DER RIESE - BARRIER Trick

PAULY-HXC

Hey all, So I don't really consider this a glitch. I'm not manipulating the gameplay in any way, it just seems to be a flaw in the programming.

Let me explain. also, if this is considered a "glitch" that's fine, delete the post and berrate me for being a nasty "glitcher"

It boils down to this. if you open up to the power going through the M1/Trench Gun route, you MUST keep the door at the top of the stairs in the THOMPSON room [garage] closed. You also Cannot open up the door to the Teleporter in the room just passed the DOUBLE TAP machine, this is where the "trick" takes place.

If you have both of those barriers still in tact [thompson stairs and teleporter door] you have it ready. now if you are solo, all you have to do is Be in this room at the beginning of the round [and don't leave for the duration of the spawn] and the zombies will ONLY spawn out of that one window. The same holds true for if you are Co-op, every member has to be in this room when the round counter changes over, and not leave for the duration, and the zombies will only spawn at this one window.

This is handy to use up until the 20th or so round, so everyone can build up the same ammount of points, and at he end of each round, you just leave 1 zombie [i prefer a walker because it takes shorter for them to get back to you after you run around and grab guns/perks/ammo etc] and everyone can go off, hit the box, do what they have to do, and when you're ready again, go back to the room, and kill the last zombie, he will always spawn a power up also.

For the players that arent accustomed to running trains, or go down frequently in the early rounds and cant build points enough, this is a great assistant so they can build points with little fear of going down so when it IS time to split up [i have never emploiyed this trick passed the 23rd round because then it is PAP time]

i also like this because after we split up, i generally always run my train in the thompson room, and having the barrier in place at the top of the stairs is crucial for that success.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember my friend and I used to do this on split-screen, just for fun. It'd be interesting if you added a poll to this to see if people consider it a glitch or not.

By standard definitions this is not a glitch as such, I guess it's not too different from keeping the Bowie Knife door closed to stop them coming behind you.

On the other hand though, it's unsporting to gain an unfair advantage from a flaw in the game's programming. I mean, with this particular flaw you can have someone keep repairing the 1 window and the zombies would never, ever make it in. This means you could make it to 30+ in solo just camping, no kiting whatsoever, without even upgrading, which would be almost impossible when played under normal conditions in any area, but it's really simple when abusing this flaw.

Not to mention the mid-round Hellhounds don't spawn at any time while you're doing this.

This is not a glitch for me, however something that should be fixed by the programmers.

Sounds pretty funny, having all zombies at one window. I heard somewhere once, that if you make 2 3 crawlers in front of the windows, the zombies behind cant even reach you anymore... That then be quite a questionable play ;) However, it still won't take you to 50 or what so ever.

This is pretty much a fast way to get through the early boring rounds. I dont do it though because I can camp by the power switch with the back closed just as easily so theres no need to use this. It technicaly is a glitch but it doesnt really matter if you do it or not, its not gonna really help you get farther than maybe 30 anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

There is also exactly the same type of glitch in iOS shi no numa where all the zombies only spawn from one window in a certain area of the map.

A glitch is defined as "a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers" and glitching is "the practice of a player exploiting faults in a video game's programming to achieve tasks normally impossible if the game's script runs as intended".

I would say based on those definitions this could be considered a glitch, as the programmers would not have intended zombies to only spawn from one window under certain conditions, but this is maybe not as bad a glitch as one where you can't get hit at all, or one which causes Zombies to gather in a certain area of the map like certain Nacht and Der Riese glitches.

Personally I am against any form of cheating or intentional glitching to gain an advantage.

• 5 months later...

A friend showed me this trick before. We only did it that one game because it made it boring, I like playing regularly.

Anyways, when he showed me this trick/glitch/whatever-you-believe-it-is, we had the door to Double Tap and the door to the Thompson open, so you don't have to keep the Thompson door closed for it to work. I don't believe it works if you open the teleporter door however.

This is pretty much a fast way to get through the early boring rounds. I dont do it though because I can camp by the power switch with the back closed just as easily so theres no need to use this. It technicaly is a glitch but it doesnt really matter if you do it or not, its not gonna really help you get farther than maybe 30 anyways.

Are you sure it couldn't be used to get higher than round 30? it wouldn't work on solo, but it might on co-op. If you just keep repairing the barrier none of the zombies will get through, so if you run out of ammo you could just have all the zombies gather up at the door then have one person keep them trapped there while the other goes and gets ammo/perks/PaPs, etc. Doing it like that you could get to high round without any risk involved as none of the zombies would even come out onto the map. It's take much longer than say, using the traps to get through high rounds (MUCH longer), but it could get you to a very high round if you have the patience and a tolerance for boredom.

It wouldn't work in solo, however, as once you run out of ammo and are forced to get some you'd have to let zombies get out of the barrier. Still possible for co-op however, it would just be boring on a mind-numbing scale.

Well I guess you learn something new everyday. I hadn't heard of this before. You couldn't certainly exploit this farther by making the first 3 zombies crawlers in the window. Then one person boards with no threat to their life while the other player kills and vice versa.

I would consider this a glitch but not nearly as bad as most of them. And it would just get too boring to try to get to high rounds doing this.

Might try it for fun some day but I doubt I'll have the patience to do it for long.