Trap Recharge Time

Ok, messing around in Trap Maps, high Rounds, heavy trap use, etc. And I noticed an inconcistancy with the recharge time of the traps from Map to Map.

For Example, On Ascension, round 40-50, I can build a train, burn them down, build up another, blow it away with the Zeus Cannon, build up another and STILL the trap hasnt recharged yet.

Now, on SNN, I can build up a train, take them through a trap (Flogger. Electraps on SNN were NOT tested for the inconcistancy) then go build up another and the Trap RECHARGES by the time I already have that second train built up.

NOw I THOUGHT the problem with the time I was seeing was related to the Flogger, until I played Der Riese and all the Electraps had a really rapid recharge time, similar to the Flogger.

NOw at this point, I thought Maybe its the Fire Traps that have the longer Recharge time, until I tested traps on Verruckt and Kino, which had similar long recharge times like Ascension.

Anyone have insight on this? Are the recharge times really that diverse, or am I just going crazy?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In ascension I do what you said even for high rounds, build up a train by PHD lander, run them to Mule kick trap jump down the hole, build another train use thundergun on them , then build another train and wait exactly 5-10 seconds and run slowly to the trap. It should cool down. It always did for me. In that 5- 10 seconds You can build points which is essential for you to hit the box for new thundergun.

The trap cooling recharge time is consistent and does not change. I think its probably 60 seconds after it is turned off. I never had to count it because I always alternated my t-gun shots with it and it worked out fine.

There is a noticeable difference. Especially with the Flogger, thats for sure.

In ascension I do what you said even for high rounds, build up a train by PHD lander, run them to Mule kick trap jump down the hole, build another train use thundergun on them , then build another train and wait exactly 5-10 seconds and run slowly to the trap. It should cool down. It always did for me. In that 5- 10 seconds You can build points which is essential for you to hit the box for new thundergun.

Have you tried Running a train on the Lander>Burning em by Mule Kick>Build another at PHD>Burn em at Stamin Up>Build up by Claymores>Burn by Mule Kick>Etc. This completely nullifies the need to get a new thundergun (And eventually, the need for the Thundergun completely), Monkeys keep your Ammo supply up every few rounds (unless you do the "no Monkey Round trick), and eventually points become ridiculous and you can clear 50-60 with about 100,000 points pretty damn quickly.

There is a noticeable difference. Especially with the Flogger, thats for sure.

Have you tried Running a train on the Lander>Burning em by Mule Kick>Build another at PHD>Burn em at Stamin Up>Build up by Claymores>Burn by Mule Kick>Etc. This completely nullifies the need to get a new thundergun (And eventually, the need for the Thundergun completely), Monkeys keep your Ammo supply up every few rounds (unless you do the "no Monkey Round trick), and eventually points become ridiculous and you can clear 50-60 with about 100,000 points pretty damn quickly.

That one. Idk what it is

Oh, the No monkey round thing is where you buy Revive from the start and try to get Jugg from Monkeys without opening the door. Then let them take your quick revive eventually and it keeps monkey rounds from occuring, but you have Jugg. Cant get any other Perks though, thats the downside (Well some maybe, unless you want to upgrade). Its not really a glitch.

Well it might just be in my head. But still, on Round 50 of Ascension, You can build up an entire mob, kill it, build up another, and walk all the way to the trap before it recharges, but in Co-Op Der Riese, you barely have enough time to build up a single mob before it recharges. Its just driving me crazy a little, because I hear all of these statistics, and all this "from the code" stuff that I just cant get to add up In-Game.

here is the info in Duckcall's charts thread which I highly recommend everyone read anyway it is fantastic

Once a fire trap or electric trap it bought it will stay active for 40 seconds. It then takes the trap 60 seconds to cool down.

The fire and electric traps do 100 damage to the player.

The Auto Turret lasts for 30 seconds.

The centrifuge has a 60% chance of spinning on any given round.

Once it starts spinning, the centrifuge will be active for 4-7 seconds.

The centrifuge will do 50 damage to the player.

Landers take 30 seconds to refuel.

The Landers and Zombapult do not kill the zombies. They will respawn them.

The Spike Trap does not do any damage.

The player must stand on the Geyser for 3 second to activate it.

The Geyser stays active for 5 seconds.

The Flogger takes 45 seconds to cooldown.

The Jump Pads on Moon randomly spawn power-ups.

This includes Fire Sale, Insta-kill, Nuke, Double Points, and Carpenter

The power-up will move around after 15.0s, 7.5s, 2.5s and 1.5s.

here is the info in Duckcall's charts thread which I highly recommend everyone read anyway it is fantastic

Once a fire trap or electric trap it bought it will stay active for 40 seconds. It then takes the trap 60 seconds to cool down.

The fire and electric traps do 100 damage to the player.

The Auto Turret lasts for 30 seconds.

The centrifuge has a 60% chance of spinning on any given round.

Is this once per Round? I've seen it spin more than once per Round, so I am just asking.

Once it starts spinning, the centrifuge will be active for 4-7 seconds.

The centrifuge will do 50 damage to the player.

I have had the Centrifuge kill me in 1 hit WITH Jugg, and no Zombie slaps.

Landers take 30 seconds to refuel.

The Landers and Zombapult do not kill the zombies. They will respawn them.

I've seen 4 zombies get Catapulted, and only 1 respawns (end of round)

The Spike Trap does not do any damage.

The player must stand on the Geyser for 3 second to activate it.

The Geyser stays active for 5 seconds.

The Flogger takes 45 seconds to cooldown.

The Jump Pads on Moon randomly spawn power-ups.

This includes Fire Sale, Insta-kill, Nuke, Double Points, and Carpenter

The power-up will move around after 15.0s, 7.5s, 2.5s and 1.5s.

Enough of those questions.

OFF TOPIC, anyone got info on Mini-Zombie damage? (I'll ask this in a new topic if this is not the time or place for this)

I don't recommend stamin up trap, takes too long and bit risky. Also there is no need if you can use the thunder gun in combination with mule kick trap. The time you save on this one can be used to get a new thunder gun at end of round. traps tire and bore me alot.

While true, if you're good at running the AK-74u room this is twice as fast as the other methods after round 40. I have consistently been able to build up a full train, run them through the trap, then build up an entirely new train and run it through the same trap within 30 seconds. The route to run is pretty dicey, though.

You can do the same thing with the other trap by running a little circle at the bottom of the ramp and running back through in time, but I have much less practice with it (and it seems inherently more dangerous for some reason)

The recharge time varies from map to map, but for each individual trap the recharge time is exactly the same each time. With Ascension in particular, it depends on whether you get a quick or slow spawn i.e. you may get quite a few zombies spawning at the furthest away spawn points from your location so it'll take more time to gather them, therefore it'll seem like the trap recharged sooner than last time.