New breakthrough in SNN location! [UPDATE]

You know, lions do not live in new york, but if you stand close enough to a zoo you can hear them roar. It is possible this is all simply on a different island or perhaps even Japan itself and they simply are ambient noises of non-local creatures.

I honestly do not think that Treyarch really even knew about that meteor, and plus as far as we can be aware, no meteors that have EVER fallen have contained element 115, or similar unstable heavy elements. If you look you can probably find records of meteors crashing into every place imaginable. Besides, if the crash was in 1933 how long did it take for the outbreak? What directly caused it? just exposure to the rock? How long did this take?

Mountains out of molehills? Oh okay, so being a little mean is acceptable?

can't know for sure

My point. All this data. All these files. It all adds up to one thing. We do not know where Shi No Numa takes place any more specifically than we already did.

So, should we throw out that the kookaburra still inhabits New Guinea, there was a meteorite hit in 1933 in New Guinea, the locale and vegetation is identical as well as pictures of huts on Wikipedia (which, let's face it, was probably a resource of Treyarch's), on top of the fact that Japan had already controlled the region?

The vegetation (including huts) and politcal control alone is enough to prove it, with the meteorite, and bird being icing on the perverbial cake.

Since the hyena is not geographically relevent in any possible location the map could be in (and thus ruling out any other sound file as evidence according to you) is basicly saying using raw files to backup a theory can't be used as actual evidence. ever.

And as a literary device, the sarcasm was meant to direct your attention to the entire fact as a whole, as well is being a little satirical of the pointing out the obvious that's been going on the last few posts...

EDIT - BTW, 115* doesn't exist so there wouldn't be a record of a meteorite hitting containing 115, and who are we to assume to know what Trey did or did not research?

* - yes, it *technically* exists, but something with a half life under a second is not going to be detectable or relevent within a meteor (or anything for that matter)

What are you talking about? All of that stuff existed before you established a connection. The bird didn't make that stuff appear out of thin air. It's just a line you're drawing to connect it to stuff because it is "like" Shi No Numa. Well obviously. It's an Asian Pacific island. They are going to have similarities. And yes, most places on Earth have had meteorites hit them.

What are you talking about? All of that stuff existed before you established a connection. The bird didn't make that stuff appear out of thin air. It's just a line you're drawing to connect it to stuff because it is "like" Shi No Numa. Well obviously. It's an Asian Pacific island. They are going to have similarities. And yes, most places on Earth have had meteorites hit them.

I'm not saying the bird is the connecting factor at this point, I've clearly said the last few posts that that is a small part of the reason why it is most likely New Guinea.

And please refer my second to last post before using your last sentence as a way to detrimentally affect the evidence towards Guinea being the viable location.

You aren't being clear. At all. A "small" reason makes a "most likel"ihood? That's wishful thinking. You're choosing your data to fit your beliefs.

So, should we throw out that the kookaburra still inhabits New Guinea, there was a meteorite hit in 1933 in New Guinea, the locale and vegetation is identical as well as pictures of huts on Wikipedia (which, let's face it, was probably a resource of Treyarch's), on top of the fact that Japan had already controlled the region?

The vegetation (including huts) and politcal control alone is enough to prove it*, with the meteorite, and bird being icing on the perverbial cake.

* - Because where else on earth was there a place that fit these criteria? please, if there is, show me and i will give you brains on every one of your posts.

This is a lot of absolute vs. relative truth; we can all choose to believe different things but the absolute truth is that for which we are searching. However, we all know or should know that such a thing as absolute truth is unattainable in such a matter and therefore, we should handle this appropriately.

Haven't you named anything just for fun? The sound file is very similar to a hyena, so it was named for a hyena. The kookaburra, however, does have a unique sound. Either way, these are only small steps towards finding the location of a map that is important to the story line. We all look at evidence and interpret it how we want because bottom line, this is an unresolved storyline with a lot of mystery. We need to look at everything we have and perhaps if the kookaburra points to New Guinea, then we should investigate if New Guinea is a credible source.

Let me expound on some things, if you'll let me. Bear with me, I'm not a storyline buff like you all, but I can analyze a story and use evidence logically.

Shi No Numa is populated with Japanese zombies. This has been confirmed, correct? Therefore, the logical thing to do is to use the Japan and New Guinea connection to find out exactly how the two countries are related and how the hell Japanese soldiers made it to New Guinea. Let's see right here.

New Guinea was an important area in the World War 2 conflict as a strategic base. Japan launched its New Guinea campaign starting in 1942 and it ended in 1945.

Fighting between Allied and Japanese forces commenced with the Japanese assault on Rabaul on 23 January 1942. Rabaul became the forward base for the Japanese campaigns in mainland New Guinea, including the pivotal Kokoda Track campaign of July 1942–January 1943, and the Battle of Buna-Gona. Fighting in some parts of New Guinea continued until the war ended in August 1945.

So, if this doesn't convince you that New Guinea is a POSSIBILITY, then this should:

http://www.history.army.mil/brochures/new-guinea/ng.htm

Finally, here are the casualty reports for Japan during their time in New Guinea:

Japanese Losses were heavy: Battle Casualties 7750

Note: When questioned after the war, General Adachi and fellow officers of the Japanese army stated that the total Japanese casualties in the Huon area, including those killed and those from sickness and starvation, numbered 17000.

Lots of Japanese soldiers dead, another requirement for an infection. This is a possibility, not a certainty, because, how can we ever really know anything?

You have done very well to point out the Kookaburra sound effects in SNN, I mention this too in my Shi No Numa strategy video on Youtube, eg that Kookaburras are only located in Aus or PNG. Due to the use of this in the map it is logical to surmise the map is located in PNG as this is the only area the Japanese were present in WWII (apart from a few isolated bombing runs in Northern Aus).

