iOS Kino Findings

Rissole25

Alright so I haven't really seen much about Kino on iOS or if anything new has been found, changes, etc. So I decided to do it myself! It will really give a perspective those who don't have it since there aren't many screenshots going around.

First I'd like to show this picture. It's the last loading screen before the intro screen. It's only on for a short time.

You'll recognise it from part of the Nacht der Unoten loading screen, except it has the numbers 24, 09, 2011. Now I'm guessing it's referring to 24th September, 2011. I can't find anything noticeable about the date to do with Zombies, except that it was around the time Rezurrection was released on PS3, and a couple of days before the Mule Kick update.

The black portrait is gone, and Richtofen's has replaced it. His portrait is the same size as the others, and there is no portrait where Richtofen's use to be. I haven't been able to interact with any of them so far.

It could possibly be referring to Samantha being in Richtofen's body, and how she is in the same position as the other characters now.

The new poster added. It says Sitzungen ler WunscRos. I'm not sure what it translates to, but Sitzungen means Sessions.

Black Wolf has given a good a answer.

If I may, I think it says "Sitzungen der Wunsches" which would translate roughly to "Meetings of Desires," as best I can tell... It does look a bit like a couple getting ready to have a rendezvous. Ah, zombie romance. I love it.

The same Beware of the 6! sign we see on the console. It's meaning is most likely the Nova 6/Gas zombies.

No chandelier. This would most likely mean there are no radios, as shown by the next picture.

The wall and the guard tower is still there, but no radio. I tried shooting the same spot on the tower but nothing. The Fernsehturm (the TV tower under constructioin) is not there either

This is a new small area added between the traps and the powered door leading to the main room. It's just a small ramp on each side which leads down to the main walkway as shown.

Where Mule Kick would be. Who knows if it will; PhD Flopper and Stamin-Up have been mentioned in the in-game help, but nothing about Deadshot Daiquri or Mule Kick.

The PAP room. Maxis desk is missing, as well as the blackboard, clock and several other things. The projector is not solid, so there most likely isn't any film reels to find.

Railings added to the two staircases and the staircase leading up to the sentry gun. Makes it a little harder if you use and jump of the staircases regularly, but it's manageable.

Our favourite clearly hidden message. The Illuminati writing stands for Aether, so "Aether Projectionist". But what exactly is an Aether Projectionist?

There are these weird Nova 6 gas clouds just floating about. They are there even before the power is turned on and the Gas zombies arrive.

The barrels with the aliens/people in them have been replaced with simple boxes. This could just be for graphical reasons and to keep the size down, or there could be another reason?

I found two of these in total so far. It says "Knowledge itself is ̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶e̶ for the taking". Possible signature in the bottom left corner but it's illegible.

The box with the knocking is gone, and so is the knocking. It could've been removed because it affected gameplay to much, but it's certainly is more than a coincidence.

The Pentagon Room and the Verruckt room do not exist in this game apparently. I've only been to Samantha's destroyed and normal rooms. They're fairly the same, but with a couple of slight differences.

Samantha's Room (Normal)

Funny how they have the Monkey Bomb here, but no Monkey Bomb in game. Also Samantha's bedside table has changed texture, sorta resembling piano/keyboard keys. The bear isn't playing chess, the figurines of axis characters aren't there, and perk bottles aren't there, but that's obviously for technical/graphical reasons.

You may have also noticed some new abstract art in her bedroom. It actually replaces another picture in the console version, but the odd thing is that there is a weird shadow around it that resembles a frame!

From what I can see, it looks a person, with a desk in front of them. But when I look again it looks like there are flowers, or a tree of some sort on the back of this person. So confusing haha! But it could actually be a real life painting, so if anyone comes across it, sees an image, etc, please tell us!

Samantha's Room (Destroyed)

Pretty much the same as the console counter-part. The window is broken (which you can see the sky and clouds out of. It was just gray on the console). The bear does not have a glowing red eye though, and is not holding a giant Bowie Knife like in the Wii. The abstract painting is no where to be seen, whereas the original painting had fallen to the ground. I'm pretty sure the white line in the 3rd picture is a hole the developers forgot to cover up, or just bad object placing.

Just the 115 meteors that play '115'. Abracadavre will probably be in Ascension.

Dual Wield doesn't exist in this game, so M&S, or just Sally, looks like the C-3000 b1at-ch35. To counter it, it has 12 shells reload instead of the usual 6 per gun. In the next update I'll check all the Dual Wield guns to see how they're affected, and also check other weapons for changes (Skullcrusher doesn't upgrade max ammo, G11 doesn't come with Low Power Scope, etc).

