HK21 or RPK?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

normally don't prefer the LMG's. It's all about extreme conditioning with smg's but if I need one for points I prefer rpk. Like the other guy said it reminds me about AK74u, But I really dont like to slow myself down because 99% of the times I am running and gunning even with stamin up and double tap, they bored me but those bad boys can give you shit load of points.

So even if I get them out of the box, I try to get rid of them asap to not down myself, don't really care about ammo but you are right about rate of fire part. It is like driving a tank without any protection. Trust me, Ive gone down often times just because I can't switch to my power weapons in time.

Much prefer the HK for a reason stated above, ammo is easier to conserve.

So even if I get them out of the box, I try to get rid of them asap to not down myself, don't really care about ammo but you are right about rate of fire part. It is like driving a tank without any protection. Trust me, Ive gone down often times just because I can't switch to my power weapons in time.

I thought the switch speed relied on the weapon you are switching to?

I always thought it depends on both the weapon you are holding and you are switching to. I definitely noticed it cuz I always wait till the last second I get cornered and Boom.

when I am holding Mustang and sally it takes little less than half second to switch to Thundergun.

When I am holding smg, it takes me 0.5 second to thundergun.

When I have HK it takes me about little more than a second to switch to thundergun.

Estimates only, DuckCall00 must have the stats for this somewhere, Ill check out the sticky.

As far as real life weaponry is concerned, I like the HK21 a lot more than the RPK. Its just a badass gun, heavy though, with heavier recoil.

In ZOMBIES I like the RPK better, with Double Tap, because its just awsome lol. The HK has a lot of ammo, and Double Tap remedies its low fire rate. Neither are good replacements for the MG42 and Browning M1919, in my personal opinion. I have always been one for speed in Zombies, so when I feel the need to score mass ammounts of points, I want to do it FAST, so the RPK is the way to go for me.

On High Rounds, if I get an RPK from the Box, I spray all of its ammo for points before I even consider upgrading it. I never upgrade a gun on high rounds (40-50) unless I am out of ammo for everything (On low rounds I dont care)

I voted HK, because its the gun I actually like better in general, not just zombies.

I always thought it depends on both the weapon you are holding and you are switching to. I definitely noticed it cuz I always wait till the last second I get cornered and Boom.

when I am holding Mustang and sally it takes little less than half second to switch to Thundergun.

When I am holding smg, it takes me 0.5 second to thundergun.

When I have HK it takes me about little more than a second to switch to thundergun.

Estimates only, DuckCall00 must have the stats for this somewhere, Ill check out the sticky.

What? No, you're right. But coding isn't necessary. Heavy weapons have a long put-away animation. Light weapons have a short put-away animation. Put-away animations are reversed when taking out a weapon.

So. Switching from Ray Gun to Winter's Howl is fast-fast. Switching from Ray Gun to HK21 is fast-slow. Switching from HK21 to RPK is slow-slow.

And by the way guys, don't try to say that the HK21 makes you slower than with the RPK. They both make you run at 87.5% of your normal speed.

Its not all about ammo capacity, otherwise you would be turning down the Thundergun because it only has 12 rounds lol!

The RPK deals 18% more damage per second (1625 damage per second as opposed to 1335, non upgraded) due to its higher rate of fire (12.5 rounds per second as opposed to the HK's 8.9 per second) but has 20% less ammo (non upgraded). Killing quicker doesn't just mean quicker rounds it also means safer as it kills zombies quicker in tight situations. Besides if you don't get a max and run out of ammo you can always upgrade.

That said neither the HK or RPK is probably the kind of weapon you want long term. Long term you want the map specific wonder weapon and/or traps and a convenient submachine gun style wall weapon for points building.

Its not all about ammo capacity, otherwise you would be turning down the Thundergun because it only has 12 rounds lol!

The RPK deals 18% more damage per second (1625 damage per second as opposed to 1335, non upgraded) due to its higher rate of fire (12.5 rounds per second as opposed to the HK's 8.9 per second) but has 20% less ammo (non upgraded). Killing quicker doesn't just mean quicker rounds it also means safer as it kills zombies quicker in tight situations. Besides if you don't get a max and run out of ammo you can always upgrade.

That said neither the HK or RPK is probably the kind of weapon you want long term. Long term you want the map specific wonder weapon and/or traps and a convenient submachine gun style wall weapon for points building.

No, it's not about ammo capacity. But it helps.

The HK21 deals between 450 and 150 damage at an ideal distance (450 for headshots, 150 for legs). The RPK only deals between 390 and 130 damage at an ideal distance (390 for headshot, 130 for legs). The H115 Oscillator deals between 630 and 210 damage at an ideal distance (630 for headshots, 210 for legs). The R115 Resonator only deals between 540 and 180 damage at an ideal distance (540 for headshot, 180 for legs).

It does less damage. And it has less ammo. That's how the HK21 has a whopping Maximum Total Damage of 281,250, while the RPK only has 195,000. (H115 Oscillator, 567,000; R115 Resonator, 337,500)

Not only that, but the RPK has a longer reload time. The RPK reloads in 4 seconds loaded, while the HK21 does it in 3.75 seconds. When unloaded, they do it in 5.5 seconds and 4.75 seconds, respectively.

So not only does the the RPK and its upgraded form do less damage, weigh the same (at 87.5% efficiency), have less ammo, have smaller magazines, but they also reload slower. In fact, the one and ONLY way it beats the HK21 is RPM. (HK21, 535; H115 Oscillator, 535; RPK, 750; R115 Resonator, 750)

So RPM is the only way it beats it, which gives it your DPS. But this is Zombies, not Multiplayer. When you are running circles in the really high Rounds, RPM is a luxury, not a necessity. It's one reason why people typically don't view Double-Tap Root Beer as a necessity. I'd rather choose a really good gun that's a little slow than a worse gun that uses all of its ammo faster. And the argument that the RPK would be useful in a pinch doesn't work either; that extra RPM will rarely ever save you, and definately not so on high Rounds.

And the comparison to the Thundergun isn't valid because each shot's damage is ∞. Since ∞ isn't a number, you can't think of the Thundergun's Total Maximum Damage being ∞ x 14 = ∞. You must simply think of it as 14∞, giving 14 free kill-shots, with each shot killing as many as 24. Giving the Thundergun a Fixed Killing Capacity of 336, non-upgraded. For comparison, the Wunderwaffe DG-2 has a FKC of 180.

Your post, lengthy as it is, basically boils down to the HK does more damage and has more ammo whereas the RPK has a higher rate of fire.

I agree with this, although damage and ammo capacity are very similar but feel that the rate of fire means the damage done per second is more important than ammo capacity overall.

The Thundergun comparision is entirely valid (but you can substitute it for the Scavenger if you have a problem with infinite damage, although technically due to range drop off the Thundergun does not have unlimited damage), as you are saying ammo capacity relates to long term usefulness. In actual fact the usefulness of any wonderweapon is so high that you could easily go to the trouble of respinning it in the box to get it back again if you upgrade and run out of ammo.

Personally, in high rounds it becomes EXTREMELY important to have a strategy that is not only safe but time efficient, trust me if you have gone past round 100 you know exactly why this is important. Therefore a weapon that kills more zombies quicker (which the RPK does compared to the HK) is more useful, as is any weapon with a higher rate of fire if used for point building (and essentially in later rounds that is all you would use the RPK/KH for).