New breakthrough in SNN location! [UPDATE]

Aw, that's disappointing, well it was a nice try guys. Since hyenas are only found in Africa and the Middle East, it isn't native to Shi No Numa. And if it isn't native, then the bird might not be either. So, we're back to not knowing exactly where it takes place.

If that were the case, we would NEVER find the exact location of SNN. There has to be an exception to this Hyena thing. Maybe 3arc added it to toy with us?

Aw, that's disappointing, well it was a nice try guys. Since hyenas are only found in Africa and the Middle East, it isn't native to Shi No Numa. And if it isn't native, then the bird might not be either. So, we're back to not knowing exactly where it takes place.

If that were the case, we would NEVER find the exact location of SNN. There has to be an exception to this Hyena thing. Maybe 3arc added it to toy with us?

Harvey Yena -> HYENA

I'm 100% sure that the Hyena sound is hint about the mysterious American Group 935 Doctor Harvey Yena who knew what Richtofen did.

And that also developed Hyena Infra-Dead.

But the bird must be hint on the actual location.

Harvey Yena -> HYENA

I'm 100% sure that the Hyena sound is hint about the mysterious American Group 935 Doctor Harvey Yena who knew what Richtofen did.

And that also developed Hyena Infra-Dead.

But the bird must be hint on the actual location.

The sound 'hyena.wav' is literally a hyena howling, most likely an environmental addon to create the ambience, but that also means the kookaburo may also be for ambience as well; however, after seeing the buildings from New Guinea, I am more inclined that hyena is just a misnomer, as it's also a sound effect for other maps that would not possibly have hyenas in their locales.

Want to note also that I believe Shi No Numa was school before it was taken by the Japanese and later by Group 935.

Because there was also sound file called singing_00 and it played a song sang by small kids...

I don't know the language but would guess if its in New Guinea it would be some native kids.

that song was brought up in one of the questions in this vid

kia9zAyDLl8

it appeared in der riese and shangri-la as well and was regarded as sam lullaby

I don't see how this could just be an innocent sound effect when HYENA is written on the Der Riese chalk boards. We obviously know that Harvey Yena was affiliated with 935, so HYENA on the chalkboard has to have merit. Treyarch wouldn't put HYENA on the Der Riese chalkboard if it was just an innocent animal noise in Shi No Numa.

The sound 'hyena.wav' is literally a hyena howling, most likely an environmental addon to create the ambience, but that also means the kookaburo may also be for ambience as well; however, after seeing the buildings from New Guinea, I am more inclined that hyena is just a misnomer, as it's also a sound effect for other maps that would not possibly have hyenas in their locales.

That's a valid point; you can't just invalidate it. It is a geniune hyena. You may believe it a misnomer, but we can't be sure. It's not even likely; it could go either way. Since we don't know whether to discount it or not (discount the hyena file while maintaining the bird file is a biiit selective), it should all be discounted altogether.

And H.Yena wasn't even really thought of at the time. It's a hyena yelling, not a reference to a scientist.

That's a valid point; you can't just invalidate it. It is a geniune hyena. You may believe it a misnomer, but we can't be sure. It's not even likely; it could go either way. Since we don't know whether to discount it or not (discount the hyena file while maintaining the bird file is a biiit selective), it should all be discounted altogether.

And H.Yena wasn't even really thought of at the time. It's a hyena yelling, not a reference to a scientist.

Although hyena's dont exist in any land Japan has ever had control of (AFAIK), so that in itself is enough evidence that this specific sound was probably included for ambience only (like the sound of nuts cracking are used in TV/movie punches, etc.), while the kookaburra really was in a Japanesse controlled area that geographically resembles the map, unlike anywhere in Africa (AFAIK, no jungles or swamps, and vice versa, no hyenas in jungles and/or swamps).

But if the hyena is for ambience, that implies that the bird was too. You can try to say that the bird is different, and that it represents where they came from, but there's no support for that other than gut feeling.

The kookaburra comes from New Guinnea, and from the pictures we can establish that the area is full of swamps and jungles, as well as the resemblence the buildings have to each other is uncanny. If anything, they're definitly not from some rural swamp in the island of Japan. With this follow up I do believe in ~70-80% confidence that nazi_zombie_sumpf takes place in New Guinea

Sure, that makes sense. But the hyena is an outlier. When your data consist of one point on the regression line and one point far off of it, it isn't very reliable data. The hyena raises too many questions.

