they do find info, they would distribute this 'Newsletter'. I do hope Treyarch will be making CoD 9, i really enjoyed black ops multiplayer.

The way its set out just makes me think its nothing bad, the way they've used ''Iron wolf project'' instead of just ''Iron wolf'' sort of suggests that it is a group of people trying to find information on this supposed CoD 9 Iron wolf game, making it into a ''Project'' for them. And when they do find info, they would distribute this 'Newsletter'. I do hope Treyarch will be making CoD 9, i really enjoyed black ops multiplayer.

Yeah, same. I'm pretty sure they are doing. Vahn's been tweeting out asking for suggestions and feedback. I enjoyed Black Ops too. It makes a nice change in between the madness of MW3. MW3 craziness is fun, but Black Ops style, more chilled out multiplayer is a welcome break.

I glad to see that this post got some attition, but what gets me mad is who changed the subject to add confirmed false? are we at the censorship stage now? you put your thought in a reply post not change the subject and that goes for mods and admins period. Ive been here awhile now I dont post much but post when i can if this continues i will not post again. I know for a fact that this never happened before!

I glad to see that this post got some attition, but what gets me mad is who changed the subject to add confirmed false? are we at the censorship stage now? you put your thought in a reply post not change the subject and that goes for mods and admins period. Ive been here awhile now I dont post much but post when i can if this continues i will not post again. I know for a fact that this never happened before!

It hasn't been censored. Our two topics have been merged because they were almost identical, mine was just a follow up to yours. Simple.