Do You Want To Run CoDz?

carbonfibah

Ultimately, only Carbon, Covert, and Alpha know what it is truly like to run this site, so they should be the ones to decide the next owner. They know who the people are that will be able to run it. They don't want to put it up to a vote and have someone inexperienced win, that is the last thing they want. They need to be absolutely sure that they are picking the right person, for the good of the whole site. That is why I think there should NOT be a vote. It's a bad idea.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately, only Carbon, Covert, and Alpha know what it is truly like to run this site, so they should be the ones to decide the next owner. They know who the people are that will be able to run it. They don't want to put it up to a vote and have someone inexperienced win, that is the last thing they want. They need to be absolutely sure that they are picking the right person, for the good of the whole site. That is why I think there should NOT be a vote. It's a bad idea.

Oh really? What about the community? Don't we get the right to choose the person who is going to lead us and represent the site?

Oh really? What about the community? Don't we get the right to choose the person who is going to lead us and represent the site?

No, it's like Facebook, this website is provided free of charge, Carbon doesn't technically have to listen to any of us because none of us have any share of the site..

But do we, as the community truly know the right person to run the site is? Not necessarily.

As fatal says, we should allow experienced people to pick our next leader.

And, as Cj says, carbon doesn't have to listen to us.

No, it's like Facebook, this website is provided free of charge, Carbon doesn't technically have to listen to any of us because none of us have any share of the site..

Oh well I guess that means that he doesn't have to listen to people telling him to put two head admins and not to vote right?

Alas, we still don't know what he thinks about the voting because he hasn't replied yet.

- Emperor Doggy I

Nice post Phxntxm. I agree completely. Now, in response to what MegaAfroMan, I don't think I'd be like Hitler, more like Stalin. :lol:

As it is, I don't see how I could run this site. Frankly, I'm still a noob here! I'm against a vote as well. I think it should be an Admin, or staff vote. An off-topic vote would be fine, however.

• Administrators

Voting is a nay nay. It'll become a popularity contest and how many people can PM each other sway the vote. This is their site, let them choose. I think the community should have input, maybe they will say something worth while, who knows. But a vote is just bad waiting to happen to me.

Sorry guys, I also dont think Carbon will have a vote! He will pick whoever (whether it is one or two people) he thinks can take care of his baby the way he would want it to be run! Like Carbon said he rather flip the switch then let the site be ruined or change to far from what he has created!

Also thanks for all the support! When I put up my post I didnt know how you all would take it so thanks!!! :D

Obviously the best choice is to clone myself so I can work my new job and then keep my clone locked in a closet running this site 24/7.

However, as I know nothing about cloning this option isn't plausible.

At first I was thinking about handing the reigns over to one of my fellow CoD VIP's with which I have known for years. They know all about the community, events, contests, social media, websites, Treyarch, etc.... but then it occurred to me that nobody really has the drive or desire I have for the site and so I feel in a way it would be wasted.

Lissa is clearly the suitable replacement as head zombie in-charge. I have known her long enough to trust her along with the great job she has done, i never hear complaints, she hasn't left yet which is good even after all this time.

Dedication and trust is very important with me. I know many of you users are on here all the time, have good amount of posts, people know you, but I don't know you. I don't play with you on xbox, we aren't friends. Because of this it is hard for me to even consider some of the proposals I have received. It is nothing against any of you, it is simply I don't know you and don't feel comfortable giving over years of hard work to just anyone.

Honestly, I am sitting here, thinking about the first day. The first day CoDz was created. I was on a chat late at night with JD2020 and some other VIPS, just chatting it up. This was the time a few years ago when most of the VIPS started gaming sites and forums and what not. Now I love zombies, I bought WaW for zombies, and have played ever since, so obviously I was into zombies. I asked some people if I should make a site and then I went and tried to enter in different URL's so see what was available. I got callofdutyzombies.com. From here I found a website that offers free customizable forums. So I set one up, made a bunch of forum sections, posted a few threads, added some graphics and widgets. Pretty much 4 days or so after my idea I was ready to launch. Now I had gained a ton of followers on Twitter from JD2020 tweeting my name during the first WaW First to play event so I pretty much tweeted about it to get some hype for my new site. And then dropped a "we go live at 4pm on ...." and then when the time came, my heart racing, I opened the forum to the public and hundreds signed up within hours. I was up all night and day working on it and worried it would fail, I put all this time into it and it will just fail, no one will sign up and I will be a fool. Years later, thousands of users and millions of hits later we are pretty much the leading zombie site out there. I mean Treyarch uses our site and our ideas. It is just so incredible to see where we are now, how far we have come from that day that I made the free forum. We have only grown and grown and will probably keep growing.

