New breakthrough in SNN location! [UPDATE]

But if the hyena is for ambience, that implies that the bird was too. You can try to say that the bird is different, and that it represents where they came from, but there's no support for that other than gut feeling.

and the buildings all being constructed in new guinean style.

Treyarch told us before the map was even released, way back in June 2009 that the map was set in Japan.

Why is this even being discussed as if it were a mystery lol!

because it is a mystery. I don't recall treyarch specifically stating that the map took place in Japan, and I have seen a lot of evidence arguing the contrary.

you are making a very broad jump of logic to go from a conjecture of a stone to a direct reference of one particular place.

If nothing else, the Shi no Numa facility was far too primitive and remote to serve as a primary research center into a new element. When a full 20% of the square footage of a facility is devoted to the "fishing hut", and there are basically zero scientific instrumentations left in the wake (unlike Der Reise, or even Verruckt), it is fairly safe to assume that this was not the only, or even main, facility that involved the Imperial Japanese.

you are making a very broad jump of logic to go from a conjecture of a stone to a direct reference of one particular place.

If nothing else, the Shi no Numa facility was far too primitive and remote to serve as a primary research center into a new element. When a full 20% of the square footage of a facility is devoted to the "fishing hut", and there are basically zero scientific instrumentations left in the wake (unlike Der Reise, or even Verruckt), it is fairly safe to assume that this was not the only, or even main, facility that involved the Imperial Japanese.

So you say Japan had other bases? That's unlikely, as if so we probably would've seen them or heard from them by now. Japan's sole base probably was underdeveloped because Japan's involvement in 115 AT ALL was underdeveloped.

I'm not sure why we would have heard of them. We generally don't get many hints of new facilities until after a map release. The shi no numa facility does not seem capable of the work we knew the Japanese had done. At the very least the ray gun prototype was developed; I see no signs of such developments at ssn

I'm not sure why we would have heard of them. We generally don't get many hints of new facilities until after a map release. The shi no numa facility does not seem capable of the work we knew the Japanese had done. At the very least the ray gun prototype was developed; I see no signs of such developments at ssn

No, at the very least the Ray Gun blueprints were developed. All you need for that is working schematics and know-how. But Japan didn't have the resources to actually build it.

• Administrators

Unless SNN was a Unit 731 facility working on biological weapons and human experimentation. I will quote a line from Takeo's biography.

The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his blood-lust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself

Unless SNN was a Unit 731 facility working on biological weapons and human experimentation. I will quote a line from Takeo's biography.

The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his blood-lust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself

PROFESSOR YUKI TANAKA: Unit 731 was initially operating only in China, but when the Pacific war started, they set up the branch units, for example in Beijing, Nanjing, Quandong and Singapore and various other places, and even in New Guinea and New Ireland.

And those branch units were responsible for testing the biological and chemical weapons developed by Unit 731 in those regions and planned for the waging of biological warfare in those regions.

Interesting....

• Administrators

Ya know how no one knows how Nikolai was captured? Well the Russians, 1 million strong, invaded Manchuria less than a month before the first CoTD radio where Richtofen states that he has new test subjects. Perhaps he got Nikolai and Takeo and split off. Don't worry, I'll explain more in my upcoming thread.

EDIT: The thread is out! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=20177

• 2 weeks later...

Dont quote me on this but im think I remember seeing SNN referenced to on the BO terminal as "The Rising Sun Facility, Japan". Hopefully that will jog someone memory on here, because I dont remember much about this.

On another note, do we actually know what the FIRST EVER breakout was? Was it originally on the moon when Sam first gain power tgrough the pyramid?

OH lol and while where on that, I noticed some foreshadowing of the story in Kino. Remember the poster with the Pyramid-Woman? I think it was called "Pyromogul" or something. It showed what looked like an omnipotent figure with a pyramid on her head, seems to me like a reference to Sam, a nod to what was later discovered in Moon, just shows that Treyarch really did know what they were doing with the story since Kino.

• Administrators

Well, it says Japan yes, but if the Japanese had conquered an area, it would be called Japan, so his theory of New Guinea would work, as does mine about Manchuria. As for first breakout, we can't be sure, but I believe it is Verruckt. In Moon radios, we know that Maxis is alive because Richtofen references the fact that he still has to kill him, and he is alive during October 1, 1945, which is a few weeks after the breakout at Verruckt occurred.

Also, great thinking with that poster!

Well, it says Japan yes, but if the Japanese had conquered an area, it would be called Japan, so his theory of New Guinea would work, as does mine about Manchuria. As for first breakout, we can't be sure, but I believe it is Verruckt. In Moon radios, we know that Maxis is alive because Richtofen references the fact that he still has to kill him, and he is alive during October 1, 1945, which is a few weeks after the breakout at Verruckt occurred.

Was india called Britain when it was controlled by the british? No. It was considered a part of it's empire, but wasn't britian. Same basic thing here. The japanese would never consider that Japan, only what they have conquered. It was a part of their empire,but it was not Japan. They hate the chinese. Why on earth would they want to consider the chinese land their land? It would bring them "dishonor."

