Earth totally not destroyed

aegisknight

I just did the EE again, and I've looked at the earth a lot during this.

The earth isn't destroyed. the rockets didnt hit.

think about it: the worlds' most powerful nuclear bombs don't do that kind of damage, and Maxis has nothing to gain by destroying the world.

Instead, the rockets are filled with 935 mined on the moon, and explode long before impact, dusting the surface. More zombies to control.

Maxis may not want to destroy the world, but why the hell would hell would he spread 115 all over the earth. He HATES richtofen for what he did, so he would definitely not the richtofen more through zombies. I do like the part about the rockets blowing up before they reach earth. That part is very plausible considering we need to continue the storyline for the whole next game.

I think the atmosphere is destroyed, and the four survivors of the blast will find the HARRP, and using test la's lazer theory, will recreate the atmosphere, and destroy richtofen's last bit of connection to earth, and force him to relocate the mdp into earth's newly formed atmosphere, likely somewhere in great brittains countryside, or antartica. And btw the rockets were probably not nuclear, and life probably still carries on, but I'm not sure....

Maxis may not want to destroy the world, but why the hell would hell would he spread 115 all over the earth. He HATES richtofen for what he did, so he would definitely not the richtofen more through zombies. I do like the part about the rockets blowing up before they reach earth. That part is very plausible considering we need to continue the storyline for the whole next game.

when zombies come in contact with too much 115 they die,thats how the DG-2 works

so maxis shoots 115 rockets

the rockets dust large amounts of 115 on Earth

Earth looses a lot of zombies

when zombies come in contact with too much 115 they die,thats how the DG-2 works

And what about the humans? Out with the old and in with the new it seams....

And what about the humans? Out with the old and in with the new it seams....

well,115 seems to only harm zombies instantly,yes in time 115 messes with humans,but i don't think they're all dead

because its maxis's undead army. Sam nor richtofen never controlled them.

I base this off the image of the earth after the EE. There is a cloud of 115, but the image of earht is unchanged.

defeats the purpose of what? Richtofen didn't want the rockets to launch, that was all Maxis's doing.

The fastest lunar launch took 8 hours and 35 minutes. Those rockets clearly used ROCKET technology, not some kind of advanced pulsars.

So if we assume that each rocket had a pack-a-punched Tsar bomb laced with 115, the resulting explosive cloud containing 115 fallout would have literally blotted out the sun over the affected area, and caused an eclipse over the rest of the planet.

The timing of all this is significant as well; it is twilight at NML when you spawn, and when you teleport to the moon, Earth is in fully lit view. This means that the sun is directly behind the moon; there is a possibility of eclipse. The location of NML (near twilight) means that since the center of the earth viewed from Griffin Station is at Noon (since the whole thing is illuminated), NML must be near the edge of the visible earth.

The cloud of 115 released by the rockets would have blackened out the sun across most of the earth which was daytime, but from NML it would have only covered the Western edge of the sky where the sun happened to be. This would have indeed blocked out the remaining light (so everything looks like night time, and the stars would be visible), but the light that did reach earth would have a deep reddish hue, since that is the color of 115.

Indeed we see this hue.

The rockets are launched, and the 115 cloud shrouds the area of the planet

If the Sun was behind the moon, and between the Earth and the Sun, you would see the moon's shadow on the earth from space, just like how you see your hands shadow on a wall when you put it in front of a bright light. As far as I can tell there is no such shadow, therefore no eclipse. I am fairly certain we could assume Sam, and then Richtofen, were/are in control of the zombies upon entering the MPD. If it was maxis the whole time then why was Sam shouting at Richtofen during the 100 soul stage of the Moon easter egg? Why did Richtofen state "I can feel the power! I can CONTROL THEM ALL! I can destroy you all!" Upon entering the MPD? (quotes from memory may not be 100% accurate) 115 kills some zombies, but then only in certain amounts, otherwise every single PaP'ed bullet would insta-kill, and the 115 rocks in Kino would have a death zone around them.

not necessarily, there isn't an eclipse every month. Even if there was, the moon's shadow would be minuscule and constantly moving (which would be hard to program into a static background image).

I think Richtofen is talking about something entirely different with that. Sam never talks about controlling the undead army, from her quotes after the EE it seems she was only really in control of sending powerups. If Sam was in control of the zombies, they wouldn't have been found on FIVE.

