Those last few kills on NML?

I've noticed a lot of you guys getting very close to 300, but not quite making it. The highest I've gotten is 195 I think, but wanted to hit 200.

What I wanted to know, would it be a viable option to try to knife those last few kills to hit that mark you were so close to? By that time you would've used all your M&S shots, and the zombies would be quite strong, so would it be impossible to kill them by knifing before they die out?

If it can be done though, would it be better to go for the zombies or Hellhounds?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for the crawlers.

The key is to horde all the zombies up in the mini swamp, waiting for the crawlers to get to the back with you. Once you're set, run them all the way up to the teleporter pad, and sprint jump back down to the crawlers, getting in as many knives as possible. Rinse and repeat and hopefully your crawlers won't die out!

After running out of M&S ammo, the zombies are likely to be at the point where they are nearly invincible. I see guys like TheRelaxingEnd and MatoM21 trying to knife up a few extra crawlers at the end, but realistically any crawlers you can kill at the very end is just frosting on the cake. The NML leaderboards are so competitive that 1-2 extra kills could catapult your ranking up some, so it's worth going for those extra kills unless it's just futile.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever made it to 300+ kills on NML? Most I've seen is RelaxingEnd's 295.

The current highest kill count is 351 but MatoMaster21. Chopper as he said has done 306. I'll be going for 300 again at some point but I've gotten bored of NML atm so I'm gonna take a bit of a break from it.

After this topic I felt like playing a little NML again, as usual I was getting no luck from the side-drop strategy that I normally use.

Attempted the back pool strategy for the first time in ages - 308 kills!!!

I managed to video-cap the last minute and a half which I'll upload to YT very shortly; had no idea what was to come when I started the game, sorta realised after 280 kills with a full clip left that I may possibly break 300 kills, and I ended up doing so :D

After this topic I felt like playing a little NML again, as usual I was getting no luck from the side-drop strategy that I normally use.

Attempted the back pool strategy for the first time in ages - 308 kills!!!

I managed to video-cap the last minute and a half which I'll upload to YT very shortly; had no idea what was to come when I started the game, sorta realised after 280 kills with a full clip left that I may possibly break 300 kills, and I ended up doing so :D

It's up:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=19195

So happy right now :D

If you're going for high kills, definitely wanna get PaP first or you'll have to spend ages knifing for 5000 points after buying Jugg, won't get much more than 100 kills like that :lol:

I think to have any chance of getting over 300 kills you need at least 90 kills by the time you get Jugg.

i havent ever tried to seriously do nml but i might have a go now, but whats best to buy first

p-a-p

or

jug

Buy PAP first, so you can later use the points that M&S gives you to buy Jug.

If you buy Jug first, by the time that you manage to get the 5000 points to PAP the zombies will be too strong to kill. :geek:

Very cool bro. I just watched your 306. It's a shame it hasn't got more views though. Deserves it.

Getting the views is not as important as getting the true appreciation. Not everyone does it for views.

Thanks to both of you :)

Sure I want views but really not as much as people think. My videos are very personal to me, I use my favorite music regardless of copyright and edit them as I like them. Man if it means I get only 100 views of people who actually appreciate the work that has gone into them then that is preferable to me to getting 1000 views of the GFaq community who have their heads up their arses!

Very cool bro. I just watched your 306. It's a shame it hasn't got more views though. Deserves it.

Getting the views is not as important as getting the true appreciation. Not everyone does it for views.

I never said or insinuated that he does it for the views. I merely stated that is was a shame his video hadn't had more views as there are others out there who haven't done as well and have 10x the views.

I never said or insinuated that he does it for the views. I merely stated that is was a shame his video hadn't had more views as there are others out there who haven't done as well and have 10x the views.

I don't think you did mate and I know Way didn't mean it like you took it.

I appreciate what you are saying, thank you :)