And it makes ZERO sense that verruckt is the first outbreak. How did they discover the zombies? Hm? There was an outbreak before that. Where? I have no clue.

• Administrators

Was india called Britain when it was controlled by the british? No. It was considered a part of it's empire, but wasn't britian. Same basic thing here. The japanese would never consider that Japan, only what they have conquered. It was a part of their empire,but it was not Japan. They hate the chinese. Why on earth would they want to consider the chinese land their land? It would bring them "dishonor."

And it makes ZERO sense that verruckt is the first outbreak. How did they discover the zombies? Hm? There was an outbreak before that. Where? I have no clue.

I'm not even going to discuss this Japan thing with you anymore. When someone controls an area, it is part of their empire, it is Japan in this case. When Rome controlled vast lands way back in the day, it was called Rome. When Germnany controlled many lands in World War 2, it was called Germany. When Japan took over Manchuria and New Guinea, it was Japan.

As for the outbreaks, I would like to hear an actual response as to why it can't be the first outbreak. Just because they found the zombies a while ago does NOT mean that that is considered an outbreak, it just means that they had zombies in that location. Don't say that something make ZERO sense if you can't come back with a legit reason.

That was because it was a part of a British Colony and their influence in India was because of the East India Company, not the British government. The Government influenced the East India Company which influenced India, since it controlled very much of the region.

And when CONQUERED land is taken, it becomes part of that country. Like in WW2 when the Germans took over a place, it became part of Germany.

That was because it was a part of a British Colony and their influence in India was because of the East India Company, not the British government. The Government influenced the East India Company which influenced India, since it controlled very much of the region.

And when CONQUERED land is taken, it becomes part of that country. Like in WW2 when the Germans took over a place, it became part of Germany.

Did the Germans ever refer to France as Germany?

No. It was still France. They don't even refer to it as Germany.

And my point still stands with India and Britian. They still controlled it, technically, and it was not considered britian.

I'm not even going to discuss this Japan thing with you anymore. When someone controls an area, it is part of their empire, it is Japan in this case. When Rome controlled vast lands way back in the day, it was called Rome. When Germnany controlled many lands in World War 2, it was called Germany. When Japan took over Manchuria and New Guinea, it was Japan.

As for the outbreaks, I would like to hear an actual response as to why it can't be the first outbreak. Just because they found the zombies a while ago does NOT mean that that is considered an outbreak, it just means that they had zombies in that location. Don't say that something make ZERO sense if you can't come back with a legit reason.

No. If the romans captured an area it would be considered a part of their empire. Doesn't mean it was specifically called rome.

For the outbreaks, it just literally seems impossible to me that it is the first outbreak. If there is zombies in an area, that area has had an outbreak. If they discovered zombies before hand, then they have had an outbreak before that.

• Administrators

Well we know that they were trying to control the Zombies in a few locations, so I doubt the outbreak just happened to occur. I mean the first time the Zombies arrive doesn't mean the outbreak happened that second.

Well we know that they were trying to control the Zombies in a few locations, so I doubt the outbreak just happened to occur. I mean the first time the Zombies arrive doesn't mean the outbreak happened that second.

Well, if there are zombies there, unless they were delivered and didn't kill anyone, an outbreak has happened. Small outbreaks, most likely, but small outbreaks are outbreaks none the less. I would guess that happened in any place pieces of the Tunguska meteor went.

I also think NDU was used as a test site for that, hence they were already there. Hence why there are so many German trucks, and why there are helmets and ammo boxes from the original outbreak there.

Also, Shi no numa's outbreak. I believe that 935 wanted to hide any ties to them in that area, considering that area was controlled by the Japanese government. So anyways, they sabotaged that area in the summer, unleashing zombies, and capturing Takeo.

Your point about the British and India is invalid, entirely different scenario. They were not conquered nor controlled by the British govt., so there fore it's different.

And whenever a place in history has been conquered, it becomes a part of that country. For example, when Napolean took over a country or territory, it began part of France/the French Empire. Don't believe me? Look up a Napoleanic era map. WW2 Germany grew too on some maps, except many of the modern ones respectively refer to the other countries as 'occupied territories'.

And when Manchuria was conquered by Japan in WW2, it was part of Japan/the Japanese Empire.

Why must you continue to deny this?

Your point about the British and India is invalid, entirely different scenario. They were not conquered nor controlled by the British govt., so there fore it's different.

Oh, but they were. Not sure where you're getting your information from, but they had to become independent from the british. Hence, they were controlled.

And whenever a place in history has been conquered, it becomes a part of that country. For example, when Napolean took over a country or territory, it began part of France/the French Empire. Don't believe me? Look up a Napoleanic era map. WW2 Germany grew too on some maps, except many of the modern ones respectively refer to the other countries as 'occupied territories'.

That doesn't mean it was called or referred to as the countries name. Necessarily

And when Manchuria was conquered by Japan in WW2, it was part of Japan/the Japanese Empire.

Look, you have to look at this aspect from a Japanese point of view. They would consider Manchuria theirs, but they wouldn't call it Japan. They hate china, despise it. They would never consider it Japan, just something they own and control.

Why must you continue to deny this?

Because some things have to be addressed.