If it was maxis the whole time then why was Sam shouting at Richtofen during the 100 soul stage of the Moon easter egg?
She was shouting "you'll pay for what you've done to daddy", I think that she was still pissed off at him but they generally had the same goals in mind. With what we know of the EE, it would be assumed that she would be more pissed off about what Richtofen did to HER. Maxis isn't dead (otherwise he wouldn't have been able to do the calculations to send the rockets), so its assumed that Richofen did something entirely different to him.

Thats my theory to it anyway, I don't see why Richtofen would have done the prep work to get Sam into the MPD unless it suited his ends. It took a lot of work to get her there, it didn't just happen. As for this:

115 kills some zombies, but then only in certain amounts, otherwise every single PaP'ed bullet would insta-kill, and the 115 rocks in Kino would have a death zone around them.

115 doesn't kill zombies, it creates them. Guns powered up with 115 are just that; powered up. Its like adding a supercharger. Constant exposure to 115 will cause the undead to rise, but industrial applications of it seem to have no such affects.

because its maxis's undead army. Sam nor richtofen never controlled them.

I base this off the image of the earth after the EE. There is a cloud of 115, but the image of earht is unchanged.

Talkin to the guy above your post....

And perhaps maxis isn't dead, but was caught in the teleportation of Sam when she went back into the mpd, and transformed his soul into static particles that controle griffen station. And if my only living parent was turned into an aui stuck on the moon, Id be pretty pissed off too....

the reason we do not see an eclipse every month is actually due to the variations in the moons orbit. It does not travel in a perfect circle, it wobbles up and down a very little bit. It would be a small shadow yes, but definitely observable on the earth. Besides, based upon the size and brightness of the flash, a lot of energy had to have been released. It seems a lot more plausible that at the very least this would have created enormous heat and evaporated the atmosphere killing the majority of the Earths inhabitants if the rockets did not make a direct impact. Remember the flash itself enveloped the entirety of the Earth from our view and left behind what appeared to be a destroyed earth with a large crater in the center. The achievement is called the Big Bang Theory. So it does at least imply a very large explosion. Large explosions have a lot of heat. Heat could cause major damage to the Earth's atmosphere if the rockets blew up there, or close to there.

again, it did not leave any such sign on earth. The cloud was well away from Earth, perhaps 1/3 of the distance to the moon. It blotted out the sun, but there was no actual impact, no damage, and no blast into the atmosphere.

Need proof? How about this.

Moon took place somewhere between 1950 and 1980, lets say. I never bothered to look into it.

Call of the Dead takes place in present day, yet the EARTH IS NOT DESTROYED.

Maxis said he wanted to prevent the damage Richtofen would cause, I believe he is doing this by enlarging his zombie army to combat Richtofen's Grand Scheme. I still see nothing to confirm that Richtofen is malevolent in all of this, once he was in the aether his plans ended. The rockets were nothing of his doing.

again, it did not leave any such sign on earth. The cloud was well away from Earth, perhaps 1/3 of the distance to the moon. It blotted out the sun, but there was no actual impact, no damage, and no blast into the atmosphere.

Need proof? How about this.

Moon took place somewhere between 1950 and 1980, lets say. I never bothered to look into it.

Call of the Dead takes place in present day, yet the EARTH IS NOT DESTROYED.

Maxis said he wanted to prevent the damage Richtofen would cause, I believe he is doing this by enlarging his zombie army to combat Richtofen's Grand Scheme. I still see nothing to confirm that Richtofen is malevolent in all of this, once he was in the aether his plans ended. The rockets were nothing of his doing.

I'd thought that cotd takes place at the present time, and moon was a few weeks afterwards(enough time to fly / walk from after the shangri la easter egg, to area 51,) any proof?

I always believed moon took place in the near future. which would be after CotD. If the blast was that far away from Earth (1/3) distance. Far enough to not cause any damage at all, then what exactly was the point? the cloud would be too far away to do anything, any particles attempting to enter the atmosphere would be burned up, radiation would be absorbed and deflected by the upper atmosphere, and if it blotted out the sun for a long enough period it would simply cause an ice age, which may not necessarily destroy Earth, but would drastically reduce the population of Earth to a very small number (population of ALL living creatures) it would probably for the most part ruin human society any how.

because particles aren't burned up during re-entry, only larger objects. Smaller particles which can enter slowly and drift on wind resistance don't have much of a problem (the earth gets heavier every year thanks to falling meteoric dust).

