The one thing I would KILL to have in ZOMBIES (Not literaly)

A Custom Map Design engine~!

I have dreamed of having something like this in Zombies. Sure it would be difficult to implement, but not impossible, as long as certain Criterias were put in place, mostly boundries. There would certainly be no Leaderboards available for custom maps, but it would be awsome to create and share maps containing our own challenges and playing styles for survival. It would also DRAMATICALLY INCREASE REPLAY VALUE!! The game would almost never get boring for any die hard zombie player, as something fresh could always be made.

Treyarch could even still make money off their own Map Packs by implementing new Utlities, Zombies, Perks, Etc. That can be used in the Custom map creator (basicly using their maps as "Demonstrations" for how all of these new implements will function, as well as advancing storyline.)

This would also shut up some of the people who complain about maps being "too hard" or "too easy" because you could just create a map that matches your difficulty level. (Close and tight for harder, Big and open for Easier, etc.)

Now I know people who are huge on storyline might not think this is a good idea. I understand. Just dont get all freaky about that opinion, please.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I am mixed with this. I think that they should do it, as an update or DLC with the last of the map packs so all of their maps can be thoroughly enjoyed first, and of course they would need to be special compared to what can be made in the editor, but if it worked like Halo reaches Forge world, and custom game editor, I could see endless possibilities, as what can be made in forge world can be astonishing, the true base maps are more complex than almost any custom map I have seen.

There would still be hype, especially if they add new gameplay elements. Hell, I would imagine it would give them a drive to implement something that is actually AWSOME so that it would overshadow any map that could be created with the existing elements. But then again, adding something too big would make people complain, as pretty much everything they have added lately has, so I get your point. But if they added new cool things, I would buy map packs just for something new to make a map with.

A lot of new maps disapointed me though. There are just things I wish I could do in zombies that I havent really been able to in any zombie levels due to layout and other factors. Dont get me wrong, the maps are great, but I kinda expected more, just because of the hype. The things they added were cool, but IMO implemented somewhat poorly with how the maps were layed out.

All and all, I just wanna make some maps XD. I love map making games.

i think this is an amazing idea! shure there would be A LOT of shitt maps but out of the crap there would be maps that rival Treyarch maps! for example in little big planet 2 (if u havent played it u will think that it is a kids game but it is extremely addictive so dont troll me) some of the player levels are incredible, better than the creators of the game. it could definatly make the game playable for 10 times longer :D

I think that they should do it, as an update or DLC with the last of the map packs so all of their maps can be thoroughly enjoyed first, and of course they would need to be special compared to what can be made in the editor, but if it worked like Halo reaches Forge world, and custom game editor, I could see endless possibilities, as what can be made in forge world can be astonishing, the true base maps are more complex than almost any custom map I have seen.

This.

I also don't think it'd be too difficult to implement. I'd like to see something similar to the create-a-skatepark feature seen in the Tony Hawk games, where you make your layout and place your spawn points etc.

II THINK in zombies they should add a thing called super perk that will allow you to get all the perks on that map for 15oo points

snn=36

nacht=34

verruct=45

moon=39(and all eastereggs)i was first in no mans landfor three days 437 kills 3 hours 2mins 43sec

callofthedead=27(all eastereggs)

shangri la=29(alleastereggs)

kino=39(solo and )online 76

five(38)

deadops(17 online)solo 27

derriese=67

acension(alleasterreggs)=43

all easter eggs complete

the next map will mabe be mars

on moon loading screen there a map at the very start! there should be no campaign it would ruin the exitment i think nacht waz not the first map and the last map ever will be they teleport back in time to when the zombies were being made at the map "935" and there should be an achievment called end it all and they should at a dual pack a puch so pack a puch twice and add an acid gun :D please reply treyarch

There is already a possibility to create custom maps for call of duty world at war. Some maps are good and some are bad. But its definetly more fun to play the real maps. So you still get the hype for new maps and you never get bored. So its the best feature I could ever imagine.

II THINK in zombies they should add a thing called super perk that will allow you to get all the perks on that map for 15oo points

snn=36

nacht=34

verruct=45

moon=39(and all eastereggs)i was first in no mans landfor three days 437 kills 3 hours 2mins 43sec

callofthedead=27(all eastereggs)

shangri la=29(alleastereggs)

kino=39(solo and )online 76

five(38)

deadops(17 online)solo 27

derriese=67

acension(alleasterreggs)=43

all easter eggs complete

the next map will mabe be mars

on moon loading screen there a map at the very start! there should be no campaign it would ruin the exitment i think nacht waz not the first map and the last map ever will be they teleport back in time to when the zombies were being made at the map "935" and there should be an achievment called end it all and they should at a dual pack a puch so pack a puch twice and add an acid gun :D please reply treyarch

How did you get that many NML kills? Did you run out of ammo and then just knife the last 200? Are you on Xbox or PS3? Feel free to add me, PSN and XBL both piepwns. Anyways, back on topic, I have always thought it would have been cool to have a general map layout, then just change where all of the interact-able things are.

Eh... I think it would get over complicated in a hurry. People making bullshit maps with exploits would be almost worse than finding terrible players without mics...

As far as the zombies themselves, I'd like to see variety. Sure, they had zombies with different outfits, but it would basically be a swarm of zombies all wearing the same 3 outfits.

I wouldn't mind a map with good 'ol civilian zombies with all kinds of casual clothing mixed in with some familiar army zombies.