The forum I made because I wanted help solving the storyline, treyarch knew me for my awesome theories and what I had solved. They loved that it sparked a huge interest in people. Now I couldn't handle all the easter eggs on on my own so I made a forum where people can all share and come together.

This has been a wild ride, and there is so many memories here and this site means so much to me. I could never just leave it in the hands of a vote. I will be the one choosing who I hand things off to.

This thread was for me to just see what the community has to say about it. I am moving on to bigger and better things in the gaming industry which is good and I am happy about that but at the same time, I'm sad about having to distance myself from the community.

So.... ya I dunno what else to say

/rant

Obviously the best choice is to clone myself so I can work my new job and then keep my clone locked in a closet running this site 24/7.

However, as I know nothing about cloning this option isn't plausible

Maybe we should go see those doctors that clone pets and see if they are ready to do humans yet!!! It would be for a good cause. It will be a sad day when you do end up stepping away, the site site will go into a state of mourning for a period. But since this post came out I also have been thinking about when I joined, I love this site!! This is the only site I still go to on a regular bases that I have ever signed up for. When I think of you Carbon I think of the night we had the play date and all the laughs that were had!! I also I have gone into a rant......

I would like to be considered for this position. While I was not a member of the old site, I have been a fan and major player of zombies for several years, and an active member of this site for over a year.

I have a wealth of experience in this kind of position, I was a co-admin of the Colbert nation from 2006-2010, managing its 15,000 + member community, actively fostering growth.

I also know how to run successful community events and contests from my experience there (I organized more than I care to think about), and know how to run a site from the back-end.

I love zombies to an absurd amount, I scarcely go a day without severally games, which is by I joined this site to begin with. I am familiar with most of the theories, in addition to forming several of my own.

In context of running the site, I'm in my mid twenties and financially able to back the hosting duties as well (I haven't donated as much as I probably should have this far). I have developed a few websites myself, and know how to tap into the massive well of creativity we have here as well.

I would love a chance to be a bigger part of this site, just give me a chance!

I wish Treyarch could officially support this site.

Make it a real site, separate from the CoD forums.

This could actualy some how work!For them 1000 dollars a year is nothing and they getting a lot of info from here.But would be than CodZ so Independent and would be the power let be in CoDZ Admin hands or IN Treyarchs stuffs?

I wish Treyarch could officially support this site.

Make it a real site, separate from the CoD forums.

This could actualy somehow work!For them 1000 dollars a year is nothing and they getting a lot of info from here.But would be than CodZ so Independent and would be the power let be in CoDZ Admin hand or IN Treyarchs stuffs?

Sounds nice, but I am sure there are multiple legal holes that need to be jumped through. This is a fan made website with no legal affiliation to the actual game. If Treyarch or Activision were to pay for this, than I am sure a lot would change and it seems like the site probably wouldn't be the same if things were censored or things had to be a certain way for legal reasons and probably a plethora of more issues would arise.

The thing Treyarch loves about this site is that it is a fan site with an awesome community. Treyarch/Activision inviting me out to all the CoD events, paying for hotels, flights, etc... and all that was payment enough. It was them saying thank you I guess you could say.

As close as the CoDz community is to Treyarch, I don't think they would foot the bill. They already have an official forum that has zombie sections and all that at the CoD HQ. This site is like a niche site focused on one thing, and pretty much if you are serious about zombies on the xbox forums or CoD HQ or whatever, you come here.

I don't know how to fully explain it. I hope what I have said makes some sense.

Well the Colbert nation worked something like that while I was involved. The site itself was supposed to be fully "fan made", but was actually owned by a writer from the show. Comedy central and Viacom didn't have anything to do with it, but it gave us some exclusive access

Of course treyarch's marketing department would be our benefactor in this case, but whether that would be a good thing or bad thing goes both ways. While the CN was fan-run things went great, but we wanted more features and better admin tools, so comedy central took a more direct role, which ultimately led to a long-running decline. Since intervention the active membership was flat, when we were independent we saw constant growth for years.