That would be true in a quantitative equation, but the quality of the evidence can not be numbered. In this case where hyena is an outliers, I believe there is enough evidence there to prove it negligable at best. I'm not saying to count it completely out, just that it has no logical reason to be there no matter what the location is because hyenas do not live in swamps or jungles (

Kookaburras are best known for their unmistakable call, which sounds uncannily like loud, echoing human laughter – good-natured, but rather hysterical, merriment in the case of the renowned Laughing Kookaburra (Dacelo novaeguineae); and maniacal cackling in the case of the slightly smaller Blue-winged Kookaburra (D. leachii). They are generally not closely associated with water, and can be found in habitats ranging from humid forest to arid savanna, but also in suburban and residential areas near running water and where food can be searched for easily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Kookaburras occupy woodland territories in loose family groups, and their laughter serves the same purpose as a great many other bird calls: to demarcate territorial borders.

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content ... aburra.htm

Kookaburras are best known for their unmistakable call, which sounds uncannily like loud, echoing human laughter – good-natured, but rather hysterical, merriment in the case of the renowned Laughing Kookaburra (Dacelo novaeguineae); and maniacal cackling in the case of the slightly smaller Blue-winged Kookaburra (D. leachii). They are generally not closely associated with water, and can be found in habitats ranging from humid forest to arid savanna, but also in suburban and residential areas near running water and where food can be searched for easily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Kookaburras occupy woodland territories in loose family groups, and their laughter serves the same purpose as a great many other bird calls: to demarcate territorial borders.

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content ... aburra.htm

They don't need water and that is why they can live in many different environments, but New Guinea is full of rainforests and swampy forests (which are woodland territories).

And their prey live in swamps "Common prey include mice and similar-sized small mammals, large insects, lizards, small birds and nestlings, and most famously, snakes."

I just think it is a little too selective to be completely discounting the Hyena as unimportant simply because it does not fit with what we have found so far. Well, as far as we know thus far Shangri-la is not really a mystical temple with tons of 115, and there is no Griffin station. those are both out of Germany's (group 935 or whatever) controlled area. So why can we discount the Hyena sound just because it was not in any area in which the Japanese controlled? It just is really selective. and I thought woodland areas referred to things like forests and the like. Jungles and swamps I thought were tropical and humid, where woodland was generally more dry, and usually of milder climate. I could be quite incorrect in that statement, as definitions are usually quite relative in the English language, such as diner. I always use that to refer to the late meal, 5-7pm or so. I recently learned it actually can refer to noon meal, or lunch. 11am-1pm.

I just think it is a little too selective to be completely discounting the Hyena as unimportant simply because it does not fit with what we have found so far. Well, as far as we know thus far Shangri-la is not really a mystical temple with tons of 115, and there is no Griffin station. those are both out of Germany's (group 935 or whatever) controlled area. So why can we discount the Hyena sound just because it was not in any area in which the Japanese controlled? It just is really selective. and I thought woodland areas referred to things like forests and the like. Jungles and swamps I thought were tropical and humid, where woodland was generally more dry, and usually of milder climate. I could be quite incorrect in that statement, as definitions are usually quite relative in the English language, such as diner. I always use that to refer to the late meal, 5-7pm or so. I recently learned it actually can refer to noon meal, or lunch. 11am-1pm.

*hyena's simply dont live in jungles and swamps (and yes, as hard as it is to believe, shi no numa takes place in a jungle/swamp)

*kookaburras live in New Guinea, an area we've seen is filled with jungles and swamps from the pictures posted

*the buildings in New Guinea are uncannilly similar to the ones on Shi No Numa

*Japan never held any land that would be habitable by hyenas during WWII (or at any time AFAIK)

*Japan held New Guinea around WWII

*There are no swamp/jungle areas in Japan with those style buildings AFAIK

*There is no area anywhere with the style buildings and swamps and kukaburras other then New Guinea AFAIK

all these facts line up fairly well IMO

*hyena's simply dont live in jungles and swamps (and yes, as hard as it is to believe, shi no numa takes place in a jungle/swamp)

*kookaburras live in New Guinea, an area we've seen is filled with jungles and swamps from the pictures posted

*Japan never held any land that would be habitable by hyenas during WWII (or at any time AFAIK)

*There is no area anywhere with the style buildings and swamps and kukaburras other then New Guinea AFAIK

Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp?!!!! Seriously, cut out the sarcasm. It's uncalled for. He's just trying to state his point, and since his point is similar to mine, I'll defend him.

The buildings in New Guinea are similar to ones in Shi No Numa? They are HUTS. How different could they be? The entire region probably has similar huts.

You are choosing two sound files. Saying that one counts and the other one doesn't. You can't do that. You say "well hyena is just ambience". What if I said that the bird was just ambience? Oh, but the bird could possibly be the location.

Woodlands =/= swamps. Woodlands is land with wood. A swamp is mostly moisture and plants that capitalize on that.

You have a couple sensable options as I see it. 1. Discount all the evidence altogether for not adding up. It's all just ambience that you guys are looking far too much into. 2. Accept all evidence as the creatures living there, i.e. there are those birds and hyena in Shi No Numa. This would simply mean that they are NON-native, hence, giving us NO insight into where Shi No Numa is located.

