The most Random theory you've ever heard

Hey Guys, This is one of my first theories ever, and it came to me in the shower. I'm going to assume that already people will start to dislike this theory partly becuase we already know how the zombies work and partly because it is based ON A MOVIE, but this may be a gateway to more thinking about that.

So I was on the plane back to Toronto yesterday, and I was watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes (the monkey one). In this movie, there was a drug called ALZ 112 that regenerated and improved brain cells and function. This was only used on apes. It gave them green eyes with gold flecks. I made the connection between the zombie eyes and these gold flecks associated with the use of the drug.

As I said, the drug improves brain function and allows the brain to build on itself, increasing intelligence. If you would use this combined with the regenerative properties of Element 115 (Uup), the zombies would become more intelligent, more able to learn. Resulting in improved motor functions. Like reaching through windows, sprinting, so forth.

Although the ALZ-112 was countered by the body eventually, there was a new drug developed, the 113. Now, this 113 was a more aggressive strain and was able to deal quicker than the 112. It was lethal to human's, eventually killing them. In PoTA, the gas is a brownish dust color, almost exactly like the Nova 6 Crawlers. A perfect way of spreading a virus lethal to humans.

This is all I have so far, if I think of more, I will update.

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS BASED ON A MOVIE!Probably the first real "theory" Ive ever posted.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the catalyst for this theory was the zombies' eye colour, I'm curious as to what you make of the fact that their eyes change after completing the Moon easter egg.

Well I will have to work on that because I do not have Moon so I will have to watch someone do the Easter Egg and read other people's things on what everything there does cause Ikinda got lost after the Shangrila one LOL :D

More coming up if I can

• 1 year later...

Would like to bring this thread back from the grave. It's unfortunate Hellhound has left, but, he may have possibly been onto something.

I was watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes the other day, and during the movie, there's a brief scene where it shows a TV advertisement for a couple of seconds. The advertisement says “Icarus Entering Mars Atmosphere” and shows a rocket launch. Later on, it says that the vessel is "Lost In Space" on a newspaper.

For those of you who haven't watched the original, that was a nod and cameo easter egg to the spaceship that held the humans, which returned after 2000 years to the now apocalyptic earth, which they don't realize and think it's another planet.

In a later movie, there is another spaceship called Icarus, which this is also referenced to.

Later on during the climax, the final fight scene takes place on the Golden Gate Bridge, with some minor destruction to it.

Why am I saying these things? Well, they may not have to do with Zombies at all, but countless times in Zombies, we see inspiration from Indiana Jones. Who's to say they they found inspiration from this as well film series? Though small and really nothing to do with the film, we have Icarus from Mars and an unfinished Golden Gate Bridge.

But yeah, the point of this post was to expand on some more similarities between this and MOTD, and that ROTPOTA may have inspired some elements of it.

I'm going to assume that already people will start to dislike this theory

NOT the bad theory you think it is, and it even goes beyond Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

The premise for the later George Romero zombie films is the idea of the humans trying to 'train' the zombies into eating animal flesh or getting the zombies NOT to feel the need to attack.

Remember Bub... ?

http://allgeektomeblog.files.wordpress. ... 06/bub.jpg

The idea was to try and bring back that 'human' instinct, with the hope that the zombies could somehow learn again.

This was evident again in Land of the Dead, the terrible, awful Romero movie that was a little too 'messagey' for my liking, but explored the idea of zombies slowly regaining memories and feeling.

Anyway... good thoughts, and not beyond the realm of possibility. After all... it is guys like Romero and his movies that inspired the game in the first place.