What carbon says makes sense, if they were to take an active place in funding and managing this site, it would eventually be merged with what they already have (it happened with the colbert nation, the daily show fan communities, and some communities for games in europe I was active with for a time).

In the end it meant that the communities had less autonomy, a few times original core members ended up splintering off and making an independent community all over again, this time with less "clout" by not having support from what they were fans of anymore

we should set uP founding thread about the current situation ad lets see how many peoples we can get and what money we talking about.lets say that you donate a 50 for year AND YOU GET NOTHING JUST THE BEST FEELING THAT YOU DO THE RIGHT THING AND DONT REGRET IT A SECOND..I am sure that for true INDEPENDENT zombie fan IS NO PROBLEM TO DO THIS.50 BUKS YOU CAN MAKE EASY IN 1 DAY OF WORK BUT HERE YOU SPEND WHOLE YEAR!!!

wow this whole thread popped up while I was on vacation, so I made those first couple posts from my phone at the airport without reading the whole thread. Then I got a flurry of PM's as well while in the air!

Well, I didn't mean to cause a fuss if I did, and evidently the decision is mostly made anyway. So whoever it is who gets to be the admin, remember that you have a lot of community with a lot of expertise, use us! I've run massive communities before for long periods of time, so I wish I could be more useful here than I currently am. I know there are a lot of people here willing to put in the time and effort for a ton of creatively-developed content, from programmers to video makers to organizers.

Your biggest challenge won't be making any decision, its making sure you use all the resources you have.

So best of luck, new admin. All will go well, since this site kicks ass to start you just need to focus on making it better. We'll be with you all the way.

PS: if its just 80 a month we would be able to cover most of that with some well-run fundraising campaigns, I can 100% guarantee it. Since I've been here I have seen nothing of the sort, except the tiny "donate" button and a purplish title that I didn't even bother requesting the one time I did donate. So keep that in mind, it isn't nearly as a financial burden as it seems, and we need not speak of ads yet.

• Administrators

I know I'm not an elite, nor a senior slayer in the community, but I thought I'd throw my two cents into the bucket if it means so much as providing any kind of assistance at all.

we should set uP founding thread about the current situation ad lets see how many peoples we can get and what money we talking about.lets say that you donate a 50 for year AND YOU GET NOTHING JUST THE BEST FEELING THAT YOU DO THE RIGHT THING AND DONT REGRET IT A SECOND..I am sure that for true INDEPENDENT zombie fan IS NO PROBLEM TO DO THIS.50 BUKS YOU CAN MAKE EASY IN 1 DAY OF WORK BUT HERE YOU SPEND WHOLE YEAR!!!

Keep in mind that not all members are at the age to pull of X amount of money per month. I'm sure it's not too difficult to ask for donations, but keep in mind most of "us" are in some financial doo-doo at the moment. Doing a pot-luck type of thing (where members donate however much they can without feeling doubtful) should work like a charm. With the addition of some new leaders, there are SO many potential fundraisers, like competitions and whatnot.

I know this might sound tacky, but...has anyone proposed the idea of a web team? I remember back when I was a public relations chairperson for a company, and we had an organized group of leaders along with personal supporters (or affiliates) as the second hands (for financial reasons).

I would just be happy to be an mod (hint hint), as I don't want to run this site (and others are more deserving/compitent)

But I am always on, been on since this new site started (give or take a few weeks :D, originally found the old site but it told me to go here instead [brains] ), when chat was up I was always on, discussing but more importantly helping the mods :P While anyone will know the contributions I gave pre-and up to GKnova6.

In my honest opinion, I thought Covert ran the site with Carbon, yet if you're looking for someone new I suggest Ehjookayted, seems commited and has that drive that I just don't have anymore and most never seem to have....

I would just be happy to be an mod (hint hint), as I don't want to run this site (and others are more deserving/compitent)

But I am always on, been on since this new site started (give or take a few weeks :D, originally found the old site but it told me to go here instead [brains] ), when chat was up I was always on, discussing but more importantly helping the mods :P While anyone will know the contributions I gave pre-and up to GKnova6.

In my honest opinion, I thought Covert ran the site with Carbon, yet if you're looking for someone new I suggest Ehjookayted, seems commited and has that drive that I just don't have anymore and most never seem to have....

Covert has to leave in August