The message board to the left of the PaP machine. I think it's the same as the original, though I'll need confirmation on it.

Something sounds grammatically wrong with the sentence. Wasn't it just Hold _ to PaP? Not Hold _ to purchase PaP?

Aether. You don't get any images though, but you can move (on the spot), fire, crouch/prone, throw a grenade, etc.

3 teddy bears shoot out 3 times before the box rises. Both laughs happen at the same time as well.

Can you see what's out of place? Hint: it's at the very top, and outside. I have no idea why they had the building wall arc out like that.

All swastika's have been changed to the eagle. In some versions of Black Ops, it is changed to the eagle too.

The projector screen just randomly comes out of the roof, and there is no trace of it before the power turns on. However you can only even see half of it from the PaP room, which means half of the image should be appearing on the curtain. :P

The Hellhound spawn limit decreases every Hellhound round apparently. Usually it's 2, but there is about 6 here.

In the crates that replace the alien thingys in the capsules, you can partially see sand bags that could possibly be dead bodies, but I can't get a good overhead view of them, so this was the next best thing. They look like actual sandbags though, and there was only one in the box, at the very bottom of it, not 4 bunched together. I'll investigate it further.

A billboard sign has appeared in the room above the alley, but the words are facing the window, and it's unviewable from the outside.

It partially has no model though, so you can see the words. It looks the same as the billboard right by Double Tap, but it's different, because the word Kino is in the top right, while on the normal billboard it's in the bottom left. Not sure what to think of it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I've been waiting awhile for someone to get a better picture of this!!!

Insta- [brains] for you my friend.

I'll report back with what I find :ugeek:

No problem! I'll be waiting haha. If you need a close up, better angle or even just want a picture of a certain area I'd be happy to help. I've seen a couple of pictures in Samantha's room that look new.

Oh it's just simple iPod feature, which I'm guessing works on the iPhone and iPad. You press the power button and the home button at the same time and wallah! There should be a white flash and the screen cap should appear in your photo's. Just be wary in this game as maybe 20-25% of the time it will crash right after taking the picture.

I edit the size of them in Photobucket though because they are way to big and would stretch the thread.

I'm nearly done with getting everything for the 2nd update, just need to get some more pictures of Samantha's destroyed/normal room. But it's hard when you hardly go there when you teleport, or the app crashes before you can.

Last picture makes it look like Sam has some weird taste for abstract art... anyway!

The new poster added. It says Sitzungen ler WunscRos. I'm not sure what it translates to, but Sitzungen means Sessions.

If I may, I think it says "Sitzungen der Wunsches" which would translate roughly to "Meetings of Desires," as best I can tell... It does look a bit like a couple getting ready to have a rendezvous. Ah, zombie romance. I love it.

That's probably what it is actually. I thought it was Wunscflos at first. The translation would certainly fit the title, so I'll update the main post with it. [brains]

Unfortunately Photobucket is being stupid. Everything else but the Upload button appears, and I need to upload the last 5 or so images. I can do the update without them though, so if it hasn't fixed itself by tonight than I'll post the update.

The text on those things can be a royal pain to read sometimes. Have you tried imageshack for hosting maybe? I generally bounce between it and photobucket depending on which one is pissing me off more at any given moment. I look forward to seeing more images, as I have no i-devices on which to play, but I'm interested to see.

On somewhat of a side note, if I recall correctly, the other posters in Kino correlate with actual stage performances, but I don't think this one does. At any rate, I can't find a play with a similar title.

(Note that I did leave brains on your original post, I simply neglected to add the euphoria-inspiring emoticon. Thus, I shall do so now. [brains] )

UPDATE!

January 3rd, 2012

The Pentagon Room and the Verruckt room do not exist in this game apparently. I've only been to Samantha's destroyed and normal rooms. They're fairly the same, but with a couple of slight differences.

Samantha's Room (Normal)

Funny how they have the Monkey Bomb here, but no Monkey Bomb in game. Also Samantha's bedside table has changed texture, sorta resembling piano/keyboard keys. The bear isn't playing chess, the figurines of axis characters aren't there, and perk bottles aren't there, but that's obviously for technical/graphical reasons.

You may have also noticed some new abstract art in her bedroom. It actually replaces another picture in the console version, but the odd thing is that there is a weird shadow around it that resembles a frame!

