Do You Want To Run CoDz?

carbonfibah

• Administrators

I believe that I could do it, I am almost positive I have the finances to do so. It'd be a great thing for me, I think I could do good things. I write for a few sites and know a lot about social media and contests. I'll be entering for sure!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to anyone that isn't already on the staff, but I wouldn't trust anyone but a current staff member to run this site. Hopefully something can be arranged. I don't even trust myself to run the site. Besides the person that runs this site needs to be over 18, just my opinion though. I do realize age doesn't matter internally, but on the outside, it does. In terms of funding and relationships with people on the outside of the this site, AKA Treyarch, age could be an issue. However, if they're on the staff first and foremost, that would supersede age.

It's true.

• Administrators

I will express my views here in full I guess, my last post didn't contain much.

Who? Obviously, the question here is who. As far I as I think is who should run it, there are a few options. To many, those eligible should be admins, mods, staff, and a few select members that don't fall under that, maybe up to 10. I do not believe affiliates should run it because they do not understand CoDz like we do, I agree that it should be a like a business but they do not understand it like us. A friend told me something the other day, I write for him and I asked about professional writers, and said this: "Fuck pro's. I don't want someone who is paid to do write and lose all the heart and meaning from it, I want actual gamers writing for me." I say that because I feel like affiliates or Treyarch even could corrupt it and take away the homey-feel everyone gets when they visit the site.

Ads. A lot of people are talking about ads, and while they are effective and will pay for the site, I think they should be last resort. It costs 80 a month, which I believe there is a chance I could do that, but if we chipped in it's be pretty easy. I mean we have a lot of young members and I understand that they are at the mercy of their guardian's finances, but even the older members could chip in just 5 bucks and take some heat off of the owner. I am a supporter of ads because they help pay, but someone can easily overdue it and none of us want that.

Age. I understand that there are many mature kids that are young, but there are just as many immature if not more. Faust brought up a good point earlier that if you can't buy a game, why run the site. With that I propose you must be 17 or older, since that is the age you have to be to buy an M-rated game. I mean I am 17, I believe I have the finances, I HOPE I am respected enough to be considered, but these are just my thoughts. Please comment back, I'd love to hear what everyone is still thinking.

I will express my views here in full I guess, my last post didn't contain much.

Who? Obviously, the question here is who. As far I as I think is who should run it, there are a few options. To many, those eligible should be admins, mods, staff, and a few select members that don't fall under that, maybe up to 10. I do not believe affiliates should run it because they do not understand CoDz like we do, I agree that it should be a like a business but they do not understand it like us. A friend told me something the other day, I write for him and I asked about professional writers, and said this: "Fuck pro's. I don't want someone who is paid to do write and lose all the heart and meaning from it, I want actual gamers writing for me." I say that because I feel like affiliates or Treyarch even could corrupt it and take away the homey-feel everyone gets when they visit the site.

Ads. A lot of people are talking about ads, and while they are effective and will pay for the site, I think they should be last resort. It costs 80 a month, which I believe there is a chance I could do that, but if we chipped in it's be pretty easy. I mean we have a lot of young members and I understand that they are at the mercy of their guardian's finances, but even the older members could chip in just 5 bucks and take some heat off of the owner. I am a supporter of ads because they help pay, but someone can easily overdue it and none of us want that.

Age. I understand that there are many mature kids that are young, but there are just as many immature if not more. Faust brought up a good point earlier that if you can't buy a game, why run the site. With that I propose you must be 17 or older, since that is the age you have to be to buy an M-rated game. I mean I am 17, I believe I have the finances, I HOPE I am respected enough to be considered, but these are just my thoughts. Please comment back, I'd love to hear what everyone is still thinking.

+1 That's everything I was thinking. Great post. I respect everything you've done for the site. Hell, you have the most posts on the entire site. However, the main owner should be a current staff member, others can share partial payment and a regular Admin position, just not the full ownership.

I think alot of people would donate if they knew how. Like you need a card and alot of us dont have one, as well some are not that old like 18 so our parents have to do that kind of stuff and if we say "oh can i donate to a site" theyll be not too happy about it being about a game am i right>?

This. So much this....

If you get a PayPal all you need to do is give your parent money ask them to put some money in, and there! You have money in your PayPal to donate! Also you onlu have to be 13, which most of us are.

Tac, there is someone who can make the payments and would be a GREAT Admin and could really make this a great and fun community.

• Administrators

If you get a PayPal all you need to do is give your parent money ask them to put some money in, and there! You have money in your PayPal to donate! Also you onlu have to be 13, which most of us are.

Tac, there is someone who can make the payments and would be a GREAT Admin and could really make this a great and fun community.

I derped up, and am confused lol. Are you saying "there is someone (Tac) who..." or "Tac, there is someone (unknown) who..." expecting me to ask "Who?"

And I agree, I mean PayPal accounts are easy to use, and even though this economy is rough, it only takes a few dollars to make a large difference.

General I'm sorry, but I don't know you too well, and I don't know if I would be trusting if I was in carbon's position. However it's up to him, seeing as you're probably the only person that's offered to step up that can actually fund. I hope carbon replies soon...because I'm really not sure what's going to happen here, I'd love to do this...but the money is my problem...

Well I just think Carbon put the thread up a little early and probably should have just kept it with the Dwellers or Moderators.

Well it was limited to the dwelling (probably so it wouldn't cause a thread like this.. >.

And i guess the topic of ads has proven popular vote doesn't always mean it will happen :lol:

• Administrators

I know you don't know me, but I am sure I can do great things with all your help if/when I get confirmation I can pay for it. I know right now I can pay for about a year and a half's worth guaranteed, but that's for later if I am actually considered. I agree that he may have put this up early, but I think he did it to weed out everyone. He wants to put it up while it's slow so that he knows who is still here and so that new members later on don't offer up to do it when they are too new and don't know what CoDz is about.

I agree with Chopper to an extent, have more like a board of members, a board of choosers or whatever. None of them have more power than another. However, majority gets very frustrating. But I suppose 1 person gets worse. Idk I think 1 person works fine, just have checks and balances to keep everyone's power in order.

Everyone will do the greatest job in their own eyes. The thing with Carbon though, is that, as Chopper likes to say, CoDz is Carbon's baby. Covert and Alpha are basically that baby's godparents or uncles, there from the very start, actually helped in creating the site. Anyone else has to treat it like so. Basically, this site isn't a baby, it's a fully growing child. The new owners and Admins must be the teachers of this child, leading it in the right direction. That's who should be running the site; anyone that can be a teacher, a mentor, to the state. Good teachers are supposed to build off what a good parent has done, not make drastic changes. That's all.

• Administrators

Oh of course. That is what I meant by do great things, anyone who wants to make ANY drastic changes to the site is insane. The site isn't broken, don't fix it. If anyone tries to fix it, they are not fit to run it.

I have funds and have been here since the days of WaW. Im also a bit older then a good majority of you (even Carbon!) I can direct people in the sense to run the site, but I have no idea on how to do the rest of the stuff Carbon, Covert and Alpha do. May I suggest a co-ownership!