Z Rankings [Higher Rank = More Easter Eggs]

I think that by now it is a fact that the majority of this community would like a ranking system in the next instalment of Zombies.

Now, going by how Treyarch have handled their ranking systems in the past, I feel that it is safe to assume that the next Call of Duty will have 75 Ranks for us to play with.

Using these 75 ranks as a estimate, I would like to know your ideas for the name of these ranks.

For Example:

1      = Civvy
2 - 5 = Soldier
6 - 10 = Gun nut
11 - 15 = Turning
16 - 20 = Flesh Sack
etc...

Another idea brought to my attention are prestieges to enrich the experience.

As you can tell, I am not the most gifted at these kinds of things.

Otional Handicaps for players who reach specific round consistantly. Perhaps similar to Halo Skulls?

Hm....

This is all very interesting...

It would be nice if they added some sort of twist...

It'd be nice if the higher level you unlock, the more easter eggs become avaliable. That way casual gamers can game casually, and junkies like us that want the storyline can strive to get higher levels.

Your opinions would be most welcome.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell is Takeo always the bottom? I mean, he's lower than Nikolai? That just makes it sound like he's worse than a drunk guy :lol:

I don't really care for a ranking system, it doesn't really matter to me, but if everyone else wants it I'm for it, as long as you don't get anything but titles and such for ranking up. If it's like survival, the game will be ruined.

I always thought of Takeo as the main "Hero". Nikolai always seemed to hazy (Drunk) and dim. Dempsey is just a meat head, not really the hero type. Richtofen is a villian, obviousley. Takeo is honorable, strong minded, and is the one farthest gone in regaining his memories. He doesnt get enough credit. Sure he is not the funniest character, but I kinda disliked the whole "funny" aspect in zombies. Sure its nice to hear a funny quote every know and then, but still. I like the crazyness aspect, but they went a tad far trying to be too funny.

I agree with the survival thing. It really wasnt what I was expecting. I didnt like that you had to unlock weapons and perks by leveling up. I didnt feel the need to play it that much, so I didnt unlock that much, and in turn didnt get the full Survival experience.

I like the idea of OPTIONAL Rank related Handicaps. Like, if getting to Round 50 becomes a breeze, throw in a twist that makes it harder on you, without changing the way you play.

Example1: Bullet Damage DIVIDER. Pretty much would make your bullets a % weaker.

Example2: 1Shot Wonder Weapons have 50% damage, taking 2 shots to kill a horde.

Example3: Increased Power up drop multiplier, for selected player only. If the Handicapped person kills a Zombie, it only give half of the "Team Points" needed for a power up drop.

Example4: Traps Cost 2-4 times as much/Require more passes to instantly kill.

Example5: (UNLIKELY) Exponent based health increase. unlikely due to health being round 100 status around Round 30.

I KNOW some of you are going to dislike this idea I just threw out, but it would be interesting. And as I said, Optional.

i do not like the idea, unless you have to actually achieve something to level up. I mean any idiot could just play to round 5 a million times and be a super high level, and completely suck at the game. Just saying. To have a legit level up system, it would take a lot of thinking to avoid stuff like that.

Well what I was thinking was that the xp you get is exponentially related to the round you get to. So if you get to round 5, you get say maybe 50 xp. If you got to round 15 you would get like 500 xp, and for round 30 you would get 5000 xp. There would also be bonus points awarded for headshots, not revives because people could cheat easily on that. You would, however, be awarded xp for not getting downed.

As you level up you unlock things such as gun camo or special clan tags. I don't exactly like the idea of titles and emblems because I see that as a multiplayer thing. They should come up wih a new ranking system solely for zombies. Maybe they could add in different uniforms for the characters or maybe even different characters. I also think that you should be able to pick your character based on your rank. So the most experienced player would be able to pick who the want, and then the next most experienced and so on. There could be tons of different challenges such as headshots, kills, rounds, upgrading guns, completing Easter eggs, and so on. There really are so many possibilities to make this work.

Once you get to the highest level you can prestige and start all over again. Each prestige you unlock something new exclusive to prestiging. They could also consider making an infinite number of levels, to keep with the endless spirit of zombies. This would be cool but thy would have to make it hard to hack, and would have to put some unlockables up into the really high levels.

I also think they should include some stats in something similar to the barracks on multiplayer. In the stats part they could have things such as total kills, total rounds survived, total headshots, total downs, and total revives. They should also have most kills, most headshots, most downs, and most revives. Then they could make an section having your averages for all these stats. My favorite would be the r/d ratio, or the revives to downs ratio. I believ that would be the biggest indicator to skill level out of all the stats. Hey would also of course have co-op and solo leaderboards. That, Mr. Troubled Turkey, is what I was thinking. I hope it was thought out well enough. :P

A few ideas I had about a "rank up system"

I would put in an EXP Bonus for Kills/Rounds, as opposed to EXP for rounds. If they decided to bring back Traps, it would keep people from getting EXP Per Round for abusing them, because they wouldnt count for kills. This would kinda balance out the EXP gain for people who play to decent rounds and dont have the time to go for "Super high Rounds" and the people who have 20+hours of free time to run circles and Trap Spam.

Downs/Revives for EXP would probobly be bad for Solo players, unless Solo grants no EXP at all. I mean why should a solo player be awarded less EXP just because they cant revive anyone?

Downs/Kills maybe. Getting 1000 kills with 0 downs would be an achievement in Co-Op and solo, well worth EXP, if there were a system.

Rounds/Time. Bonus EXP For getting to Round 20-30 in a short amount of time. This would really lower people's desire for Crawlers, which would be awsome.

Hm....

This is all very interesting...

It would be nice if they added some sort of twist...

It'd be nice if the higher level you unlock, the more easter eggs become avaliable. That way casual gamers can game casually, and junkies like us that want the storyline can strive to get higher levels.

Hm... that could work. Assassin's Creed: Revelations has something similar. You unlock documents and videos. Dude... this would be perfect.

Bad idea in my opinion, why would you need a higher rank? It won't make you stronger, or give you better guns.... Kinda pointless and unlocking more Easter eggs is just adding insult to injury.... I'm not going to go through mountains of pointless ranking up just so I can run around with all perks for the short while I have left after I compleat the easter egg just so I can die later on....

I just think that zombies is fine the way it is.... Mabie put some easter eggs in multiplayer.... But if you give zombies a ranking system.... It's going to make The Internet connection slower and make the game take up even more memory then it already does....

Do what you want with multiplayer, but leave zombies alone.....the human race is constantly looking for ways to perfect perfection, and often shatters their masterpiece in the process....