Do You Want To Run CoDz?

carbonfibah

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my 10 cents.

1. There is a donate button on the bottom. Nobody ever donates and if they do it is only like $14 and that's like once every 6 months.

2. Ads are horrible, they deteriorate the integrity of a site.

3. I do not own the rights to zombies or call of duty. for me to prosper (make money) off this site feels wrong and allows for possible legal issues with Activision. I would never want to get in trouble for prospering off their intellectual content. I felt bad about the donate button. But then again, I guess that is just me who has this way of feeling, everyone seems to just want to make money. Ads are so trashy, they make a site look like a dump. I have worked so hard to keep this site to high standards.

4. The reason for this public thread early, is because I want people to be aware that changes are being made in the future. I don't have much time until I am "gone" from the site so I want to at least TRY to get all my ducks in a row before I go. I mainly wanted to see what the community thought about a leadership change, and I wanted to see their suggestions, opinions, and other ideas on the issue. I also wanted to see what certain people would say.

5. I will shut this site down before I just hand it off to someone who will ruin it. I need to know that what I have spent days upon days upon days upon days of hard work on will not die. I can't even calculate how much time, money and effort I have put into CoDz to get us where we are today. Literally, blood, sweat and tears have been spilled many a time.

6. For as long as I can remember I have pretty much done everything myself, if you want something done right do it yourself, well that and I know what I wanted so I had to be the one to do it. Now to not be able to control things will be hard, and I just want to feel safe knowing whom I am leaving my baby too.

7. This site holds a lot of..... importance to Treyarch. The person who takes over will need to have some kind of contact with the devs, this is not 100% required but it is something that I feel that it is important. I would be upset if the person I chose to lead didn't act properly, so someone who is of age (18+) is very important.

8. With JD2020 no longer the CM at Treyarch, I have no idea what kind of community events will be planned, if any. However whomever leads will have to represent CoDz at said events, and that is a big deal.

9. Social media is a HUGE aspect of the website. I just want to know that whoever takes over actually used the social media facets so help this site grow and remain in the public spotlight of the CoD community.

10. I know there are big shoes to fill, but I am off to bigger and better things, and this thread is just me sticking my feelers out getting an idea of stuff, so please do not harp on this thread, or ads, or whatever else.

At the end of the day, I control the switch to the site, I just hope that someday I can pass that switch over without any hesitation or regret,

Well said Carbon! We need that sort of leader, the one who will keep this site going with all there hard work. So when I speak for most of the site, I say that the responsible leader who will control the site must dedicate their lives to it.....

I hope you chose the right person carbon.

• Administrators

I talked to a friend of mine who has a server with unlimited EVERYTHING (bandwidth, storage, etc) because he has multiple sites. He said I could have access to the server and run this site on it, if I am chosen of course. So that would cost no one ANY money at all. I bring it up because as Carbon said, ads are just wrong, and I have the means to run the site financially without ads and no one pays anything.

I am glad that you are still viewing in Carbon, and I appreciate your response, I hope you see this :)

• Administrators

I understand that you all probably hear this ALL the time, and whether everyone means it or not is another story, but I feel I have proven myself rather mature. Again, this counts for nothing, but I am 17 years of age. I am not looking for pure ownership, I mean even an Admin spot is fine for me. I just want to let you all know that I can financially support the site, even if I do not run the site by myself.

To wunderpancake: What do you mean?

I see that there are more than 1 candidates for runners of CoDz, but I don't see how 2 people in control will work. Through history, we have encountered that whenever there are 2 persons in control, 1 will sooner or later overthrow the other one. For this, I propose a votation. The candidates will have time to promote themselves, and when Carbon is about to leave, the votation will begin. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

- Emperor Doggy I

I see that there are more than 1 candidates for runners of CoDz, but I don't see how 2 people in control will work. Through history, we have encountered that whenever there are 2 persons in control, 1 will sooner or later overthrow the other one. For this, I propose a votation. The candidates will have time to promote themselves, and when Carbon is about to leave, the votation will begin. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

- Emperor Doggy I

I don't agree with this. I believe that it is very possible for two or more people to be in control. I also don't think it should be like an election where there are candidates and self promotion and voting.

- Emperor Doggy I

I don't agree with this. I believe that it is very possible for two or more people to be in control. I also don't think it should be like an election where there are candidates and self promotion and voting.

Why not?

I am up for voting, but there has to be some sort of review council to determine if some one should be allowed to run. For example, Eye has massive popularity right now but he has actually only been here since August. For all we know he could become the Adolf Hitler of CoDz shortly after coverts departure. Or perhaps Way2Goo, or Doggy runs and all of Reapers or Wunder votes for them respectively because they feel they have to support their leader. One of them could turn into a Mussolini of CoDz. Nothing meant against any of you, just needed examples. Although I kind of am afraid of Eye.... :?

• Administrators

As "fair" as voting is, Carbon loves this site too much to leave it up to anyone but himself. I think that whatever decision is made, it will be made by him and no one else. I believe that two people could easily work together if they are the right people, dedicated and mature. If one person is chosen, Lissa should be the ONLY person considered in my opinion. At least out of everyone who has came forward thus far.

I am up for voting, but there has to be some sort of review council to determine if some one should be allowed to run. For example, Eye has massive popularity right now but he has actually only been here since August. For all we know he could become the Adolf Hitler of CoDz shortly after coverts departure. Or perhaps Way2Goo, or Doggy runs and all of Reapers or Wunder votes for them respectively because they feel they have to support their leader. One of them could turn into a Mussolini of CoDz. Nothing meant against any of you, just needed examples. Although I kind of am afraid of Eye.... :?

Exactly, and thats why the people running must meet with the requirements that Carbon posted in the OP, as well as be wanted by the people. For example, although I can fund and lead the site, I haven't been here since the old forum, so I'm out of the picture.

- Emperor Doggy I

With what carbon says, it seems clear to me that lissa is the the person for the job, I also agree with Covert that multiple people in charge isn't a problem. So either way, lissa should be chosen, with or without someone else running it with her. She's the only candidate (as far as I'm aware) that would have the means to travel to events. I didn't think about that until Dan said it. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to do that. Also I think a vote...shouldn't be the way the person is chosen, but a vote in off-topic (just to see who the people like) would be helpful.

With what carbon says, it seems clear to me that lissa is the the person for the job, I also agree with Covert that multiple people in charge isn't a problem. So either way, lissa should be chosen, with or without someone else running it with her. She's the only candidate (as far as I'm aware) that would have the means to travel to events. I didn't think about that until Dan said it. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to do that. Also I think a vote...shouldn't be the way the person is chosen, but a vote in off-topic (just to see who the people like) would be helpful.

I am in complete agreement. Lissa has been around from the start, heck, even before me! She was one of the scary moderators when I was just a user. :mrgreen:

I believe that I could do it, I am almost positive I have the finances to do so. It'd be a great thing for me, I think I could do good things. I write for a few sites and know a lot about social media and contests. I'll be entering for sure!

You know, I've always wondered about your name.

Is your real name Benn? Jk. :lol:

Regards Alpha.

I also agree with this.