I believe Maxis's purpose of the rockets was to create a slowly falling cloud of 115 particles falling to earth, which will create zombies and somehow further his own scheme. The thickness of the cloud would be enough to blot out the sun in a few places for a while (creating an eclipse of its own), but as it falls and disperses the effects would be negligible; that of a large volcanic eruption.

Treyarch has called Moon the "season finale" for Black Ops, not a grand finale. It seemed pretty clear to me that there is more coming. More could not be coming if the entire planet was destroyed.

If the dust cloud is drifting that slowly from that distance, then would not most of the dust be blown off course from all of our space craft and other debris rapidly rotating the earth? with very little gravity any dust that receives transferred inertia from these objects would be blown away, and solar flares sending out bursts of extremely highly energetic particles towards the earth would also have an effect upon the direction of the cloud. Combined with the pull of the Moon on the cloud too, I just can not really see how this floating cloud of 115 dust would really do anything. And if the cloud was in position to blot out the sun while in space its effects would take a lot longer to dissipate than a large volcanic explosion, the sun would continue to be blocked out for as long as it takes for the cloud to reach earth and for the cloud then to settle in our atmosphere and upon the planets surface. I think the time it would take for the sun to once again shine brightly upon the surface we would already be well on our way towards an ice age. Which again would not help anyone, as a lot of species would die off, including the majority of humans.

the cloud would be heading towards earth at the same rate as the rockets were traveling (newton's laws and whatnot), then at an increasing rate as it approached earth due to gravity. No cosmic wind nor debris would alter this path, the dust didn't just stop in the middle of space when the rockets exploded.

If it were as simple as launching explosives at the planet, no "calculations" that Maxis did would have been needed. Just point and shoot. What he did was calculate the exact point of explosion where the dust would accelerate enough to get to the earth unimpeded, but not so fast as to burn up in the atmosphere before slowing down due to wind resistance.

And if the cloud was in position to blot out the sun while in space its effects would take a lot longer to dissipate than a large volcanic explosion, the sun would continue to be blocked out for as long as it takes for the cloud to reach earth and for the cloud then to settle in our atmosphere and upon the planets surface.

about 20 minutes to the atmosphere (given the rate of the rocket's acceleration towards earth), another half hour after that to settle to the surface.

3 rocket's worth of anything would never, ever, ever be enough to destroy the earth or create an especially long-lasting eclipse. That is cartoon physics, and the detail Treyarch has put into the development of the zombies storyline thus far makes me sure they are above such slapstick errors.

Rocket launches are never as simple as point and shoot, you have to realize that both the earth and moon are moving ridiculously faster than we ever will comprehend from our viewpoint here on the planet, you have to adjust accordingly for the change in gravitational forces and probably many other variables that I am not aware of, and It would be false to state that 3 rockets of any thing would not be enough to destroy the earth, one single hundred mile rock slaming into the earth can cause untold damage. There for three rockets filled with explosive fuel would probably be able to do it well enough, or perhaps they were fueled by 115 which seems to be more energetic than anything we have observed thus far.

If all else fails, anti-matter. Just to prove your statement false. Anti-matter is the most powerful substance we know of. It collides with normal matter and converts both into pure energy. It literally follows E=MC^2 C being the speed of light, I believe, which is a ridiculously large number, then you square it, then multiply it by the mass, then get resultant energy. Anti matter explosions are so powerful that an anti electron colliding with an electron creates a flash visible to the naked eye. Electrons are unimaginably small. A couple pounds, or perhaps a few tons of this would be more than enough to tear a crater out of the earth.

we don't actually know of anti-matter, its still theoretical. The LHC is beginning to do tests to prove its existence soon, since most of the Higgs-Boson particle tests are coming to a conclusion.

Either way, I was basing this off of observations after finishing the easter egg. The explosion did not seem to happen on earth, nor did it seem the earth was hit. The earth is still clearly visible behind the explosion, if the atmosphere was vaporized in such an explosion you wouldn't be able to see clouds and clear skies near the top of the planet as you very clearly do.

I need to take another look at the Earth from the moon. I just do not recall being able to see the Earth behind the crater/cloud. Until then I shall stand down, but I shall be back! Maybe. Hopefully this thread does not get swept off the first page. It is a really good theory by the way, and it offers more options for Treyarch to take with the next zombies additions. However I can not yet see why Maxis would want more zombies for Richtofen to control. Care to elaborate more on that?