That's it. You can't just pick one saying it counts while the other doesn't, saying that it is non-canon. That's picking the data to suit your theories, when it should be picking the theories to support the data. Being Zombies fans, we are fortunate that we have so few non-canonical data, compared to other series.

Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp?!!!! Seriously, cut out the sarcasm. It's uncalled for. He's just trying to state his point, and since his point is similar to mine, I'll defend him.

The buildings in New Guinea are similar to ones in Shi No Numa? They are HUTS. How different could they be? The entire region probably has similar huts.

You are choosing two sound files. Saying that one counts and the other one doesn't. You can't do that. You say "well hyena is just ambience". What if I said that the bird was just ambience? Oh, but the bird could possibly be the location.

Woodlands =/= swamps. Woodlands is land with wood. A swamp is mostly moisture and plants that capitalize on that.

You have a couple sensable options as I see it. 1. Discount all the evidence altogether for not adding up. It's all just ambience that you guys are looking far too much into. 2. Accept all evidence as the creatures living there, i.e. there are those birds and hyena in Shi No Numa. This would simply mean that they are NON-native, hence, giving us NO insight into where Shi No Numa is located.

That's it. You can't just pick one saying it counts while the other doesn't, saying that it is non-canon. That's picking the data to suit your theories, when it should be picking the theories to support the data. Being Zombies fans, we are fortunate that we have so few non-canonical data, compared to other series.

The fact that hyenas dont live in swamps is all the evidence I need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is for ambience only.

The fact that kookaburras have been known to live in an area similar to shi no numa (i.e. New Guinea, where they are exclusive to, where the environment has been shown to be jungle/swamp through pictures) leaves it as the only viable option in and of itself.

I really don't know how else to disprove that hyenas are even relevant, let alone a disproving factor.

Kookaburras are not concrete evidence, but until better evidence comes along, everything fits so why *shouldn't* or why *couldn't* or why

*wouldn't* it be set in New Guinea?

** - and the sarcasm is because everybody seems to be forgetting that simple fact that should in all respects make the entire hyena sound file irrelevant, so i figure if i say something that sticks alone with it the entire part may stick as well

You completely ignored my point!

I'm not saying that hyenas live there or that those birds do either! You simply cannot CHOOSE your data. The first lesson in statistics is that you cannot remove any data that you don't like. The bird is just as relevant as the hyena. If the hyena turns out to be irrelevant, then so is the bird!

You can't disprove that. (You haven't even tried yet!) You can argue against the reasoning, but my point is sound. You cannot pick and choose your data.

You need to choose. Does the bird mean that Shi No Numa takes place in New Guinea? Well if so, then the hyena means that it also takes place in Africa. (I don't see you choosing that option. I wouldn't either.) Then there's the non-native option. Then there's the option that it is all ambience.

Thank you murder machine, I do admit I was a little offended by the sarcasm, however it really was nothing bad. It is nice to know that just a little sarcasm is viewed as unnecessary in CoDz, where other forums I probably would have been subject to much worse treatment.

Anyways

these are African huts. With just a little creativity they could easily be made to resemble Shi no numa's huts, Africa has rainforests, which after periods of extensive rainfall can be rendered to look very similar to swamp like terrain, and more importantly hyena's on the outskirts of grassland areas may be able to make enough noise to be heard from within one of these wet, dense regions.

Thank you murder machine, I do admit I was a little offended by the sarcasm, however it really was nothing bad. It is nice to know that just a little sarcasm is viewed as unnecessary in CoDz, where other forums I probably would have been subject to much worse treatment.

Anyways

these are African huts. With just a little creativity they could easily be made to resemble Shi no numa's huts, Africa has rainforests, which after periods of extensive rainfall can be rendered to look very similar to swamp like terrain, and more importantly hyena's on the outskirts of grassland areas may be able to make enough noise to be heard from within one of these wet, dense regions.

The New Guinea huts are inexplicably more similar then these African huts (i.e. not made of mud/on stilts/etc. etc.), and what about the rare meteorite strike in Guinea in 1933?

I am "ignoring" the hyena because it has been proved to be irrelevant while the kookaburra could be constrayed as a coincidence, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Contrary to your lesson on statistics to me, it is entirely possible for Trey to include one sound as a hint to the locations while using another for ambience (like i said above, nuts cracking in movie punches), you can't know for sure. However, when viewed AS A WHOLE, New Guinea makes more sense and outweighs the countevidence (i.e. an audio file that for all intents and purposes can be deemed irrelevant because of the fact there is no possible way it could ever have been relevent in the first place based on every Japanese controlled land in WWII having absolutely no connection to the habitable areas of said animal), while the kookaburra simply acts as a coincidental add-on. *BOTH* sets of 'data' are being included, but the quality of one over the other is where the real evidence is found.

As for the sarcasm, it seems your making mountains out of mole hills considering your focusing more on that than the fact preceeding it.