Call of Duty Elite Involvement in Zombies

Risiiii

With Activision trying to get people to buy into Elite's premium membership, do you think that they'll make zombies content for elite premium members only? I'm personally still trying to justify my $50 purchase for this membership but if they released zombie content I would defiantly renew next year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Elite Premium, you get the DLCs and everything else for $50. Without Elite, you can still buy the DLCs for $15 apiece. But look at it this way- you can buy 4 map packs and the advantages that come with premium for $50, or you can get 4 map packs and nothing else for $60. If you look at it this way, it really is a good deal.

With Elite Premium, you get the DLCs and everything else for $50. Without Elite, you can still buy the DLCs for $15 apiece. But look at it this way- you can buy 4 map packs and the advantages that come with premium for $50, or you can get 4 map packs and nothing else for $60. If you look at it this way, it really is a good deal.

That's false. Even with elite, you still have to purchase the map packs. They are just cheaper than buying them separately.

However, if you look at the bigger picture, you're actually spending more just to have them than buying them individually. Because you STILL have to pay the 50 bucks a year just to have elite.

Activision wouldn't okay elite if it didn't mean more ways to milk our cash...

Plus, I'd bet you that if you bought the map packs on the elite subscription price, you'd have to keep your elite subscription active in order to have access to the DLC. Just saying.

Yeah elite itself is a waste. I got it with the hardened edition so it wasn't tha much money. The only way I would renew next year would be if they had something with zombies.

See, and the problem with that is that you know they are going to do something with it. If Elite makes it so that in anyway, ruins zombies or makes it unfair to access, I will just go back to Blops.

I would they think would be above such schemes. If this is not the case, I'd be extremely, extremely disappointed.

Now, if they had a completely separate membership, like 'Zombies 1337' or something, I'd be down with that. I'd actually love that. It would finally give the Zombies community the recognition we deserve.

But, to be honest, if they released the maps through normal Elite, I'm not sure I'd be willing to buy them, because 4 maps aren't worth 50 dollars, plus all the other ish they make us pay. I love Zombies, but I'm not going to give in to their ridiculous schemes like some mindless sheep (I hate that term, but it applies here). And, to be honest, I'd probably start a petition or something to not buy the maps until they release them separately from Call of Duty Elite, because Zombies has nothing to do with multiplayer, and it should be kept that way.

I would they think would be above such schemes. If this is not the case, I'd be extremely, extremely disappointed.

Now, if they had a completely separate membership, like 'Zombies 1337' or something, I'd be down with that. I'd actually love that. It would finally give the Zombies community the recognition we deserve.

But, to be honest, if they released the maps through normal Elite, I'm not sure I'd be willing to buy them, because 4 maps aren't worth 50 dollars, plus all the other ish they make us pay. I love Zombies, but I'm not going to give in to their ridiculous schemes like some mindless sheep (I hate that term, but it applies here). And, to be honest, I'd probably start a petition or something to not buy the maps until they release them separately from Call of Duty Elite, because Zombies has nothing to do with multiplayer, and it should be kept that way.

Unfortnately, I guarantee they will just throw the Zombie maps in along with the rest of the maps because that's how all the zombie maps have been added so far: As one of the five maps.

Not to mention, Elite is primarily used for Clans. Infact, another name for Elite might as well be "Pimp my clan", because that's all it really is: Special toys for special boys. If you paid the subscription, then you have access to find other clans, setup games, compare stats, customize clan tags, etc.

You know they are going to throw on options for zombie clans in a heart beat.

I wouldn't be so against it if they didn't have this stupid "First class, gets first serve" shit...

• 3 weeks later...

I think that activision will do what they are doing for mw3 ie releasing maps for elite subscribers and then for everyone else in a content pack but there will be an elite subscription in the hardened and prestige editions personally I think that elite some concepts are good like comparing stats with friends but I think they should at least release the dlc on the same date per console ( I would prefer it if there was not a deal with Microsoft so every zombie player can go and try to find things and solve Easter eggs from day one)

P.s. I'm a Xbox user

That's false. Even with elite, you still have to purchase the map packs. They are just cheaper than buying them separately.

However, if you look at the bigger picture, you're actually spending more just to have them than buying them individually. Because you STILL have to pay the 50 bucks a year just to have elite.

Activision wouldn't okay elite if it didn't mean more ways to milk our cash...

Plus, I'd bet you that if you bought the map packs on the elite subscription price, you'd have to keep your elite subscription active in order to have access to the DLC. Just saying.

That isn't true, because I have elite premium and I have already gotten 3 new maps without paying a penny. The map packs are a part of having elite, whether you like it or not. Like I said it actually is cheaper overall if you went through the hassle to set it up. It really is worth it when you look at it the way I do.

Theres quite a lot of misinformation in this thread, as an elite premium member (cost £35, roughly $55?) with a massive interest in zombies I feel I should clarify:

all maps come free with elite, in monthly installments instead of quarterly.

This doesn't affect your ability to buy the map packs one by one without elite. Any elite integration is positive or does not affect you.

Alright, so let me put it this way:

What fun is it then when you have to renew your subscription just to keep the maps, AND get them all so early that you're bored by the time everyone else gets them?

And that's besides the point. I pay 50 bucks to have XBL for a year. And that includes ALL games with the same available content. And what, because Cod 'so great', I should just pay another 50 bucks per year for ONE game for SOME additional toys to play with?

Gee, best 50 bucks I ever spent...

100% correct right here. I really don't get why everybody is up in arms about Elite! Really, Elite is for die-hard Call Of Duty fans who will, without a doubt, be buying the DLC.

You pay £35 ($50) for an Elite subscription. You get all the Elite features, and early DLC.

If you decide to buy each Map Pack separately, that's £10 ($15) each, with 4 Map Packs. That's a total of £40 ($60). So by getting Elite, you've saved money, gotten a tonne of cool Elite features on the website, and you get the DLC early! Elite's a friggin' amazing thing! And it isn't making anybody wait for DLC either. When did the first MW2 map pack come out? March. When's this Map Pack coming out? March. Elite haters have nothing to complain about but their own misfortune and misguidance. Hater's gonna hate i'm afraid :D

I always get the "prestige" edition for Treyarch games.

If Elite comes with the premium edition of CoD 9, I'll use it, but no way in hell am I paying to get the same practical services that the WaW website offered when WaW was released.

The only difference is the DLC, and the whole clan thing.

Other then that, Activision is technically LOSING money, seeing as it costs less to use Elite then to buy the map packs, and they are not charging anything for the extra services.

It's a waste, people.

If you are going to buy the map packs, Elite saves you money. Period. Not to mention they have a lot of extras thrown in. Is it perfect? By no means. It has its issues that it's working through. It's its first year. It'll get better.

Now on the zombie side of things with Elite, I bet it'll be just like now. With the subscription, you'll get the maps early. It'll probably be like "January: 1 MP Map, 1 Zombie Map February: 2 MP Maps March: 1 MP Map DLC Released to non premiums April: 1 MP Map, 1 Zombie Map, etc." So you get them the same time period as we did with Black Ops DLC, but you'll get them earlier(and cheaper in the end) than non-premiums.

So though all of you whine and complain, in the end you'll understand that this is the only way to get the maps early and cheaper and you'll get a subscription in the end.