From what I can see, it looks a person, with a desk in front of them. But when I look again it looks like there are flowers, or a tree of some sort on the back of this person. So confusing haha! But it could actually be a real life painting, so if anyone comes across it, sees an image, etc, please tell us!

Samantha's Room (Destroyed)

Pretty much the same as the console counter-part. The window is broken (which you can see the sky and clouds out of. It was just gray on the console). The bear does not have a glowing red eye though, and is not holding a giant Bowie Knife like in the Wii. The abstract painting is no where to be seen, whereas the original painting had fallen to the ground. I'm pretty sure the white line in the 3rd picture is a hole the developers forgot to cover up, or just bad object placing.

Just the 115 meteors that play '115'. Abracadavre will probably be in Ascension.

Dual Wield doesn't exist in this game, so M&S, or just Sally, looks like the C-3000 b1at-ch35. To counter it, it has 12 shells reload instead of the usual 6 per gun. In the next update I'll check all the Dual Wield guns to see how they're affected, and also check other weapons for changes (Skullcrusher doesn't upgrade max ammo, G11 doesn't come with Low Power Scope, etc).

The message board to the left of the PaP machine. I think it's the same as the original, though I'll need confirmation on it.

Something sounds grammatically wrong with the sentence. Wasn't it just Hold _ to PaP? Not Hold _ to purchase PaP?

Aether. You don't get any images though, but you can move (on the spot), fire, crouch/prone, throw a grenade, etc.

3 teddy bears shoot out 3 times before the box rises. Both laughs happen at the same time as well.

Can you see what's out of place? Hint: it's at the very top, and outside. I have no idea why they had the building wall arc out like that.

All swastika's have been changed to the eagle. In some versions of Black Ops, it is changed to the eagle too.

The projector screen just randomly comes out of the roof, and there is no trace of it before the power turns on. However you can only even see half of it from the PaP room, which means half of the image should be appearing on the curtain. :P

The Hellhound spawn limit decreases every Hellhound round apparently. Usually it's 2, but there is about 6 here.

In the crates that replace the alien thingys in the capsules, you can partially see sand bags that could possibly be dead bodies, but I can't get a good overhead view of them, so this was the next best thing. They look like actual sandbags though, and there was only one in the box, at the very bottom of it, not 4 bunched together. I'll investigate it further.

A billboard sign has appeared in the room above the alley, but the words are facing the window, and it's unviewable from the outside.

It partially has no model though, so you can see the words. It looks the same as the billboard right by Double Tap, but it's different, because the word Kino is in the top right, while on the normal billboard it's in the bottom left. Not sure what to think of it.

Depends on where you are and what you're working on, really. Plenty of countries use day month year format, as do many standardized academic methods.

Anyway, pics look good. Appreciate your continued updates for those of us without the devices to look at these things ourselves. :)

Haha in Australia we use DD/MM/YYYY.

I'm kinda hoping something new was added, like Peter's Grave, or the added 8th radio in Der Riese. Something like that would be fine because it would at least give us new information. But by the looks of it, nothing so far. I haven't heard of anything else discovered. CoD Wiki, though unreliable has nothing new about it. Maybe if not in this, than Ascension.

Things could be improved though. I've only died 3 times, every other time the app has crashed. The ranking system is based of your total score, and I think it doesn't include Dead Ops. There are so many weapons missing though. No Snipers, No LAW (but China Lake is...), No SPAS-12, Monkey Bombs or Wonder Weapons. It makes me wonder if they'll include the Gersch Device in Ascension...

LMW-YBC, I need you to do something. Because of my internet connection, I can't play it online, so I need you to maybe check some things out that could be different? Maybe if you could get a group of friends together and search around? If that's not possible than that's fine. But when you all teleport, can you check if you all go to the same room? Or if it's 2 in each room? Maybe there could be the other 2 rooms added if 4 are playing.

Ok, now here's a few things I've spotted...

The pictures in the room upstairs in the spawn have disappeared. I wonder why this has happened.

Another thing missing from Kino is the top seats.

Lots of them are missing but this is most likely due to the amount of memory needed to include them all.

And yet another feature has been removed from Kino..

The fuse boxes! Some of us think that they are part of a hidden Easter Egg and are still trying to work it out, so another possibility of finding a special secret has gone.

And finally, 2 new spaces have been added: One in the spawn, one at the door leading to the Dressing room.

This one allows you to circle the couch because the barriers surrounding it have been tooken away. Not a very good place to circle but maybe some hardcore iPod gamers will find a way :)

This one looks better than the previous one. Still not the best place to camp, maybe for Hellhounds but not for Zombies!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...