The battle: shotguns vs. rifles vs. smg's vs. mg's

Its a question I've alwAys pondered on: which is the best?

Shotguns: examples: Spas-12, Trenchgun, Stakeout.

These guns are great for clearing hallways and even taking out multiple zombies with one shell. They are extremely powerful and great killing machines, with only two downfalls: they don't rack up too many points and they are very short range weapons.

Rifles:Examples: M14, Kar98, M1 Garand

Rifles are Powerful, accurate, and very long range. They are good for taking down enemies from a distance. Their only downfalls are their rate of fire, reload speed, and ammo capacity. (some)

Sub-machine gunsExamples: Mp40, Thompson, AK74u

These are good for taking out anything from a single zombie to a whole horde. They are fairly powerful, have medium range, fast reload speed, and good ammo capacity. Downfall: power in later rounds.

Machine guns: Examples: Browning M1919, HK21, RPK.

These are overall great weapons. Lots of power, and lots of ammo. Range is great. Good for hordes. Their only downfall is reload speed, but speed cola can fix that.

So what's the best?

They're all great weapons for they're different purposes. But, my vote goes to:

SMG's

To me they are just the best for all purposes. Great for training and getting points, ammo capacity is good, and range is medium. Also, one of my favorite things about them is their capability to kill huge hordes, as well as a single enemy. Thanks for taking time to read, and do give feedback!

PS I didn't add pistols, assault rifles, or winder waffle on purpose. Those will be a different thread, later on down the road.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with the SMGs.

I favor the SMGs over the rest for several reasons.

They are mainly wall weapons, so ammo is ALWAYS available. The are also quick reloading and have high fire rates, and some like the thompson and AK74u pack a strong punch and all are very good for head shots. SMGs are also good with hip fire, the best, and this is good for large tight trains where you don't have time to ADS.

Here's why I didn't pick the rest:

Shotguns: They're good

Rifles: Ok maybe

LMGs: They're to slow, take forever to reload, low mobility, low fire rate (besides MG42), high recoil, slow ads, expensive to maintain ammo later rounds, weak, etc. Only good thing is the ammo. Maybe if your a camping noob.

ARs: #2 to SMGs mainly because they aren't as ammo efficient as SMGs (have more reserves but can't get without Max Ammo, and the wall ARs aren't an stronger than SMGs), and slightly slower mobility and worse hip fire. But that's really it.

SMGs or MGs

TBH, SMGs are only really good on WaW, with higher ammo capacity and power. Don't care about the point building, it annoys me when I have to go back to the wall in BO after only a minute or 2.

Again, MGs were better in WaW as well, they seemed so powerful in those late rounds, however, they're still decent in BO, and they're still better than snipers or shotguns (again, both seem better in WaW? I'm not ranting about WaW being better, but just noticing).

I say Rifles. Specifically SNIPER Rifles. Such POWER they have!

Deadshot Daiquiri=Quickscope-Multiple headshots!

SMGS and LMGs have higher Ammo, but they are weak. Snipers are 1HKO to the dome until atleast 30.

Rifles like the M14 and Gewehr are also pretty beast. They dont hold as much ammo as an SMG, but they have so much more killing power when upgraded than an SMG does.

EDIT: Does the FN FAL count as an AR or Rifle? Its an Assult Rifle, but it handles more like a normal Rifle. Iguess if you count the M14 as a Rifle, the FN FAL counts too.

SMGs get my vote. Great for building points and getting through the early rounds, and you can almost always pick one thats on-route or at least real close to your running area.

Sure they don't do much damage past the 30+ rounds, but by that point the ammo on any Rifle, MG and even the Ray Gun starts to run out every round or 2 anyways, so at that point I'm normally opting for a wonder weapon and traps to take out the waves, still keeping hold of my SMG to make points for the trap.

SMGs far outclass any of the standard weapons. They are so readily available, and the AK74u does so much damage and has so much ammo, it outclasses more than 1/3 of the box weapons. The hipspread on the MP5K, little recoil of the Thompson and so on make the SMG class the obvious choice for zombies. Often times, you'll want to run as fast as possible yet still have a viable points option. With an SMG you're guaranteed both.