You can hear the distinctive 'laughing' Kookaburra sound effect clearly by going out the back of the fishing hut where the fishing pole is...

However your theory is not correct, however well thought out it may be.

From the original trailer for SNN:

(directly off the w@w website)

"Soldiers,

We’ve got some bad news. The zombie infestation previously plaguing isolated areas within Germany has spread to the Pacific. Communication is shoddy at best, but we’ve pinned what sounds like an SOS signal to a remote jungle location in Japan.

Heavy fog and impassible swamp terrain have left reconnaissance efforts near fruitless. However, we have secured intelligence supporting the survival of an Allied force in the area. The map below was found on the ground near the signal location, but evacuation became necessary as night began to fall.

Our recon squad is made up of some of the toughest and meanest soldiers you’ll ever meet, but they’re smart enough to get out before the dogs start preying at night; those hounds of Hell make their living counterparts seem about as threatening as a bunch of kittens after dinner.

With the war demanding every ounce of strength we can muster, there’s no telling when a full search and rescue operation will be conducted. For now we can only hope that our soldiers in the swamp can hold the zombies off."

This is also evident from Takeo and Richtofen quotes in Kino in which they say (about the meteorites found in Kino) "I wonder if they stole this from Japan" eg referring to the Shi No Numa swamp meteorite.

"Japan" in WW2:

Er... No. That is what Japan controlled. Japan is 4 big islands, and then several much smaller ones like Okinawa.

Yes Its the main Japan and how we know it today, but in ww2 that is the area Japan controlled and so the area was at the time part of Japan as a country. And do we have proof that Japan even lost those areas in our Nazi Zombie world that is filled with zombies?

Its like puerto Rico in the u.s. its not continental but its still "U.S."

Well, not really. That's diplomatic, not war. It's more like considering Poland as part of Germany, as it was at the time.

Since it, and Takeo, just say "Japan" instead of either "mainland Japan" or "area controlled by Japan", it could be either... again, we don't know.

Its like puerto Rico in the u.s. its not continental but its still "U.S."

Well, not really. That's diplomatic, not war. It's more like considering Poland as part of Germany, as it was at the time.

Since it, and Takeo, just say "Japan" instead of either "mainland Japan" or "area controlled by Japan", it could be either... again, we don't know.

I didn't claim to know, I just said that it could be, I don't know what the purpose of that reply was because it basicly reiterated what I just said haha

From the original trailer for SNN:

(directly off the w@w website)

"Soldiers,

We’ve got some bad news. The zombie infestation previously plaguing isolated areas within Germany has spread to the Pacific. Communication is shoddy at best, but we’ve pinned what sounds like an SOS signal to a remote jungle location in Japan.

Heavy fog and impassible swamp terrain have left reconnaissance efforts near fruitless. However, we have secured intelligence supporting the survival of an Allied force in the area. The map below was found on the ground near the signal location, but evacuation became necessary as night began to fall.

Our recon squad is made up of some of the toughest and meanest soldiers you’ll ever meet, but they’re smart enough to get out before the dogs start preying at night; those hounds of Hell make their living counterparts seem about as threatening as a bunch of kittens after dinner.

With the war demanding every ounce of strength we can muster, there’s no telling when a full search and rescue operation will be conducted. For now we can only hope that our soldiers in the swamp can hold the zombies off."

first i would like to just say that the intel on the official w@w is in the exact same situation as the sound files, yes they say that snn is in a remote location in japan but they also say that they are still fighting ww2 and since snn couldnt have happened till after oct 1st 1945 it must be after the war when snn takes place so you would have to disregard the end of the intel if you want to use that bit at the start. personaly i have decided that the intel is not related to the storyline.

now on to the hyena problem, is it not possable for 3arc to have regarded to the hellhounds as hyenas at this point and put that file in to be a sound from the hellhounds?

Yes Its the main Japan and how we know it today, but in ww2 that is the area Japan controlled and so the area was at the time part of Japan as a country. And do we have proof that Japan even lost those areas in our Nazi Zombie world that is filled with zombies?

The Japanese may consider it a part of Japan, but the allies do not count the area they took over as a part of Japan.

first i would like to just say that the intel on the official w@w is in the exact same situation as the sound files, yes they say that snn is in a remote location in japan but they also say that they are still fighting ww2 and since snn couldnt have happened till after oct 1st 1945 it must be after the war when snn takes place so you would have to disregard the end of the intel if you want to use that bit at the start. personaly i have decided that the intel is not related to the storyline.

True, I never considered what they said as canon in those, tbh, but it proves they intended SNN to be thought of as Japan. 3arc still wrote, it's not like a completely different company did.

Classic case of overthinking guys. It couldn't be much clearer. SNN is in Japan. Let's move on.

Where are they're swamps with those huts on the four main islands?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was, but I haven't seen it yet so please post info (also, pics or it didn't happen if you do find info)

Classic case of overthinking guys. It couldn't be much clearer. SNN is in Japan. Let's move on.

Where are they're swamps with those huts on the four main islands?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was, but I haven't seen it yet so please post info (also, pics or it didn't happen if you do find info)

There are smaller islands in the south that may have them (I don't know 100%)

Mountains out of molehills? Oh okay, so being a little mean is acceptable?

can't know for sure

My point. All this data. All these files. It all adds up to one thing. We do not know where Shi No Numa takes place any more specifically than we already did.

it IS called a theory for a reason,we might NEVER know if its right or not

matuzz and cj were just making a theory

• 1 month later...